Charlottesville Driver May have Been Panicked into Losing Control of His Car

I am NOT blaming the victim. However, the counter protesters were assembling in an area not cordoned off - cars were present. Not all streets were cordoned off so that traffic had somewhere to go and so the town wasn't completely paralyzed. There is a risk involved if folks are going to stand in the middle of through streets.

Doesn't blame the victim, but don't stand in through streets not cordoned off. Please....have some respect for residents.

Here is a birds eye vid.. Lots of cars stopped by the assembly.

I uh, don't see a collision there. :dunno:

SW quadrant. The actual collision is blocked by the building, but you can see the cars rapidly pushed into the crowd.

Still nothing. I'm assuming by "SW quadrant" you mean lower left. Don't see it. No vehicle, no reaction, no nothing.

I've unintentionally stepped on the gas pedal too hard before, myself. I let off before I ran over a bunch of people and killed at least one, but that's just me.
I'm thinking three or four (or more) incidents I've seen on tv news of someone who accidentally stepped on the gas and drove right through a wall or store window. It happens a lot, and all this fellow's lawyer(s) need to do is collect as many examples as they can find and, provided this fellow hasn't already hung himself by talking, he stands a very good chance of being acquitted of the first degree murder he's charged with. Unless he confesses, or unless there is strong evidence that he planned it, he can walk free.

How then does he explain tearing back up the hill in reverse? What, he accidentally stepped on the gas, accidentally crashed, accidentally immediately put the car in reverse, accidentally tore back up the hill in reverse, even though he just killed a pedestrian, accidentally driving perfectly straight, and accidentally drove away until he was accidentally caught?
He was surrounded and attacked, so he floored it to get away. When he was reversing, you can actually see some aggressors still chasing him. He was trying to get away based on what I see in the video. Maybe his car got stuck on a particularly overweight negro-lover, so he had to reverse the long way out to get away. He should have driven something heavier, like a steamroller, if he wanted to get out of there more reliably.

Oh he was trying to get away, that's clear.

But apparently that was an "accident".

Steamroller huh. No one would ever catch that. As long as they were stuck in quicksand....

Last edited:
Still nothing. I'm assuming by "SW quadrant" you mean lower left. Don't see it. No vehicle, no reaction, no nothing.
The bugundy car is rapidly shoved into the intersection. It was the first car in the two. The second car was the covertable. Both were pushed hard by the impact.. Watch the people scatter.

I know the intersection well. Compare the buildings around the intersection with those in other vids.

Also note many cars were blocked by the assembly

I've unintentionally stepped on the gas pedal too hard before, myself. I let off before I ran over a bunch of people and killed at least one, but that's just me.
I'm thinking three or four (or more) incidents I've seen on tv news of someone who accidentally stepped on the gas and drove right through a wall or store window. It happens a lot, and all this fellow's lawyer(s) need to do is collect as many examples as they can find and, provided this fellow hasn't already hung himself by talking, he stands a very good chance of being acquitted of the first degree murder he's charged with. Unless he confesses, or unless there is strong evidence that he planned it, he can walk free.

How then does he explain tearing back up the hill in reverse? What, he accidentally stepped on the gas, accidentally crashed, accidentally immediately put the car in reverse, accidentally tore back up the hill in reverse, accidentally driving perfectly straight, and accidentally drove away until he was accidentally caught?
He was surrounded and attacked, so he floored it to get away. When he was reversing, you can actually see some aggressors still chasing him. He was trying to get away based on what I see in the video. Maybe his car got stuck on a particularly overweight negro-lover, so he had to reverse the long way out to get away. He should have driven something heavier, like a steamroller, if he wanted to get out of there more reliably.
Aggressors chasing him isn't conclusive of anything. I'd be chasing a car if it rammed into a bunch of cars and people.

The bugundy car is rapidly shoved into the intersection. It was the first car in the two. The second car was the covertable. Both were pushed hard by the impact.. Watch the people scatter.

I know the intersection well. Compare the buildings around the intersection with those in other vids.

OK I can see people spilling off the front of the burgundy car and it just now occurs to me that it's slowed down which throws off all perception when one's looking for an impact. But the collision itself is invisible, all we see is the front car's inertia. I can only see a piece of the car behind it (I take it two cars were hit in a chain reaction?). The perp car isn't visible at all.

Another bogus YouTube title. :rolleyes:

OK I can see people spilling off the front of the burgundy car and it just now occurs to me that it's slowed down which throws off all perception when one's looking for an impact. But the collision itself is invisible, all we see is the front car's inertia. I can only see a piece of the car behind it (I take it two cars were hit in a chain reaction?). The perp car isn't visible at all.

Yeah...two cars. My latest post shows it well (it's hard to watch if you have any conscience, which you do). The burgundy car was in front of a white convertible with a black rag top. He slammed into the convertible...with such impact...that both of the stopped cars were rapidly accelerated into the crowd.

Anyway, the crowd shouldn't have been there. Doesn't justify what happened, but it's much safer to protest in areas where streets are blocked off.

How then does he explain tearing back up the hill in reverse? What, he accidentally stepped on the gas, accidentally crashed, accidentally immediately put the car in reverse, accidentally tore back up the hill in reverse, accidentally driving perfectly straight, and accidentally drove away until he was accidentally caught?
Aggressors chasing him isn't conclusive of anything. I'd be chasing a car if it rammed into a bunch of cars and people.
I was just explaining why he might have been reversing away.

Yeah...two cars. My latest post shows it well (it's hard to watch if you have any conscience, which you do). The burgundy car was in front of a white convertible with a black rag top. He slammed into the convertible...with such impact...that both of the stopped cars were rapidly accelerated into the crowd.

Anyway, the crowd shouldn't have been there. Doesn't justify what happened, but it's much safer to protest in areas where streets are blocked off.
I suspect they would have been fine if they hadn't attacked the guy's car and put him in fear for his life. It certainly looks like that's what might have happened.

Whether they were protesting, simply crossing the street, on their way to a restaurant or whatever --- the injuries and fatalities work the same way.

I believe the first fatality, the 32-year-old woman, was simply crossing the street. In a street where traffic is stopped and none are expected to move anytime soon due to pedestrians ---- regardless WHY those pedestrians are there --- it's a reasonable assumption that it's OK to cross and one isn't going to be hit by a car out of nowhere going 40 mph. There is no way to make her death her fault. None.

I suspect they would have been fine if they hadn't attacked the guy's car and put him in fear for his life. It certainly looks like that's what might have happened.

I suspect you'd also sue the dead pedestrian for the cleaning bill to get her blood off the car.

Whether they were protesting, simply crossing the street, on their way to a restaurant or whatever --- the injuries and fatalities work the same way.

I believe the first fatality, the 32-year-old woman, was simply crossing the street. In a street where traffic is stopped and none are expected to move anytime soon due to pedestrians ---- regardless WHY those pedestrians are there --- it's a reasonable assumption that it's OK to cross and one isn't going to be hit by a car out of nowhere going 40 mph. There is no way to make her death her fault. None.
I never said it was her fault...several times. :rolleyes:

I've been at many, many, demonstrations/protests over the years. We never assembled in an unsafe area....meaning standing in the middle of a fucking street where cars are trying to pass.

I've been at many, many, demonstrations/protests over the years. We never assembled in an unsafe area....meaning standing in the middle of a fucking street where cars are trying to pass.

And again --- cars can't pass if there's a waft of pedestrians in front of them. That's simple physics.

WHY those pedestrians might be there is another matter and unrelated, but the fact that they are there --- for whatever reason known or unknown --- means that it's reasonable to cross the street and not expect to get rammed by a car. Whether that car was the perp, or hit from behind BY the perp.

The reason for the pedestrians' presence has nothing to do with the dead and injured. Mass and inertia do. Nobody was hit by a car until Junior Johnson showed up.

I was just explaining why he might have been reversing away.

Murderers usually try to get away.

And again --- cars can't pass if there's a waft of pedestrians in front of them. That's simple physics.

WHY those pedestrians might be there is another matter and unrelated, but the fact that they are there --- for whatever reason known or unknown --- means that it's reasonable to cross the street and not expect to get rammed by a car. Whether that car was the perp, or hit from behind BY the perp.

The reason for the pedestrians' presence has nothing to do with the dead and injured. Mass and inertia do. Nobody was hit by a car until Junior Johnson showed up.
Meh...It's still irresponsible - personal safety-wise - to stand in the middle of a through street...unless it's officially closed. Common instructions to folks prepping for a demonstration.

I know this will not even penetrate into the minds of our SJWs who just wanna have ANY reason at all to hate some random white guy, but it seems that the driver was hit with a bat and that might have panicked him.

It might be that the driver in Charlottesville was panicked into losing control of his car, and did not intentionally run his car into the crowd.
VIDEO: Protesters Attacked Charlottesville Driver's Car With Baseball Bat

Democratic Party thuggery and their violence against drivers is getting so bad we're going to see laws like this spread around the country.

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 330 Information/History (2017-2018 Session)

I know this will not even penetrate into the minds of our SJWs who just wanna have ANY reason at all to hate some random white guy, but it seems that the driver was hit with a bat and that might have panicked him.

It might be that the driver in Charlottesville was panicked into losing control of his car, and did not intentionally run his car into the crowd.
VIDEO: Protesters Attacked Charlottesville Driver's Car With Baseball Bat

Nice try. The 20 year old Nazi was headed into the crowd forcing people out of his way when the rear of his car was struck. He did know how to use reverse after killing a young woman and injuring nineteen. which was the clearest path out if his intent was to avoid hitting people.

He's not a random white guy. He is a NAZI. Your effort to befriend him is duly noted.

My eyes are getting old so I might be wrong, but for some reason my head told me it looks like the windshield is shattered before he hits that white mustang.

Who knows, I presume the police will figure it out as they're probably compiling all the video and stuff - even the stuff the media won't put out (like before the accident and such.)

Si modo, post: 17923372
Meh...It's still irresponsible - personal safety-wise - to stand in the middle of a through street...unless it's officially closed. Common instructions to folks prepping for a demonstration.

It was officially closed due to two cars stopped blocking any more cars from entering the intersection. When you drive and cars and people are blocking your way do you ram them if you don't see a sign ''officially' closing the intersection?

Blaming a victim murdered by a NAZI is duly noted.

My eyes are getting old so I might be wrong, but for some reason my head told me it looks like the windshield is shattered before he hits that white mustang.

Without hunting down videos I thought I saw that too.

All the more reason you don't just plow forward at 40 mph into what you can't see.

Forum List

Back