Charles Krauthammer Explains Problem With Ground Zero Mosque Perfectly

I dont fucking care what you label yourself , stop fucking lying about the real history

Facts are not opinion.

We were rationing in WWII to supply the allies and our troops.

That is FACT not opinion you fucking asshole.

Facts are not opinion.

No, it's your opinion and you think so much of your fucking opinion that your pompus ass thinks it's fact, come down off the high horse before you get a nose bleed.

You fucking tampon.

Facts are not opinion.

The War Bonds were sold to supply the troops. The rationing was partly to supply the troops but mostly because we were no longer trading with other countries, we HAD to ration things.

Oh, and FYI, this is why we won't survive WWIII. We are no longer self sufficient.

No you complete asshole it is not an opinion its a fucking fact.

We were rationing to supply the allies and our troops to win the war.

This is cold hard fact and the idea that you would claim its opinion shows how fucking stupid and void of historic knowledge you are.

Rationing during WWII

RATIONING DURING WORLD WAR II Michigan Environmental Education Curriculum
Topic

President Roosevelt asked congress for a declaration of war on Japan after the December 7, 1941 attacks on Pearl Harbor. On December 8, the Senate voted to support the request and the House followed suite shortly after. Three days later, Germany and Italy - fulfilling their treaty obligations with Japan - declared war against the U.S. As the need for war materials increased, consumer goods took a back seat to military production. Rationing began almost immediately. In some states, nonessential use of gasoline was limited to 3 gallons per week.

Rationing WWII

Rationing
When the U.S. entered the war, President Roosevelt realized there would have to be limits on some things, so he created the Office of Price Administration. These restrictions would prevent people from buying as many of one item as they could, leaving other people with nothing. To prevent people from hoarding things, the government developed rationing rules. Each person in a household was given a ration book with specially numbered stamps inside. The ration books and the color of the stamps changed with each new issue.

Some foods were in short supply in the United States during WWII. Many factories that made food products had to convert part of their operations to making defense items for the war. Some food items such as fats, were needed in making the glycerin that was an important ingredient in explosives. Some foods that were imported from other countries across the ocean were not available because the ships that transported them were liable to be attacked by German or Japanese subs.

When families cooked rationed food like bacon or meat, they were supposed to save the grease in a can ad bring it back to the butcher. The extra glycerin in fat was then used to make explosives. To serve as an incentive, turning in salvaged fats earned you extra ration points.

No you complete asshole it is not an opinion its a fucking fact.

We were rationing to supply the allies and our troops to win the war.

This is cold hard fact and the idea that you would claim its opinion shows how fucking stupid and void of historic knowledge you are.

My Mother worked in the ration board, I studied that era, yeah, things were rationed to supply goods to our soldiers but why, because the economy was not healthy enough to do that and supply the goods here too and we did not recover until AFTER the war was over, that's my OPINION, you have yours, Frank has his, now fuck off if your going to come at me with uncivil,childish behavior, we can curse each other in this thread until the end of the year for all I care or we can debate like adults, makes no difference to me.

If the country hadn't gone through years and years of a Depression made far worse by FDR's policies, there might not have been such a need for rationing.

So you are really going to say the war era rationing was not to supply our troops and allies?

jesus you people are lying sacks of shit.

Jeebus, you are dense and lack reading comprehension.

In a Depression, the production of goods and services is low. Unemployment ranged from approx. 15% to nearly 25% throughout the 1930s. All of that idle labor meant that manufacturing capacity wasn't built and the ability to create inventories was suppressed. The productivity had been drubbed out of the economy with massive government interference.

The lack of a highly functioning economy meant that rationing was the only option until capacity in the economy was built up.

Of course, I doubt that you will be able to comprehend any of this.

Dear idiots, we were supplying the armies of our allies as well as our own.

Yes our economy was still recovering from a GD caused by the fiscal policies of some idiot republicans but if it were not for the war the rationing would not have taken place.

To claim the rationing was done because of the FDR fiscal policies is a flat out lie adn you both know it.

I have some old ration coupons, I know the history of them.

It's funny how the liberals credit domestic spending for saving the economy, cons credit the war yet both is government spending money, I think we can credit both or not credit either but to credit one and deny the other is irrational,inconsistent behavior....in my opinion.

Of course U.E. went down after Pearl Harbor with millions of men taken out of the job market but the economy was far from healthy until after the war ended, we had rationing of everything from shoes to gas to food in those days, it took the private sector to get us out of what government got us into in the first place.

here is what you claimed.

The unemployment went down under FDR for years before the war, it went up during the years FDR backed off and tried to balence the budget. He stopped and went back to stimulus and then the war started.

The rationing only took place during the war effort and shortly after for the rebuilding.

Last edited:
If the country hadn't gone through years and years of a Depression made far worse by FDR's policies, there might not have been such a need for rationing.

Here is what you claimed

If it was made worse why did unemployemtn go down under FDR right up until he backed off the stimulus to balence the budget?

The rationing would have had to happen as we were supplying a massive war effort and helping our allies supply.

Last edited:
Of course U.E. went down after Pearl Harbor with millions of men taken out of the job market but the economy was far from healthy until after the war ended, we had rationing of everything from shoes to gas to food in those days, it took the private sector to get us out of what government got us into in the first place.

here is what you claimed.

I know what I typed, the economy was far from healthy until after the war ended....in my opinion

Dear idiots, we were supplying the armies of our allies as well as our own.

Yes our economy was still recovering from a GD caused by the fiscal policies of some idiot republicans but if it were not for the war the rationing would not have taken place.

To claim the rationing was done because of the FDR fiscal policies is a flat out lie adn you both know it.

Our economy was not recovering. The country entered another recession in 1937, you lying liar who lies, and it was only the advent of WWII which caused the economy to recover.

An economy with high unemployment and little if no capital investment does not quickly gear up for a wartime effort without dislocations such as rationing. I didn't say FDR's policies were 100% of the cause, but they did make things far worse, you dimwitted addle brained waste of protoplasm.

Unemployment went down under FDR and the people sure felt they were recovering under him because tehy re elected him a couple more times huh?

mendacious:
Deception, beguilement, deceit, bluff, mystification, and subterfuge are acts to propagate beliefs that are not true, or not the whole truth (as in half-truths or omission). Deception can involve dissimulation, propaganda, sleight of hand. It can employ distraction, camouflage or concealment.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendacious

You said mendacious... :bowdown:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiiE-h9ZYag]YouTube - Mendacity - Cat On A Hot Tin Roof[/ame]

And lest we forget, the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church near Ground Zero which was destroyed on 9/11 has been forced to relocate its rebuilding efforts by the Port Authority.

This may change everything. Why was the church relocated?

Im curious too....i have to go put a muffler on a car then i'll be back to see if you guys found anything. If not I'll google around for something about it.
Try wikipedia. It isn't actually true what was posted:

The plans for rebuilding the World Trade Center complex include building a new St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church quite close to the original location.[1] The church will again house a worshipping congregation. A museum will also be built for the projected large influx of visitors that will come to the site.

Forum List

Back