Charles Krauthammer Explains Problem With Ground Zero Mosque Perfectly

Unemployment went down under FDR and the people sure felt they were recovering under him because tehy re elected him a couple more times huh?

The voting public didn't have access to information the way we do now, and unemployment was increasing after bottoming out in 1937 at over 14%.

FDR himself was worried that the country would fall back into a Depression after the end of the war, and was preparing to jack up taxes and expand government spending. Fortunately, Congress rejected this plan and cut taxes instead, resulting in a peace time boom economy.

for all those in favor of the mosque, can i just ask what your initial reaction was when you heard about it?

Initially, I thought it sucked. Then I read that it was two blocks away. When I found that out, I realized that "Ground Zero Mosque" was just a term applied in order to support the cause of keeping them from building this community center anywhere at all let alone within the borders of NYC.

Immie

This may change everything. Why was the church relocated?

Im curious too....i have to go put a muffler on a car then i'll be back to see if you guys found anything. If not I'll google around for something about it.
Try wikipedia. It isn't actually true what was posted:

The plans for rebuilding the World Trade Center complex include building a new St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church quite close to the original location.[1] The church will again house a worshipping congregation. A museum will also be built for the projected large influx of visitors that will come to the site.
Church surrenders ground zero lot - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

The land was purchased from the GOC in order to build the southern foundation of the WTC memorial site. The mosque is blocks away and the property is not part of Ground Zero.

Maybe NYC should buy the entire island of Manhattan to keep them dirty muslins out!!! :lol:

You silly little knigget. You yourself mentioned providing arms and materials to our allies. That started long before 1941.

From 1939 up to Pearl Harbor, the U.S. expanded manufacturing by 50%, that added jobs, your nattering nabob of nonsense.

Then why is it we had to retool our factories for our war effort?

You have to fight the cold hard facts to pretend FDR harmed the US instead of fired the recovery.

The unemployment went down and the GDP went up under his leadership and you people have to lie to pretend it didnt happen.

You even spew shit on the Americans who fought WWII and worked their way our of a depression to do it.

Do you ever get tired of spitting on the American people?

Why do half these threads end up about FDR during the depression????

thread-derail-1953.jpg

You have to fight the cold hard facts to pretend FDR harmed the US instead of fired the recovery.

The unemployment went down and the GDP went up under his leadership and you people have to lie to pretend it didnt happen.

You even spew shit on the Americans who fought WWII and worked their way our of a depression to do it.

I would never spit on the American people. I'm an Air Force brat, I have the utmost respect for the American people, it's our government I'm ashamed of....

We did sell arms to the allies...right up until they ran out of money, at that point, we entered the war, read a history book for goodness sake, a real one, not the crap the public schools give you.

It wasn't just a matter of retooling factories. We had a dead decade of virtually no real investment in the economy other than government infrastructure projects. Building a road is far different than building a tank.

I would never spit on the American people. I'm an Air Force brat, I have the utmost respect for the American people, it's our government I'm ashamed of....

We did sell arms to the allies...right up until they ran out of money, at that point, we entered the war, read a history book for goodness sake, a real one, not the crap the public schools give you.

You spit on an entire generation of Americans who lived through the GD and the War when you say they voted for a guy who harmed them.

They knew far better than you the times and they believed FDR saved the country.

You come along afterwards and claim they were fools and voted to haerm themselves.

Those Americans lived it and you can NEVER understand it like they did. They KNEW damned well what they were voting for. You only wish to smear them for your political purposes.

It wasn't just a matter of retooling factories. We had a dead decade of virtually no real investment in the economy other than government infrastructure projects. Building a road is far different than building a tank.

Then why did the GDP rise all those years clown?

Don't worry Sheila everyone knows that it is TDM that spits on the American People every chance she gets.

Immie

Charles needs to take a break. The Mosque and Cultural Center being built is tasteless as long as you view Islam as an enemy.

And it will not be within view of the WTC Ground Zero Monument stuff (so far as I know)

Islam is not the enemy and no religion is.

If your ideas are not better then you lose.

Stopping others religions by shame and force doesnt make your ideas better then theres.

So many have no faith in freedom of religion and the power of ideas.

TM is the poster idiot for the heartbreak of Moral Relativistic Self Destruction.

Here's a question for the idiot: Are all Religions really morally equivalent?

Are religions (i.e., that of the Aztecs) that demanded human sacrifice the moral equivalent of Christianity or Judaism?

Is a religion which promotes a system of law that condemns rape victims to death by stoning the equivalent of Christianity or Judaism?

Last edited:
dear idiot , did you miss the better idea part of the comment?

The muslim religion is as much about love as the christian religion is.

I think all religions are flawed and man will eventually dump them all.

Trying to shut them down by force makes them more popular, allow the ideas to be given to the people as a choice and you will get the Best ideas in the end.

How, don't there have to be factories to build the trucks carrying the dirt,cement and asphalt, don't there have to be factories manufacturing the asphalt,cement and re-bar?

Looks like if one is credited ; FDR's domestic programs or the war; then both need to be credited or both need to be dismissed :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back