Charles Krauthammer Explains Problem With Ground Zero Mosque Perfectly

Then why is it we had to retool our factories for our war effort?

You have to fight the cold hard facts to pretend FDR harmed the US instead of fired the recovery.

The unemployment went down and the GDP went up under his leadership and you people have to lie to pretend it didnt happen.

You even spew shit on the Americans who fought WWII and worked their way our of a depression to do it.

Do you ever get tired of spitting on the American people?

I would never spit on the American people. I'm an Air Force brat, I have the utmost respect for the American people, it's our government I'm ashamed of....

We did sell arms to the allies...right up until they ran out of money, at that point, we entered the war, read a history book for goodness sake, a real one, not the crap the public schools give you.

You spit on an entire generation of Americans who lived through the GD and the War when you say they voted for a guy who harmed them.

They knew far better than you the times and they believed FDR saved the country.

You come along afterwards and claim they were fools and voted to haerm themselves.

Those Americans lived it and you can NEVER understand it like they did. They KNEW damned well what they were voting for. You only wish to smear them for your political purposes.

You are talking about my parents and grandparents....

Go "f" yourself.

That is right they both are government stimulus and they both worked to bring us out of the GD.

The people who lived it know this and now you people are trying to rewrite the hisotry for political purposes because you put party over country at every turn.

I would never spit on the American people. I'm an Air Force brat, I have the utmost respect for the American people, it's our government I'm ashamed of....

We did sell arms to the allies...right up until they ran out of money, at that point, we entered the war, read a history book for goodness sake, a real one, not the crap the public schools give you.

You spit on an entire generation of Americans who lived through the GD and the War when you say they voted for a guy who harmed them.

They knew far better than you the times and they believed FDR saved the country.

You come along afterwards and claim they were fools and voted to haerm themselves.

Those Americans lived it and you can NEVER understand it like they did. They KNEW damned well what they were voting for. You only wish to smear them for your political purposes.

You are talking about my parents and grandparents....

Go "f" yourself.

Gee you think?

I am talking about all our parents and grandparents.

Im the one saying they were smart enough to tell what was what and voted correctly to keep FDR in office and it worked.

The other people are saying they were too stupid to know what was up and voted for FDR even though he fucked them.

Grap a clue fool

Krautcunt is a fucking jackass and all he did was pull on hearts and display hypocrisy so deep only fucking dishonest fuckwads could not see it. Bozos.

That is right they both are government stimulus and they both worked to bring us out of the GD.

The people who lived it know this and now you people are trying to rewrite the hisotry for political purposes because you put party over country at every turn.

Now we're getting somewhere, I agree that there is way too much party blaming/crediting going on, we will agree some of the time and we'll disagree some of the time but I strive to look at it from a Constitutional/free market perspective, that may be partisan in and by itself but at least it's not Democrat/Republican is good/bad bs I see or hear all of the time.

You have to fight the cold hard facts to pretend FDR harmed the US instead of fired the recovery.

The unemployment went down and the GDP went up under his leadership and you people have to lie to pretend it didnt happen.

You even spew shit on the Americans who fought WWII and worked their way our of a depression to do it.

It wasn't just a matter of retooling factories. We had a dead decade of virtually no real investment in the economy other than government infrastructure projects. Building a road is far different than building a tank.

Then why did the GDP rise all those years clown?

Do you know what the Money Supply is, you Inbred Mouth Breather? What happens when the money supply contracts by 30% (as did happen from 1929 through 1932)? What happens when the money supply is significantly increased (as did happen from 1935 onward)?

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/depmon.htm

Im curious too....i have to go put a muffler on a car then i'll be back to see if you guys found anything. If not I'll google around for something about it.
Try wikipedia. It isn't actually true what was posted:

The plans for rebuilding the World Trade Center complex include building a new St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church quite close to the original location.[1] The church will again house a worshipping congregation. A museum will also be built for the projected large influx of visitors that will come to the site.
Church surrenders ground zero lot - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

The land was purchased from the GOC in order to build the southern foundation of the WTC memorial site. The mosque is blocks away and the property is not part of Ground Zero.

Maybe NYC should buy the entire island of Manhattan to keep them dirty muslins out!!! :lol:

Im not a big fan of wiki, didn't I show you how i could make an article in wiki say anything I wanted....but its pretty close to what the NYTimes reported on it (I know people the NY Times, like foxnews, reports things with a specific political leaning).

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/nyregion/19church.html

From the article I have a question. Is the mosque also being hampered by the restrictions described below? I dont know if it is or is not which is why I ask.

nytimes said:
In recent negotiations, the authority cut the size of the church slightly and told church officials that its dome could not rise higher than the trade center memorial. The church, in turn, wanted the right to review plans for both the garage with the bomb-screening center and the park, something the authority was unwilling to provide.

The termination of negotiations is a major setback for the little church, a parish of 70 families that is nearly 90 years old. St. Nicholas officials had hoped to build an impressive structure, with a traditional Greek Orthodox dome, and a nondenominational center for visitors to ground zero. That will not be possible on the church’s original 1,200-square-foot lot, although church officials say they hope for reconciliation.

It wasn't just a matter of retooling factories. We had a dead decade of virtually no real investment in the economy other than government infrastructure projects. Building a road is far different than building a tank.

Do you know what the Money Supply is, you Inbred Mouth Breather? What happens when the money supply contracts by 30% (as did happen from 1929 through 1932)? What happens when the money supply is significantly increased (as did happen from 1935 onward)?

:clap2: You bring something to the discussion few do, monetary policy is at the root of a lot of the problems then as they are now.

Im not a big fan of wiki, didn't I show you how i could make an article in wiki say anything I wanted....but its pretty close to what the NYTimes reported on it (I know people the NY Times, like foxnews, reports things with a specific political leaning).

From the article I have a question. Is the mosque also being hampered by the restrictions described below? I dont know if it is or is not which is why I ask.

nytimes said:
In recent negotiations, the authority cut the size of the church slightly and told church officials that its dome could not rise higher than the trade center memorial. The church, in turn, wanted the right to review plans for both the garage with the bomb-screening center and the park, something the authority was unwilling to provide.

The termination of negotiations is a major setback for the little church, a parish of 70 families that is nearly 90 years old. St. Nicholas officials had hoped to build an impressive structure, with a traditional Greek Orthodox dome, and a nondenominational center for visitors to ground zero. That will not be possible on the church’s original 1,200-square-foot lot, although church officials say they hope for reconciliation.

Thanks for finding this G2.

St. Nicholas is being prevented from building a church with a high, traditional dome while the Mosque structure will be 13 stories.

Why the difference in treatment?

:clap2: You bring something to the discussion few do, monetary policy is at the root of a lot of the problems then as they are now.

Many here would benefit from reading "The Creature of Jekyll Island".

nytimes said:

St. Nicholas is being prevented from building a church with a high, traditional dome while the Mosque structure will be 13 stories.

I dont have the specifics yet of the overall height of the proposed WTC memorial or the planned height of St. Nicholas' rebuilding so I'm not positive if there is a difference.

However, if there is one..........well i dont need to say anything now do I ;).

I recall reading a blurb where St. Nicholas' height restriction was quite a bit shorter than the 13 stories allowed the Mosque.

EDIT: The memorial and museum are at street level and below ground, hardly anywhere near as tall as 13 stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_September_11_Memorial_&_Museum

It seems that St. Nicolas is still struggling to get approval to build a Church taller than the Memorial & Museum:

The last bit of hopeful news for St. Nicholas came two years ago, in July 2008, when church officials and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey announced a deal which would have allowed the church to be rebuilt about two blocks from its original location.

The Port Authority agreed to give the church a parcel of land at Liberty and Greenwich Streets, and contribute $20 million toward construction of a new sanctuary. The Port Authority also agreed to build an explosion-proof platform and foundation for the new church building, which would sit on top of a screening area for cars and trucks entering the underground garages at the new World Trade Center.

Trouble emerged after St. Nicholas announced its plans to build a traditional Greek Orthodox church building, 24,000 square feet in size, topped with a grand dome. Port Authority officials told the church to cut back the size of the building and the height of the proposed dome, limiting it to rising no higher than the World Trade Center memorial. The deal fell apart for good in March 2009, when the Port Authority abruptly ended the talks after refusing to allow church officials to review plans for the garage and screening area underneath. Sixteen months later, the two sides have still not met to resume negotiations.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38462

It does not appear that the Mosque is being held to the same restrictions.

Last edited:

Right...it had nothing to do with us being attacked at Pearl Harbor....:cuckoo:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Linky no worky

The usual nonsense, distinguished as thought from the pretentious talking head. Commercial use is OK, but a religious group, which also considers life sacred, is forbidden because Charles says so.

Let them keep it sacred and not create a commercial building and he still wouldn't have a point. What exactly is nearness have to do with the issue. What stupidity this simple issue has caused when narrow minded ideologues pretend they are thinking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnAsE1DBya8]YouTube - i ain't afraid[/ame]

Try wikipedia. It isn't actually true what was posted:

The plans for rebuilding the World Trade Center complex include building a new St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church quite close to the original location.[1] The church will again house a worshipping congregation. A museum will also be built for the projected large influx of visitors that will come to the site.
Church surrenders ground zero lot - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

The land was purchased from the GOC in order to build the southern foundation of the WTC memorial site. The mosque is blocks away and the property is not part of Ground Zero.

Maybe NYC should buy the entire island of Manhattan to keep them dirty muslins out!!! :lol:

nytimes said:

I dunno. From the article it sounds as if the original building was a simple, smallish building and now they want to build the dominant building at the WTC site. As far as my opinion goes, I don't think a church of any sort should be the dominant building at ground zero.

Also, I'm 99.99% sure the mosque, which is two blocks away, will be completely out of view of the WTC memorial as there is another, larger building on the block between the two sites.

IMNSHO the mosque is totally unconnected to ground zero while the GOC is on the same plot of land.

nytimes said:

The GOC would be the dominant feature of the memorial at that location. The mosque will be hidden behind a taller building and two blocks away.

Try to use critical thinking...instead of hyperventilation. Just a thought.

:thup:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Linky no worky

It works for me - must be that you are too economically illiterate to understand the content, and the site has performed a tissue rejection.

Forum List

Back