Chaos: Oakland Erupts in Flames Started by OWS Mob

Oakland Burns! Property Values Increase 25%! Film at 11.

Unless things have changed drastically in the last twenty years any damage these clowns do to Oakland would be an improvement.

the tea partners did not occupy and where not surrounded by riot police if they did all hell would break loose

So what you're saying is that the Tea Party engaged in peaceful protest, observed and obeyed laws, cleaned up after themselves and didn't shit everywhere?

Damn, what a concept......

Bingo! Yes i mean the Left/Democrats used to whine about what they thought the Tea Partiers were going to do someday. Now their people are actually turning violent and they don't have anything to say. This is why i don't trust the Left anymore. It's just like them pretending to be Anti-War. They are not honest people.

Those who engaged in violence, arson and vandalism are thugs, a small minority of anarchists little different than McVeigh, Ruldoph or Roeder - each a murderer. Estimates of the protest numbered 7,000 and the vast majority had gone home when the violence erupted.

To engage in hyperbole and characterize all who participate in the OWS movement in Oakland and across the nation as thugs and anarchists is dishonest.

You must spread more reputation around before giving it to editec again.

Oakland was where the police first started acting violently towards the protesters, and now surprise surprise, there's violence.
So, what are the police supposed to do whenever a mob refuses to follow their lawful orders?

A burst from 0.5 calibur machine gun would be useful.

This thread is loaded with accusations and painting the actions of a small percentage of the OWS protesters as though it fits all of the protesters.
It reminds me of people posting pictures of Tea Party folks carrying racist signs and then labeling all Tea Party folks as racist.
Naturally, in both cases it was the more extreme ideologues doing the very broad labeling.

I think they did expect violence. leftists are violent by nature. We all knew the Shitters would riot.

Extremists are violent by nature. Witness the Militia groups on the Right that were active during the Clinton days and are active now Obama is President. Folks that blew up abortion clinics, planned attacks on police, etc. The problem is that it's harder to recognize an extremist when you're on their end of the spectrum. Then there's also the fact that any protest will attract its share of extremists.
Again you need to adjust your sights. There is a big difference between killing abortion doctors and raising hell to call attention to economic oppression and the undermining of a vital social class.

The former is motivated by religious fanaticism, the latter by valid political concerns.

The end result is the same, innocent people killed by their actions. Thus they are all cut from the same cloth IMO. If a revolutionary group wants to fight the system, then fight the system. Go after the rich people, go after the politicians that have been corrupted by the corporate interests.

But no, those targets are hard and dangerous to attack So the cowards attack unarmed citizens and police just doing their job. Fuck em. If they pull that crap in my neck of the woods they will get slaughtered and they know it. Here at the Nevada Day Parade they were very careful not to annoy people. We were quite happy to help them spread the word because they were respectful of others. Something the assholes in Oakland are not.

This thread is loaded with accusations and painting the actions of a small percentage of the OWS protesters as though it fits all of the protesters.
It reminds me of people posting pictures of Tea Party folks carrying racist signs and then labeling all Tea Party folks as racist.
Naturally, in both cases it was the more extreme ideologues doing the very broad labeling.

In the case of the TEA party sign carriers it was a well known and organised attempt to vilify the TEA partiers by the left. Those signs were carried by leftists, not TEA partiers. If a idiot showed up at a TEA party event with a sign like that they were politely asked to leave. If they didn't leave the TEA party went to great pains to point out to all around that the offender was not a part of the TEA party group.

The OWS demonstrators could just as easily disown the insitigators...they havn't. They are in tacit approval of the actions. They are painting all of them with the same broad brush because they do nothing to counter the observation.

Now it is being reported that OWS was not reporting actual real crimes being commited against them by "volunteers". The claim being that the authorities would use that as an excuse to shut them down. What a joke. No LEO would think that proper. Instead violent rapists were allowed to prey upon other poor women because they couldn't be bothered to report the crimes occuring in their midst. What contemptible people.

Man,the Left/Democrats used get their panties up in a bunch whining about how violent the Tea Partiers were gonna be. But obviously they were wrong. The Tea Partiers never turned violent. Now their own loons are actually turning violent and they just don't have much to say. That's just lame in my opinion. These people don't have a clear message anyway. No one knows what they want. So now they're violent nutters will take over. It's actually very sad.

the tea partners did not occupy and where not surrounded by riot police if they did all hell would break loose
The Tea Party didn't need the police, they have higher standards than the idiot ows turds.

Those signs were carried by leftists, not TEA partiers.

You don't know that.

Actually, yes we do. Below is a newspaper article that detailed the organizer of the effort. The website link is now disabled but if you care to look around you can find out for yourself that it was indeed lefty's who were doing that.

"Sabotaging the Tea Party
In the age of the Internet, every action has a disproportionate and outrageous reaction.

See, for example, the toxic -- and tactically stupid -- response to the rise of the Tea Party that one activist is cooking up. Jason Levin has dedicated himself to destroying the movement, and part of his strategy is publicly declaring that he and his allies are infiltrating the Tea Party:

Whenever possible, we will act on behalf of the Tea Party in ways which exaggerate their least appealing qualities (misspelled protest signs, wild claims in TV interviews, etc.) to further distance them from mainstream America and damage the public’s opinion of them. We will also use the inside information we have gained in order to disrupt or derail their plans.
As if the Tea Party’s fringy elements needed any help. Before this, the dishonest critic could simply point to the scary, straw-man caricature that could be painted of the Tea Party’s most extreme elements on behalf of the rest of the movement. (Common cheap shot: “Look! They’re just racists!”) And more honest critics could cite both anecdote and poll data to question how mainstream the movement really is. (And mainstream it ain’t.)

But Levin and his band are now trying to out-distort the death panel crowd. And the right is trumpeting news of this “crash the Tea Party” effort, because it gives Tea Partyers a way to blame the ugly antics at their rallies on malicious outsiders. Americans might be more willing to believe that the clownish behavior they see at Tea Party rallies is actually the work of Manchurian candidates. Also, representatives of the movement, such as Connecticut organizer Bob MacGuffie, get to say things such as this to the Associated Press: "[Tea Party opponents] can't actually debate our message." Actually, Bob, they’re not even trying to take you on intellectually -- though that is surely doable. Which is exactly why this tactic is so despicable."

PostPartisan - Sabotaging the Tea Party

well show us a link where you called the broad brushers of the Tea Party out, then maybe we'll give a shit what you think.

well show us a link where you called the broad brushers of the Tea Party out, then maybe we'll give a shit what you think.

I wasn't posting on these boards at the time, I was on the MSN-UK boards. And I did post that I was against labeling a large group of people based on the actions of a very few.
Look, I have some good friends who were part of the early Tea Party days, I knew they weren't racist and they told me they hadn't met any TP's that were racist and that was good enough for me.

But no, those targets are hard and dangerous to attack So the cowards attack unarmed citizens and police just doing their job. Fuck em. If they pull that crap in my neck of the woods they will get slaughtered and they know it. Here at the Nevada Day Parade they were very careful not to annoy people. We were quite happy to help them spread the word because they were respectful of others. Something the assholes in Oakland are not.
Here you have revealed an important consideration but are yourself ignoring it: These OWS protests are taking place all over the U.S. and are with very few exceptions peaceful. The only notable exception is Oakland. Have you asked yourself why?

The Oakland PD has been unnecessarily aggressive from the start. Based on what I've seen and heard I believe their behavior is attributed to their commanding officer, who, much in the way of L.A.P.D. Chief Daryl Gates, whose excessively authoritarian style precipitated the L.A. riot after the Rodney King beating, has primed his cops with a strike-breaking orientation.

Look at this picture:

0407-05.jpg

This girl could easily have been blinded or lost an eye because some Oakland cop deliberately aimed for the head instead of leveling at the waist and below as he has or should have been instructed to do with those rubber buckshot rounds. Those things are potentially lethal.

Even before this one of those Oakland cops aimed for the head with a tear-gas projectile and nearly killed a young Marine veteran by fracturing his skull. And you cannot convince anyone who has any experience with firearms that such a head-level shot wasn't deliberate and in contrast with police training. This misuse of non-lethal weaponry is answerable.

You need to ask yourself why this riotous activity is happening in Oakland and nowhere else? Who provoked it? These are important questions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back