Chaos: Oakland Erupts in Flames Started by OWS Mob

Your definition of the left is about violence, so surprise, you see violence.

The left is about hatred, hatred leads to violence.

Me? I'm a moderate.

Most people are.

I'd like to see Ayers in jail.

Good, so would I. How can anyone vote for Barack Obama who pals around with this terrorist?

Sorry, if it comes out that Ron Paul was brought into politics at a gala event in the home of Eric Rudolph, I'm not supporting Paul, ever again. Doesn't work that way for the left, though.

I have nothing for contempt for the folks for the dozen or so folks that decided to act violently. I have nothing but contempt for the KKK Folks showing up at the Tea Party thinking that they've found a forum to shine in.

Show evidence of KKK folks "shining" in a Tea Party? You can't, because your claim is a lie.

I'd like to see any violent group, be it leftist or right, hunted down post haste by the Feds.

Some of the most violent rhetoric I've heard has come from Barack Obama.

I'm sympathetic with the OWS for the same reason I was sympathetic with the Tea Party. It pisses me off that The Right, first under GWB, and the Left, now under Obama, seem more concerned about bailing out banks than the folks who played by the rules, paid their bills, and now find themselves tossed under the bus.

I opposed TARP and I opposed Porkulus. That doesn't mean I support the Marxist aims of the 21%

YOU said no one knows if the violence - burning, destruction of property, etc. - was from the protesters then you even admonished a poster for not reading the piece.

The piece itself said the violence was from the protestors.

It offered no proof of this, however. So no, we don't know. What we DO know is that only a small number of people participated in the vandalism and arson, so to the protest movement as a whole did not.
We know the article said THE DEMONSTRATORS were the violent ones.

Didn't you read the piece?

;)

They were never given a reason to. You didn't see the kind of behavior from the tea party that we've been seeing from OWS.

They never stuck around long enough. Had to get home to their comfy couches.

You left out they had to get back to work so as to pay the way of the OWS types.

Yes, I'm sure that's it. Dedication to their jobs. Not dedication to changing what they are complaining about. Got it.

We know the article said THE DEMONSTRATORS were the violent ones.

No, the article said that the violent ones were demonstrators, not that they were "the demonstrators," i.e. all of them. We also know that the article offered no proof that this was true. And we also know that the article stated that some 7,000 people were involved in a peaceful protest, while "dozens" were involved in vandalism and arson.

Didn't you read the piece?

Better than you did, evidently.

The left wants civil war, that's the truth of it. They think they're fomenting a Marxist revolution and the fruiting of their dream to make America a clone of North Korea, but in fact they are just sparking civil war. The 21% can't win, all they can do is create chaos and bloodshed.

For many of them, I think that's the ultimate goal.

No more than the fringe Militia groups. Most of the OWS are a bunch of scared college kids that are looking out at a fairly bleak future after they were promised that if they worked hard, got good grades, went to a good school, and played by the rules they'd be ok. They're seeing the end of the American dream, and don't have a clue what to do about it.

When they turn violent, you deal with them. Until that point the best thing to do is to recognize they're a symptom and try to get at the cause.

Thta's funny. I don't recall any fringe militia groups doing this sort of thing. I remember when the MSM tried to tie McVeigh to militia groups but that failed epically. No, fringe militia groups stay to themselves out in the trees and so long as you don't go around them (which requires considerable effort) you'd never know they were there.

The OWS mobs are being run by a GROUP out of Canada. They are nothing more then a bunch of twits sitting around having a good time. They have no idea what they want to do or how to go about it if they did. Most people on this board are probably in agreement with some of their stated (when you can get a straight answer out of them) ideals.

However, when a group takes over a public area and destroys it with garbage and human waste, the people begin to dislike the messengers, even if the message is agreeable. When the protestors begin making the lives of the 99% even harder because of their ignorant and stupid behavior, then they have lost the plot and EVERYONE doesn't like them.

Of course their wilful political ignorance doesn't help them either. You folks love to trash the Koch brothers for doing the exact same thing that Soros does. There is a difference however. The Koch brothers make money by actually earning it. Soros fucked over the pensioners in the UK and other countries in Europe to get his billions. He is the EPITOME of the 1% and yet you dipshits spread your cheeks for him. Why is that?

Until you spread your vitriol equally you will lose because you have ZERO credibility.

No, it isn't. It's about creating opportunity.

Nonsense. The right is about a level playing field where all are welcome to trade their efforts of their talents to others who value those talents. The left is about equal outcome and ensuring the no one has more than they do, IOW it's founded on envy and greed.

The only difference between the Left and Right is how best to do that. And here's the big shocker, neither one is 100% correct.

Nope, the right is about free agents openly trading. The left is about dictating the outcome of trades.

Oakland was where the police first started acting violently towards the protesters, and now surprise surprise, there's violence.
So, what are the police supposed to do whenever a mob refuses to follow their lawful orders?

police are to serve and protect the public not order them

This is the most twisted logic I've heard in a long time.......serve and protect who?
The rioters? Yeah.....OK:cuckoo:

So can we add this to the list of things Obama get credit for? Riots... Downgrade, Bail outs, Stimulus, Wars....

Obama, he's so smart right now~

Forum List

Back