Chaos: Oakland Erupts in Flames Started by OWS Mob

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - A day of demonstrations in Oakland that began as a significant step toward expanding the political and economic influence of the Occupy Wall Street movement, ended with police in riot gear arresting dozens of protesters who had marched through downtown to break into a vacant building, shattering windows, spraying graffiti and setting fires along the way.[/FONT]
Peaceful Occupy protests turn into chaos

wonder if the liberal media will condemn the whole movement like they did the tea party?:eusa_shhh:

You must spread more reputation around before giving it to editec again.

Oakland was where the police first started acting violently towards the protesters, and now surprise surprise, there's violence.

The police started acting violently? When the filthy scumbags were throwing rocks and bottles at the police? Are you fucking kidding?

This thread is loaded with accusations and painting the actions of a small percentage of the OWS protesters as though it fits all of the protesters.
It reminds me of people posting pictures of Tea Party folks carrying racist signs and then labeling all Tea Party folks as racist.
Naturally, in both cases it was the more extreme ideologues doing the very broad labeling.

Police arrest 18 in Occupy Tucson movement

Police arrest 120+ protesters from Occupy Boston movement | First Amendment Center

News Headlines

Portland police arrest 30 Wall Street protesters

The differance between law abiding conservatives and rioting liberals

Arrests

Occupy movement Current Total: 3053

Tea Party total: 0 :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Why are these nutcases burning private property?

"These nutcases" aren't. "Those nutcases" are. Thousands of people protested peacefully. A small group, maybe part of the protest, maybe not, set fire to an abandoned house. Didn't you read the article?
I see that you missed the first paragraph of my link. The firebombs they set off tell me the event was planned and were not sudden acts of rage over something the police did or did not do.

Preplanning to firebomb a business district is known due to the complexity it would be to throw stuff together as the police did something to annoy a peaceful protester.

They weren't there for peaceful. They were there to punish anyone in their path with malice aforethought.

But no, those targets are hard and dangerous to attack So the cowards attack unarmed citizens and police just doing their job. Fuck em. If they pull that crap in my neck of the woods they will get slaughtered and they know it. Here at the Nevada Day Parade they were very careful not to annoy people. We were quite happy to help them spread the word because they were respectful of others. Something the assholes in Oakland are not.
Here you have revealed an important consideration but are yourself ignoring it: These OWS protests are taking place all over the U.S. and are with very few exceptions peaceful. The only notable exception is Oakland. Have you asked yourself why?

The Oakland PD has been unnecessarily aggressive from the start. Based on what I've seen and heard I believe their behavior is attributed to their commanding officer, who, much in the way of L.A.P.D. Chief Daryl Gates, whose excessively authoritarian style precipitated the L.A. riot after the Rodney King beating, has primed his cops with a strike-breaking orientation.

Look at this picture:

0407-05.jpg

This girl could easily have been blinded or lost an eye because some Oakland cop deliberately aimed for the head instead of leveling at the waist and below as he has or should have been instructed to do with those rubber buckshot rounds. Those things are potentially lethal.

Even before this one of those Oakland cops aimed for the head with a tear-gas projectile and nearly killed a young Marine veteran by fracturing his skull. And you cannot convince anyone who has any experience with firearms that such a head-level shot wasn't deliberate and in contrast with police training. This misuse of non-lethal weaponry is answerable.

You need to ask yourself why this riotous activity is happening in Oakland and nowhere else? Who provoked it? These are important questions.

Ummm, there has been violence at other cities as well. The MSM has been careful to not report it but it has definately been occuring. I don't recall a SINGLE act of violence at a TEA party gathering save for when a LEFTIST bit the finger off of a TEA partier.

As far as Oakland goes, there is a long history of violent protest there. In fact Berkley PD has one of the pre eminent bomb squads in the US because of it. I have actually fired less lethal weapons. Have you? They are notoriously difficult to target accurately and we don't know if she was hit directly or if the projectile hit the ground and bounced up and hit her.

Training protocol stipulates that less lethal projectiles (for the most part, there are exceptions to the rule) are to be ricocheted from the ground into the intended target. Please note also they are termed LESS LETHAL. If they hit directly they have great potential to kill. The fact that she's still walking tells me she was hit on the bounce as per protocol.

Even when presented with an opportunity to settle things down you get this BS from them....

Raymon Curtis, who was protesting in Portland, Ore., said he doesn't believe the police in his city are seeking violence.

"I looked in their eyes and at first I thought it was a hard look," Curtis said. "Then, I realized it was the same look I had when I went to prison for the first time. They're terrified."

Some protesters said violence can bring attention to the cause.

Here's a hint, I suggest you take it to heart.... so long as they target the rich bankers directly, and the rich folks on Wall Street, they won't have a problem. If they start to target the regular folks like they did in Oakland, retribution will be swift, violent and really not fun for the fringe OWS idiots.

The people won't put up with that level of bullshit.

Occupy Protesters Disavow Oakland Violence

merged with existing thread

:cow::cow::cow:

Wasn't it around 5 or so weeks ago commentators on MSNBC were in an uproar over Cantor referring the OWS Crappers as "A MOB" ?. How Dare They Call Them An ANGRY MOB !!!!

Ed Schultz used the accusation to make every FOX host look like a dufass head dodobird, and now we get to say " Who's The Dufass Now Fat Ed And Chrissy " ??? :stupid::slap:

Now Now, didn't we all behave this way when Rodney King went to jail for driving 100 MPH thru a private neighborhood? Haven't we grown up since then? Guess not,,oh, yes, this is Callyfornia, A state where residents will destroy their own communities when things don't go their way.

Last edited:
When the police show up, they are wrong.

When they are told to move the protestors or to break them up, they are wrong.

When the protestors won't move and the cops use physical force to move them, they are really wrong.

When the protestors are throwing rocks and bottles and the cops use mace and tear gas, well of course the cops are wrong.

Stores burn and are looted, cars are turned over and burned, and by standers are hit with rocks and bottles, but by God, it is naturally the COPS fault because they showed up to this "peaceful" protest.

Oakland is the city where four cops were murdered by a dip stick for no reason at all and the dip sticks family was "upset" that when the cops tried to take him into custody and he began randomly firing, they had to take him down.

Oakland is the butthole of America... I say let it burn. You get what you deserve...

As a former cop, I want to say thanks for this post. Cops are often the most unappreciated "men in uniform" in our country. And yeah, a 2% of idiot cops make the rest look bad. I truly feel bad for the cops caught up in this OWS mess. Their ONLY order is to keep the peace and enforce the common sense laws.

I see your Air Force tag, I assume you're a vet. Our job as cops was hard, but nothing compared to yours, and I salute your service!

But no, those targets are hard and dangerous to attack So the cowards attack unarmed citizens and police just doing their job. Fuck em. If they pull that crap in my neck of the woods they will get slaughtered and they know it. Here at the Nevada Day Parade they were very careful not to annoy people. We were quite happy to help them spread the word because they were respectful of others. Something the assholes in Oakland are not.
Here you have revealed an important consideration but are yourself ignoring it: These OWS protests are taking place all over the U.S. and are with very few exceptions peaceful. The only notable exception is Oakland. Have you asked yourself why?

The Oakland PD has been unnecessarily aggressive from the start. Based on what I've seen and heard I believe their behavior is attributed to their commanding officer, who, much in the way of L.A.P.D. Chief Daryl Gates, whose excessively authoritarian style precipitated the L.A. riot after the Rodney King beating, has primed his cops with a strike-breaking orientation.

Look at this picture:

0407-05.jpg

This girl could easily have been blinded or lost an eye because some Oakland cop deliberately aimed for the head instead of leveling at the waist and below as he has or should have been instructed to do with those rubber buckshot rounds. Those things are potentially lethal.

Even before this one of those Oakland cops aimed for the head with a tear-gas projectile and nearly killed a young Marine veteran by fracturing his skull. And you cannot convince anyone who has any experience with firearms that such a head-level shot wasn't deliberate and in contrast with police training. This misuse of non-lethal weaponry is answerable.

You need to ask yourself why this riotous activity is happening in Oakland and nowhere else? Who provoked it? These are important questions.
You're the one who needs a little introspection on this issue, sir. Every 57 hours, a cop is killed by a perpetrator of violence. When "protesters" begin using explosives and bombs, the peaceful is over, and every cop there is at risk of being harmed by someone looking for trouble.

The pretty little gal in the picture? I bet she didn't look that pathetic when she was yelling, screaming and torching or pointing a gun, or was with someone who was and she was egging the situation into a violent one.

When protesters see someone burning things up, it's time to walk away. If the protest organizers didn't issue warnings to protesters, it's not the police's responsibility to try to figure out who's naughty and who's nice in the mob threatening them. If they don't respond, their fellow officers could go down fast. They are required by their duty to insure that the enviornment around the area of protests are safe--particularly the local public and their fellow officers.

Violence is not nice, and the police didn't start the violence. One of the protesters did, and the young woman obviously did not walk away.

Ah......I said this was coming months ago. Only a matter of time. It's gonna get worse, and more widespread.

Glad in in far right wing red state South Carolina, where we had about 20 people show up to Occupy Charleston, and they stuck around for all of about 2 hours in an emtpy abandoned park.

Look at this picture:

0407-05.jpg

You're the one who needs a little introspection on this issue, sir. Every 57 hours, a cop is killed by a perpetrator of violence. When "protesters" begin using explosives and bombs, the peaceful is over, and every cop there is at risk of being harmed by someone looking for trouble.

The pretty little gal in the picture? I bet she didn't look that pathetic when she was yelling, screaming and torching or pointing a gun, or was with someone who was and she was egging the situation into a violent one.

When protesters see someone burning things up, it's time to walk away. If the protest organizers didn't issue warnings to protesters, it's not the police's responsibility to try to figure out who's naughty and who's nice in the mob threatening them. If they don't respond, their fellow officers could go down fast. They are required by their duty to insure that the enviornment around the area of protests are safe--particularly the local public and their fellow officers.

Violence is not nice, and the police didn't start the violence. One of the protesters did, and the young woman obviously did not walk away.
Indeed. Their purpose becomes restoring the peace, regardless. Jail those that won't comply.

THANK YOU for this post. So many people are unfamiliar with police procedure.

Yes, they are taught to aim for the lower torsoe or upper thighs. But targets move. When rubber bullets are fired, what do most people do? DUCK!!! Hence, the occassionaly head shot.

And rubber bullets are considered "less lethal", meaning still possibly lethal but less likely. It's only for certain levels of resistance. Sitting still on the ground not moving is not one of those. Throwing a bottle at a cop is. Starting a fire in a city is as it can spread and kill. Throwing bodily fluids at a cop is.

Message is....assault a cop, and there is probably a good chance it wont end well. If one is placed under arrest, and forcefully resist, that also likely ends bad for them.

THANK YOU for this post. So many people are unfamiliar with police procedure.

Yes, they are taught to aim for the lower torsoe or upper thighs. But targets move. When rubber bullets are fired, what do most people do? DUCK!!! Hence, the occassionaly head shot.

And rubber bullets are considered "less lethal", meaning still possibly lethal but less likely. It's only for certain levels of resistance. Sitting still on the ground not moving is not one of those. Throwing a bottle at a cop is. Starting a fire in a city is as it can spread and kill. Throwing bodily fluids at a cop is.

Message is....assault a cop, and there is probably a good chance it wont end well. If one is placed under arrest, and forcefully resist, that also likely ends bad for them.
My pleasure. My kid's a cop, and I make it my business to know what her odds are of getting hurt in a tense situation. She also is responsible for other officers if they are working together against pugnacious individuals, and she does what she has to do. It's hellish when people go out to cause trouble on a purpose.

Forum List

Back