Cell phone drama :(

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
I lost my phone.

:blowup:

We went to the Verizon store to get a new phone for me, and we came home with a new phone for the husband. Don't ask me how that happened. Now ive got to wait a month before I can get a new phone and i'll be using the husbands old one in the meantime.

I'm thinking of switching carriers, Verizon plans are expensive. $130 a month for 2 cell phones! I'm a cheapskate, I admit it. :redface:So, who's your carrier, are you happy with them? How much do you spend?

Sprint - and I think they're great.

I've had my contract with Sprint for nearly 10 years now - I have unlimited data, 400 minutes, and an iPhone. I get a new phone upgrade every 2 years.

I pay $85 a month - but I could add another phone to my plan for $20 more a month.

I lost my phone.

We went to the Verizon store to get a new phone for me, and we came home with a new phone for the husband. Don't ask me how that happened. Now ive got to wait a month before I can get a new phone and i'll be using the husbands old one in the meantime.

I'm thinking of switching carriers, Verizon plans are expensive. $130 a month for 2 cell phones! I'm a cheapskate, I admit it. :redface:So, who's your carrier, are you happy with them? How much do you spend?

:lmao:

Keep the husband's old one and save the money? :D I've got Bell @ ~$65/mo. and unlimited local text/talk.

If you use your cell phone a lot you will regret moving to another carrier. Verizon's coverage is second to none and you will see that if you change. Not that the others are bad though their coverage just isn't as good. If you don't use it a lot T-Mobile is cheap.

I rely on my phone for work so coverage and LTE speeds are really worth the extra coin.

I lost my phone.

:lmao:

Keep the husband's old one and save the money? :D I've got Bell @ ~$65/mo. and unlimited local text/talk.

Ha! I know right!?

Luckily the phone he got was free with a contract extension. My contract isn't up for another month, I thought I may branch off on my own:p

If you use your cell phone a lot you will regret moving to another carrier. Verizon's coverage is second to none and you will see that if you change. Not that the others are bad though their coverage just isn't as good. If you don't use it a lot T-Mobile is cheap.

I rely on my phone for work so coverage and LTE speeds are really worth the extra coin.

I text often, but I really never use the Internet. I used to have t-mobile, but the coverage was awful, I'd leave a room and lose reception. Though, that was back in Ohio so maybe coverage here is better.

My issue with Sprint is, I've heard from friends in the area that their reception is terrible. However, that pricing seems really reasonable. Do you have a data plan?

I've never had any major problems with reception - I often find myself getting reception while my friends on AT&T and Verizon don't.

The single best thing about Sprint is their data plans - I use a lot of data, and Sprint is the only major carrier at this point with a completely unlimited data plan.

I use Virgin Mobile. Ya have to buy your phone outright but the plans are inexpensive and in the long run it's cheaper. I pay $25 a month for 400 minutes, unlimited text and internet. I think the plan now costs $35 but I'm grandfathered in unless I change plans.
The primary carriers charge you for the "free" phone, the cost is built into the monthly plan and you keep paying for it after the plan is up unless you upgrade.

Forum List

Back