Celebrity Obama--misses 100th Aniversary Boy Scouts to go onto the "View"!

maybe he doesn't want to associate himself with a group that discriminates against 10% of the population.

just sayin'

and it would be nice if the rightwingnuts noted that st reagan didn't go for the eight years he was in office...

just like other presidents send surrogates for other ceremonial purposes.

but the obama derangement syndrome is strong on this board. :cuckoo:

you people are seriously screwed up.

every day i think y'all can't get more stupid...

and then i get online and find a thread like this.

Jillian, I already disproved the theory that Reagan skipped the TWO jamborees that were held while he was in office (Remember they are held only once every four years.) If you can't acknowledge those facts you are as screwed up as the ones you claim are screwed up.

Also, as you well know the BSA have EVERY right to exclude gays.

They also exclude atheists...and the children of gays and atheists.

And Obama has EVERY right to not go. (yes, I know you agree...just pointing it out)

Well, you are patently wrong about a few things. They don't exclude the children of gays, or atheists, or any other children. Not without cause. Now obviously if that child's parent is down causing problems or what have you then they might exclude that child if the problem becomes bad enough, although it is much more likely that they will simply ask the parent to stay away, which of course a trouble maker wouldn't and so action would have to be taken against the child. I can tell you for absolute fact that not all parents of Boy Scouts are Christians, nor all the kids. I would suspect that despite the ruling, their are some gay children and leaders in the Scouts, the same as there is in the military, the thing is they serve QUIETLY , at least as far as their gayness is concerned, and lo and behold no one has a problem with them being there. Well, ok I shouldn't say no one b/c there are a few nutbags out there who believe gays are more likely to be pedophiles and such but the average person even the average Christian who believes gay is a sin doesn't believe a gay is anymore likely to molest kids than a straight person.

So although it's unrelated to this thread, I would like to know why so many gays feel the need to throw their gay in the faces of anyone and everyone. As I've said I personally am friends with a gay man. He is quiet, VERY quiet about it though. I mean now that we all know we tease him and shit about girls and he'll gross us out on occasion by telling us some guy on guy stories, but its all in good fun when we're in the proper setting for that type of behavior, he would no more do it inappropriately than I would discuss my wife inappropriately etc etc. But it DOES seem that more gays are inappropriate about their sexual lives than straights. Why?

Now back to Obama. IMO he should have attended the Jamboree. It was their 100th birthday, and like them or not they have done a lot of good in this country; and that was his only chance to attend a jamboree as President. But the fact that he didn't isn't near as big of deal as some want to make it out to be.

So that's why the left wants to destroy the boy scouts eh? It's a vast right winged conspiracy. Has Janet Napolitano included them in her DHS extremism report?

Jillian, I already disproved the theory that Reagan skipped the TWO jamborees that were held while he was in office (Remember they are held only once every four years.) If you can't acknowledge those facts you are as screwed up as the ones you claim are screwed up.

and some of us think that's disgusting.

so why honor them?

When did having religious convictions become disgusting in this nation?

How fucking pathetic that you support allowing a Mosque to be built near Ground Zero but have a problem with the Boy Scouts exercising their religious rights.

I think I misjudged you Jillian, you seem to be as crazy as the other leftie weirdos.

And Obama has EVERY right to not go. (yes, I know you agree...just pointing it out)

Well, you are patently wrong about a few things. They don't exclude the children of gays, or atheists, or any other children. Not without cause. Now obviously if that child's parent is down causing problems or what have you then they might exclude that child if the problem becomes bad enough, although it is much more likely that they will simply ask the parent to stay away, which of course a trouble maker wouldn't and so action would have to be taken against the child. I can tell you for absolute fact that not all parents of Boy Scouts are Christians, nor all the kids. I would suspect that despite the ruling, their are some gay children and leaders in the Scouts, the same as there is in the military, the thing is they serve QUIETLY , at least as far as their gayness is concerned, and lo and behold no one has a problem with them being there. Well, ok I shouldn't say no one b/c there are a few nutbags out there who believe gays are more likely to be pedophiles and such but the average person even the average Christian who believes gay is a sin doesn't believe a gay is anymore likely to molest kids than a straight person.

So although it's unrelated to this thread, I would like to know why so many gays feel the need to throw their gay in the faces of anyone and everyone. As I've said I personally am friends with a gay man. He is quiet, VERY quiet about it though. I mean now that we all know we tease him and shit about girls and he'll gross us out on occasion by telling us some guy on guy stories, but its all in good fun when we're in the proper setting for that type of behavior, he would no more do it inappropriately than I would discuss my wife inappropriately etc etc. But it DOES seem that more gays are inappropriate about their sexual lives than straights. Why?

Now back to Obama. IMO he should have attended the Jamboree. It was their 100th birthday, and like them or not they have done a lot of good in this country; and that was his only chance to attend a jamboree as President. But the fact that he didn't isn't near as big of deal as some want to make it out to be.

Uh...yes they do.

Why is the right ignoring all the other presidents who didnt attend this event?

Uh...yes they do.

No they don't. I set on our local council for many years and for the most part we didn't even know the parents of the children we were mentoring. Truth be told many treat the BSA as a basy sitting service, pull up to the curb, drop the kid off and drive away , returning to pick the kid up but never meeting anyone, so how would the BSA even know if parents were gay or atheists, unless they or their kids were making a spectacle of themselves?

But I'm glad to see that out of that entire post the only thing you gleaned from it was that one statement.:cuckoo:

And of course that you refused to give me any opinion as to why so many gays feel the need to let the whole world know they are gay.

I won't ignore, in fact I'll give you the real scoop on who did and who didn't attend.

Here's the list

President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1934
President Harry Truman in 1950
future President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1950
Kennedy died in office before the event
President Lyndon Johnson in 1964
Nixon -- No
Ford -- No, but there was no Jamboree during his presidency (one in 1973 and another in 1977)
Carter -- No
Nancy Reagan spoke in place of Ronald Reagan in 1985
President George HW Bush in 1989
President Bill Clinton in 1998
President George W Bush in 2001 via video and 2005 in-person.
Obama -- no

So, 8 of 12 Presidents did in fact attend. Which does put Obama in the minority.

How fucking pathetic that you support allowing a Mosque to be built near Ground Zero but have a problem with the Boy Scouts exercising their religious rights.

I think I misjudged you Jillian, you seem to be as crazy as the other leftie weirdos.

I support not discriminating against children for what they're born. I don't believe in condoning discrimination.... even if it's claimed to have a religious basis... same as I wouldn't condone muslim discrimination against jews. how about you?

I'm far from crazy...and you seem like a good guy, but i'm not here to meet your expectations.

I support not discriminating against children for what they're born. I don't believe in condoning discrimination.... even if it's claimed to have a religious basis... same as I wouldn't condone muslim discrimination against jews. how about you?

I'm far from crazy...and you seem like a good guy, but i'm not here to meet your expectations.

That's two separate issues.

If you're asking if I believe people should have the right to discriminate. The answer is yes. We are a free nation. No one should be telling us who we have to accept and who we don't have to accept. Of course I draw the line at harassing, stalking, attacking, etc etc , etc. But I DO believe the Civil Rights Bill is unconstitutional in regards to telling a private business who they may or may not serve, or who they have to hire, etc etc. I believe that many of our so called affirmative action laws are unconstitutional.

BUT , if you are asking would I personally discriminate, the answer is no. I judge a person by their actions and nothing else. That doesn't mean I can't and won't defend another person's right to do so.

Now back to children, this is just a falsehood Jillian, the BSA do NOT discriminate against kids. The entire lawsuit was over gay adults who wished to be leaders. How many gay 8 year old kids do you know anyway? None of course.

Go get a list of the presidents who also did not attend this event.

maybe he doesn't want to associate himself with a group that discriminates against 10% of the population.

just sayin'

and it would be nice if the rightwingnuts noted that st reagan didn't go for the eight years he was in office...

just like other presidents send surrogates for other ceremonial purposes.

but the obama derangement syndrome is strong on this board. :cuckoo:

you people are seriously screwed up.

every day i think y'all can't get more stupid...

and then i get online and find a thread like this.

How many 100TH ANNIVERSARIES have the Boy Scouts had in the last 30 years/....you fools....
Somebody is getting "more stupid" every day and it sure looks like its you Obama apologists.....Jillian and the other moron, Truthmatters....:cuckoo:

He has more in Common with Cackling Chicks than he does the Boy Scouts...

The Boy Scouts are an Honorable Organization that Teaches Independence and Personal Responsibility...

The View is an Echo Chamber that's LESS Feminine that Barry and it makes Politically Incorrect with Bill Mahr look Objective.

:)

peace...

The Boy Scouts are an Honorable Organization that Teaches Independence and Personal Responsibility...

The View is an Echo Chamber that's LESS Feminine that Barry and it makes Politically Incorrect with Bill Mahr look Objective.

peace...

Was that really necessary? Lots to criticize Obama for without resorting to calling him a woman.

Uh...yes they do.

No they don't. I set on our local council for many years and for the most part we didn't even know the parents of the children we were mentoring. Truth be told many treat the BSA as a basy sitting service, pull up to the curb, drop the kid off and drive away , returning to pick the kid up but never meeting anyone, so how would the BSA even know if parents were gay or atheists, unless they or their kids were making a spectacle of themselves?

But I'm glad to see that out of that entire post the only thing you gleaned from it was that one statement.:cuckoo:

And of course that you refused to give me any opinion as to why so many gays feel the need to let the whole world know they are gay.

Yes they do. ( how many young boys are gay or are atheist in their own right? the BSA goes on the atheism/homosexuality of the parents)

Uh...yes they do.

Yes they do. ( how many young boys are gay or are atheist in their own right? the BSA goes on the atheism/homosexuality of the parents)

Okay, slow down and take a breath, I know this is is a situation which affects you closely, but you're wrong here.

First of all, any thinking parent checks up on an organization that they are thinking of leaving their child with? Agreed?

The BSA is pretty straightforward in its beliefs , agreed?

So , if one do NOT want their child being taught that homosexuality is not okay and that God is real WHY in the fuck would you possibly enroll your child in the BSA? Only one reason, and you know this, that's why you refuse to answer, to cause problems PERIOD.

I'm sorry, but one do NOT have a right to force their way into a private organization just so they can push their agenda on them.

Here's a fucking idea. shut the fuck up with your agenda, let your child experience what the other side has to say and decide for themselves. OMG wouldn't it be HORRIBLE to have a Christian child? Just to be clear, this paragraph wasn't meant to you personally.

peace...

Was that really necessary? Lots to criticize Obama for without resorting to calling him a woman.

I didn't call him a Woman, Champ... ;)

peace...

Please give us a list of presidents who HAVE attended this event?

You want a list of how many sitting Presidents have attended the Boy Scouts' Jamboree marking the group's 100th anniversary?

Really? Okay. Zero, because Obama felt appearing on The View was more significant.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back