Celebrity Obama--misses 100th Aniversary Boy Scouts to go onto the "View"!

No they don't. I set on our local council for many years and for the most part we didn't even know the parents of the children we were mentoring. Truth be told many treat the BSA as a basy sitting service, pull up to the curb, drop the kid off and drive away , returning to pick the kid up but never meeting anyone, so how would the BSA even know if parents were gay or atheists, unless they or their kids were making a spectacle of themselves?

But I'm glad to see that out of that entire post the only thing you gleaned from it was that one statement.:cuckoo:

And of course that you refused to give me any opinion as to why so many gays feel the need to let the whole world know they are gay.

Yes they do. ( how many young boys are gay or are atheist in their own right? the BSA goes on the atheism/homosexuality of the parents)

Okay, slow down and take a breath, I know this is is a situation which affects you closely, but you're wrong here.

First of all, any thinking parent checks up on an organization that they are thinking of leaving their child with? Agreed?

The BSA is pretty straightforward in its beliefs , agreed?

So , if one do NOT want their child being taught that homosexuality is not okay and that God is real WHY in the fuck would you possibly enroll your child in the BSA? Only one reason, and you know this, that's why you refuse to answer, to cause problems PERIOD.

Maybe their kid's friends are in? Maybe the camping? Maybe something fun to do after school...going away to the outdoors and canoeing, etc? Why does anyone let their kid do Scouting?

I'm sorry, but one do NOT have a right to force their way into a private organization just so they can push their agenda on them.

"Force their way in?" Is this going to be the latest talking point? Gay and atheist parents arent' trying to get their kids in Scouting because it's fun....it's because they have an EVIL AGENDA????? Do you even read what you write sometimes?

Here's a fucking idea. shut the fuck up with your agenda,

I will shut up when you shut up. (or are you a believer that only your side has a legitimate agenda and all others need to be quiet and subservient?)

let your child experience what the other side has to say and decide for themselves.

Actually, my child was in the Girl Scouts and enjoyed herself a lot til they scheduled meetings when she had other stuff she valued more. We helped when we can and no one (like they do in the Boy Scouts) tried to make any kind of issue over our sexual orientation or our religion (and yes, these parents were also our friends and knew)

OMG wouldn't it be HORRIBLE to have a Christian child? Just to be clear, this paragraph wasn't meant to you personally.

Ah...the Christian Children are being persecuted (even tho it's atheists being kicked out) Gambit. Martyr time!

Yes they do. ( how many young boys are gay or are atheist in their own right? the BSA goes on the atheism/homosexuality of the parents)

Okay, slow down and take a breath, I know this is is a situation which affects you closely, but you're wrong here.

First of all, any thinking parent checks up on an organization that they are thinking of leaving their child with? Agreed?

So , if one do NOT want their child being taught that homosexuality is not okay and that God is real WHY in the fuck would you possibly enroll your child in the BSA? Only one reason, and you know this, that's why you refuse to answer, to cause problems PERIOD.

Maybe their kid's friends are in? Maybe the camping? Maybe something fun to do after school...going away to the outdoors and canoeing, etc? Why does anyone let their kid do Scouting?

"Force their way in?" Is this going to be the latest talking point? Gay and atheist parents arent' trying to get their kids in Scouting because it's fun....it's because they have an EVIL AGENDA????? Do you even read what you write sometimes?

I will shut up when you shut up. (or are you a believer that only your side has a legitimate agenda and all others need to be quiet and subservient?)

let your child experience what the other side has to say and decide for themselves.

Actually, my child was in the Girl Scouts and enjoyed herself a lot til they scheduled meetings when she had other stuff she valued more. We helped when we can and no one (like they do in the Boy Scouts) tried to make any kind of issue over our sexual orientation or our religion (and yes, these parents were also our friends and knew)

OMG wouldn't it be HORRIBLE to have a Christian child? Just to be clear, this paragraph wasn't meant to you personally.

Ah...the Christian Children are being persecuted (even tho it's atheists being kicked out) Gambit. Martyr time!
So, ya' got concrete proof that atheist's kids, or the children of deviant homo's are being kicked out?

Well, then you explain to the child that in life if you want to be a part of something you follow that something's rules. A life lesson

IF that were the reason, then clearly they would shut up about being gay and or atheists and just let the kids have fun. Kids truly don't care about gay or atheist, only parents do.
I thought I had made it clear that I wasn't speaking about you personally. I was not saying shut up on this board, good grief.

Then I'm guessing you didn't make a big deal out of it , and so neither did they. Which has been my point all along. The BSA are the same way, if you just shut up about it and don't make a big deal it won't be a big deal. It isn't as if the BSA have a secret intelligence unit which sniffs out your gayness, nor are they going to kick your son out if someone finds out your gay. You are just flat wrong on that one. You show me a gay who has been asked to leave the BSA and I will show you a gay who made an ass out of himself in one way or another.
[/QUOTE],

Ah...the Christian Children are being persecuted (even tho it's atheists being kicked out) Gambit. Martyr time![/QUOTE]

Persecuted? No, but I do believe some people are absolutely frightened of the prospect of their children growing up to be moral Christians.

So, ya' got concrete proof that atheist's kids, or the children of deviant homo's are being kicked out?

None whatsoever. Unless she somehow got her hands on the secret files, in which case the BSA is screwed.

Hey Boe, why are you so scared to answer my simple question?

I'll ask again, 4th time in this thread alone.

Why do so many gays feel the need to make sure that everyone knows they're gay?

It's more than Knowing... It's Embracing and Applauding their Defiance of Nature's Design and the Equipment to Foward the Species that they want... FROM EVERYONE...

And they Apparently won't Stop until it's Law.

:)

peace...

I don't think it's "so many", but it doesn't take a lot in any group to be heard if they are vocal enough and able to garner attention from certain people.

I don't think it's "so many", but it doesn't take a lot in any group to be heard if they are vocal enough and able to garner attention from certain people.

You're probably right, it's probably not as many as it seems. But notice that she's been asked FOUR times in just this one thread now, and she won't give her opinion.

The Boy Scouts isn't what it used to be. When I was a kid, I loved being in the Boy Scouts. Since it's been mostly taken over by right wing religious wingnuts, it just isn't the same organization.

The Boy Scouts isn't what it used to be. When I was a kid, I loved being in the Boy Scouts. Since it's been mostly taken over by right wing religious wingnuts, it just isn't the same organization.
Yep...it's more about bashing gays and atheists now. I wonder if they give out badges for those two things?

:lol:

That is a good question...Why do you think people (who happen to be gay) feel the need to not lie about who they are? That is REALLY what you are asking.

Do you make sure people know you are straight? If you do...why do you feel that you need to do that? If you can answer that question as a straight person, you have answered the same question for a gay person.

While googling this stuff, I've found that several local BSA groups are trying to be more inclusive and they are threatened by the National Organization....so apparently, their local desires to not discriminate are irrelevant.

As an Eagle Scout, I have no need of this President "honoring" my group. He, on the other hand, could benefit from learning our law:

A Scout is:

•Trustworthy,
•Loyal,
•Helpful,
•Friendly,
•Courteous,
•Kind,
•Obedient,
•Cheerful,
•Thrifty,
•Brave,
•Clean,
•and Reverent.

As an Eagle Scout, I have no need of this President "honoring" my group. He, on the other hand, could benefit from learning our law:

A Scout is:

•Trustworthy,
•Loyal,
•Helpful,
•Friendly,
•Courteous,
•Kind,
•Obedient,
•Cheerful,
•Thrifty,
•Brave,
•Clean,
•and Reverent.

And...you are saying that the President is none of those things?

A Scout is:

•Trustworthy,
•Loyal,
•Helpful,
•Friendly,
•Courteous,
•Kind,
•Obedient,
•Cheerful,
•Thrifty,
•Brave,
•Clean,
•and Reverent.

And...you are saying that the President is none of those things?

Biden will vouch for at least one of those.:lol:

While googling this stuff, I've found that several local BSA groups are trying to be more inclusive and they are threatened by the National Organization....so apparently, their local desires to not discriminate are irrelevant.

Stop inserting the Homosexual Agenda around Children...

:)

peace...

Seems just another ploy to trash President Obama.

While I tend to agree with this sentiment, let's take a step back and consider a few things...

Now, I'm no huge fan of The BSA, specifically because of their exclusionary policies, but they have done and continue to do some pretty good things through their work. They frequently respond to calls for aid in times of natural disaster, either through raising money or actual boots on the ground. Their program is noted for it's contributions to environmental science as well as raising awareness of environmental issues. They have consistantly turned out some of the top leaders in the country, both in politics and business. This just scratches the surface...

Are they perfect? Hell no. No one is, but they have been a fixture in this country for one hundred years, a well respected fixture to many, contoversial to some, but significant regardless of how you view them, and generally a force for good.

Certainly worthy of Presidential recognition. Especially if the choice boils down to them, or The View...

That is a good question...Why do you think people (who happen to be gay) feel the need to not lie about who they are? That is REALLY what you are asking.

Do you make sure people know you are straight? If you do...why do you feel that you need to do that? If you can answer that question as a straight person, you have answered the same question for a gay person.

Do I make sure people know I'm straight? Not really. I am who I am. I mean I assume people realize I'm straight when they see me with my beautiful wife, but if they don't , they don't. I have never, nor will I ever, attended a straight day parade. I have never, and again will never, sue a gay organization for not allowing my straight person in. I've never marched for the right to cornhole my wife, and again I won't. In short, I don't participate in activism to show I'm straight. My sex life is my own, and I prefer it to stay that way. Just as I would prefer that gays kept their sex lives to themselves. What possible fucking reason is there to tell a scout leader you're gay? Oh that's right to cause a ruckus so you can challenge THEIR agenda.

And that is my point, if gays truly want to be left alone about their gayness they would shut up. but that's not what some want at all. They thrive on the attention, and comparing it to the blacks struggles in an insult, you can keep quiet about being gay, kinda hard to keep quiet about being black.

But once again, you show your contempt for honest debate by refusing to admit that yes such people do exist....

Forum List

Back