Celebrating Robert E. Lee's Birthday Today Brings Out Southern Pride And Patriotism

Actually she's incorrect the flag in the picture is the confederate navy jack

I thought the navy jack had a light blue border?

It did. It always amuses me that these yokels don't even know the REAL confederate flag(s). So much for it being about "heritage". If it were, they'd know.

Explain why the
200px-Battle_flag_of_the_US_Confederacy.svg.png
is so offensive to blacks if it doesn't represent the Confederacy and southern pride?

But the fact is, this flag is NOT the "Confederate Flag." It is the "Battle Flag of Northern Virginia." This design, however, is the one most synonymous with the term, and the one used in various forms on many of the other flags that were flown by the Confederate States. It is also the one most hated by those who are completely and totally ignorant of what it stands for.

This is the TRUE Confederate flag"

TrueConfederateFlag.jpg

State Sovereignty is immoral now?

:lmao:

Fucking history flunkies. Jeebus.

If the Civil War was fought, as you claim, over state's rights, why did the constitution of the CSA not support state's rights?

In fact, that constitution allowed no state the right to emancipate slaves. In fact, no state could even be admitted into the CSA unless it agreed to maintain slavery always.

And the idea of a state's right to secede was specifically and emphatically denied by that constitution.

It did. It always amuses me that these yokels don't even know the REAL confederate flag(s). So much for it being about "heritage". If it were, they'd know.

Explain why the
is so offensive to blacks if it doesn't represent the Confederacy and southern pride?

But the fact is, this flag is NOT the "Confederate Flag." It is the "Battle Flag of Northern Virginia." This design, however, is the one most synonymous with the term, and the one used in various forms on many of the other flags that were flown by the Confederate States. It is also the one most hated by those who are completely and totally ignorant of what it stands for.

TrueConfederateFlag.jpg

It is offensive because the klan flew it while they were burning down their houses

Explain why the

TrueConfederateFlag.jpg

The only thing that flag is worthy of is toilet paper.

If the Civil War was fought, as you claim, over state's rights, why did the constitution of the CSA not support state's rights?

In fact, that constitution allowed no state the right to emancipate slaves. In fact, no state could even be admitted into the CSA unless it agreed to maintain slavery always.

And the idea of a state's right to secede was specifically and emphatically denied by that constitution.

Dude, you really need to read a history book.

Did you know that Gen. Ulysses Grant owned slaves even after the war? And he didn't free them until the 13th Amendment was passed.

Bottom line the war was fought over money.

Explain why the

TrueConfederateFlag.jpg

No that wouldn't work. This flag doesn't take shit off anyone.

Did you know that Gen. Ulysses Grant owned slaves even after the war? And he didn't free them until the 13th Amendment was passed.

Dude, what does the fact that slavery existed outside the south have to do with what I posted?

Explain why the

TrueConfederateFlag.jpg

No that wouldn't work. This flag doesn't take shit off anyone.

It took shit (and ashes) off Sherman.

Dude, what does the fact that slavery existed outside the south have to do with what I posted?

I assumed you were another of those that believed the war was about slavery. If not then I stand corrected.

I assumed you were another of those that believed the war was about slavery. If not then I stand corrected.

No, I was simply pointing out the fallacy of the claim that it was about states rights.

I admire your ability to stand corrected. So few do.

The war was about slavery regardless of how hard you try to spin it

What a great day to be a southerner as we celebrate a great man in the name of Robert E. Lee. Today tens of millions of Americans are showing their southern pride and patriotism across America. Robert E. Lee was a true gentleman who loved his heritage as he fought for states rights.

leegeneral2.jpg

rebel-flag.jpg

Did you have your white robe cleaned and pressed for the cross burning? R. E. Lee was a traitor, no less than Benedict Arnold or Eric Snowden.

He lead into battle children - 14, 15 and 16 year old children - ill trained and ill equipped to survive, and that makes him a child abuser too.

No it was more about money. More specifically issues on taxes, tariffs, internal improvements and states rights vs federal rights of which slavery was a part of.

But go ahead and remain ignorant.

No it was more about money. More specifically issues on taxes, tariffs, internal improvements and states rights vs federal rights of which slavery was a part of.

But go ahead and remain ignorant.

Here we go again folks...

The Civil War was about States Rights....A States Right to allow slavery
The Civil War was about economics......An economy built on slavery

It took shit (and ashes) off Sherman.

I don't think so. But if you have proof that the Virginia Battle flag was flying in Petersburg or in any of Sherman's sieges then let's see it.

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the Confederate flag.

The Battle flag is so often referred to as the Confederate flag and I think it's due to ignorance or being too lazy to research the flag's origin.

Dude, that's a classic non sequitur. Stay on point.

Money or property? Both equate to slavery. Times change but character does not, today in the South a popular ruse is to call neo slavery the Right to Work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back