Celebrating Robert E. Lee's Birthday Today Brings Out Southern Pride And Patriotism

What a great day to be a southerner as we celebrate a great man in the name of Robert E. Lee. Today tens of millions of Americans are showing their southern pride and patriotism across America. Robert E. Lee was a true gentleman who loved his heritage as he fought for states rights.

leegeneral2.jpg

rebel-flag.jpg

Well, Im from Ohio and two Ohio boys pretty much kicked your ass. :cool:

I have all the admiration in the world for General Lee.

I am also forever grateful that he lost. I am a lifelong southerner, but slavery should have been abolished long before the Civil War.

Gen. Robert E. Lee exemplified the best of southern gentility and tradition.

He was a strong defender of the principles and intent of the U.S. Constitution.

And will go down in history as one of the greatest generals our country ever produced. .... :cool:

Yeah. All of history's greatest generals betray their country, and then lose. :cuckoo:

I don't wanna start anything, but George Washington didn't lose.

Problem with reading comprehension much?:lol:

I am also forever grateful that he lost. I am a lifelong southerner, but slavery should have been abolished long before the Civil War.

Had slavery been abolished, there would have been no Civil War. That war was the result of the economic tensions created by an agrarian South that depended on slavery for it's wealth.

Had slavery been abolished, there would have been no Civil War. That war was the result of the economic tensions created by an agrarian South that depended on slavery for it's wealth.

Indeed. And if it had been abolished, the lives of 620,000 men would have been saved, not to mention the worst reconstructions horrors would have been avoided.

What a great day to be a southerner as we celebrate a great man in the name of Robert E. Lee. Today tens of millions of Americans are showing their southern pride and patriotism across America. Robert E. Lee was a true gentleman who loved his heritage as he fought for states rights.

leegeneral2.jpg

rebel-flag.jpg

FightingTerrorism.jpg

confederate20battle20animated.gif

Oh yes.....anti MLK day in the south

Look Darkies.....we still celebrate slavery

What Southern pride?

That you fought a war to prove you were better than the slaves and lost?

Not to mention that Robert E. Lee was a traitor to this nation and that slavery was reprehensible and disgusting.

Flying the stars and bars SHOULD be a crime.

Except- You SHOULD understand what your emotional dreams equate to is.. you know... 'Wish in one hand, ......'

-Geaux

The topic is not focused primarily on the civil war but Robert E. Lee and southern pride and heritage. The flag meets the criteria.

Actually she's incorrect the flag in the picture is the confederate navy jack

I thought the navy jack had a light blue border?

It did. It always amuses me that these yokels don't even know the REAL confederate flag(s). So much for it being about "heritage". If it were, they'd know.

If Lee was such a great General, why did he make so many dumb ass mistakes on the battlefield? Some of the battlefied commands he made at Gettysburg were just incompetent. Pickett's charge for one.

Celebrating Robert E Lees birthday is a reminder for Darkies to remember their place

Gen. Robert E. Lee exemplified the best of southern gentility and tradition.

He was a strong defender of the principles and intent of the U.S. Constitution.

And will go down in history as one of the greatest generals our country ever produced. .... :cool:

He was a great tactician.

But so was Rommel.

You fight for an immoral cause and you ultimately lose.

Forum List

Back