CBO: Stimulus saved between 5 to 25 million jobs

man that Obama supposedly SAVED a lot of shit with OTHER PEOPLES MONIES...what a hero that makes him eh?

It does make him a hero. Along with the Congress critters from both sides of the aisle that voted for it.

When an economy goes into a deflationary spiral, the government HAS to be the demand of last resort.

If the stimulus package had been larger, it would have worked better. Obama got what he could from Congress.

And we'd have been that much deeper in debt and the federal deficit would have been much larger.

Foxbots/dittohead/Moonies/Kochbots! Talk about getting only half the story, and keeping the blinders on.

Thanks for the Depression, refusing to see that the stimulus/Tarp stopped it, and blocking all the usual jobs bills since 2/2010 just to get Obama. Your idiocy, greed and hypocrisy is way too obvious- assume the position!

The first time home buyers tax incentive.

It saved the real estate industry.
Saved the WHAT?!!!!
Shit ,you must be in one of the few markets where homes are selling. They are not selling here. Average days on market is well over 365.
My friend in Downstate NY 35 miles north of NYC has had her condo on the market for over a year with ONE offer. And that was a low ball offer just $5k above what she paid for it 17 years ago. This after the identical unit below hers sold for $216K just four years ago.
Don't tell me a taxpayer funded tax credit saved anything. It COST us money. And benefited the few. Same as that idiotic Cash for Clunkers deal. All that did was COST the taxpayers money and gave the few people who NEEDED a car a taxpayer funded gift. The unintended consequences is a used car market here prices are now 30% higher than before that stupid program. Yeah, THIRTY PERCENT......No good government deed goes unpunished.

Lower housing prices is a good thing. It makes homes more affordable.

If housing prices were going up, you'd be complaining about that too. And blaming it on Obama.

Just like you're complaining about car prices.

But whatever. I mean, this conversation is going like this:

Liberal: The economy is improving. Here's some facts and figures.

Conservative: Your an idiot!1!111!!

Liberal: But look, the stimulus helped. Here's how.

Conservative: The economy sucks! We hate you!

Liberal: No. Look. Here's some more facts.

Conservatives: You're a dummy-head.

And so on.
Bullshit....Charts and graphs mean nothing to Main Street when Main Street is suffering.
THAT IS THE ONLY FACT WE NEED BE AWARE.
Here's an idea, go to the nearest OWS protest encampment and tell them everything is fine because the Stock Market is up and corporate profits are at record highs...They will shoot you DEAD.

Reagan Tax cuts saved between 20 to 80 million jobs
Actually, St Ronnie's tax cuts jacked up unemployment from ~7% to ~11%. Reagan's Keynesian Cold War DEFICIT spending saved and created all those jobs.

And Obama's deficits, bigger than an entire Reagan budget, aren't lowering unemployment because:

a) Bank atm
b) Airport kiosk
c) Booooooooooooooooooooooh

how did it save your job, exactly?

The first time home buyers tax incentive.

It saved the real estate industry.
Saved the WHAT?!!!!
Shit ,you must be in one of the few markets where homes are selling. They are not selling here. Average days on market is well over 365.
My friend in Downstate NY 35 miles north of NYC has had her condo on the market for over a year with ONE offer. And that was a low ball offer just $5k above what she paid for it 17 years ago. This after the identical unit below hers sold for $216K just four years ago.
Don't tell me a taxpayer funded tax credit saved anything. It COST us money. And benefited the few. Same as that idiotic Cash for Clunkers deal. All that did was COST the taxpayers money and gave the few people who NEEDED a car a taxpayer funded gift. The unintended consequences is a used car market here prices are now 30% higher than before that stupid program. Yeah, THIRTY PERCENT......No good government deed goes unpunished.

Yes indeed. A friend of mine just paid 260K for a home that sold 5 years ago for 780K. Obama definately saved the housing industry here:cuckoo:

They said that with the stimulus that unemployment wasn't going to go over 8 percent, but it want over 10 percent. They lied!!! We're still above 9 percent nearly 3 years later! You call saving this nation?

Absolutely.

Imagine where we would be without it.

Hooverville.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

Is that why Obama needs to do it again but by half this time? :eusa_hand::eusa_liar:

Government should stay the hell OUT and let the free market correct itself instead of the gubmint picking winners and losers.

*Next*

I could listen to you or economists. Hmmmmmmm.....
Some of the economists that reside in the Obama admin? Really? The numbers of unemployed speak for themselves. Hmmmmm....

*Idiot*

The stimulus package was not big enough. You will only listen to what you want to hear. You calling me an idiot shows that I am right.

Last edited:
But....but....Obama doesn't cut taxes

you're right, he doesn't. Unless you are talking about him Kicking and screaming into Extending the BUSH TAX CUTS.

About 40% of the $787 billion stimulus was TAX CUTS.

Details matter.

True, Economic Stimulus Package In Detail | Tax Cut Stimulus | IRS Stimulus | Tax Cuts

Will they get around to something that will help the economy or are government jobs just too important to be bothered with civilians at large?

you're right, he doesn't. Unless you are talking about him Kicking and screaming into Extending the BUSH TAX CUTS.

Details matter.

True, Economic Stimulus Package In Detail | Tax Cut Stimulus | IRS Stimulus | Tax Cuts

Will they get around to something that will help the economy or are government jobs just too important to be bothered with civilians at large?

Huh?

Details matter.

If you're not government, a buddy, or union this lot won't give you the time of day. Not a one of them has ever created anything without government paying for it.

Forum List

Back