CBO: Stimulus saved between 5 to 25 million jobs

I gave you a chart that shows that inflation is low by historical standards, that it fell sharply just as the stimulus was kicking in, and that it is lower than it normally is. What are you seeing?
Gold at $1700
Silver at $32
Oil hovering at $100
Gas at the pump still well over $3.00
Grocery prices going through the roof.

You going to believe some chart put out by people with a vested interest in lining their own pockets or your own lying eyes?

It's my observation that you people always believe charts that support your preconceived notions, and reject them whenever they don't.

I gave you a chart that shows that inflation is low by historical standards, that it fell sharply just as the stimulus was kicking in, and that it is lower than it normally is. What are you seeing?
Gold at $1700
Silver at $32
Oil hovering at $100

You going to believe some chart put out by people with a vested interest in lining their own pockets or your own lying eyes?

It's my observation that you people always believe charts that support your preconceived notions, and reject them whenever they don't.
I don't use charts and graphs, pal....I take my observations from Realityville.

Stephanie... Chris IS a taxpayer.

yeah and?

And... the whole point of the stimulus is getting people working, creating goods and services, adding real wealth to the economy, creating more jobs for others, and paying taxes.

What's so hard to understand?

when that happens please call me, till then, stop making yourself look, well, like an imbecile. just a suggestion. *shrugs*

We've had this conversation before.
Corporate earnings have dropped 30%.
The stock market is down to $11200 and falling like a rock.
Extremely anti business President.
Real estate market is grossly over supplied.
China is showing signs of economic slow down.
European debt crisis is unsolved and unsustainable.
Inflation is beginning to accelerate.
This looks just like the economy of 1936.
This depression is different than the Great Depression in only that we now have seven billion people in the world. If the slow down reaches our food production, we are in real trouble.
You're wrong, Chris, terribly wrong.

Let's take this one at a time.

1. Corporate profits are at an all-time high:

CP_Max_630_378.png

2. The stock market was around 8000 when Obama took office. It's gone up about 40% since then. What point were you trying to make?

3. That Obama is an "extremely anti-business president" is purely a fantasy of the right-wing. There's no evidence to support it, and you've provided none.

4. Real estate is a form of real wealth. To say it's "over-supplied" is equivalent to saying we have too much wealth.

5. "China is showing signs of a slow-down." And?

6. "European debt crisis is unsolvable." Not true... but even if it was... ?

7. "Inflation is beginning to accelerate." Inflation was negative in the most recent month available (Oct. 2011).

8. "This looks just like the economy of 1936." <--- Absurd on its face. Do you know the unemployment rate in 1936? Average wages? Net wealth of households? Anything?

9. "This depression is different than the Great Depression in only that we now have seven billion people in the world." <--- Also absurd. What does the world population have to do with it?

Your score is 0/9.
You are wrong.
Terribly, terribly wrong.
Why are you asses harping Ob Corporate profits? YOU act as if it's YOUR money. Get over it. YOU ain't gettin' a dime of it.

You need to look again. I wasn't complaining about corporate profits. I was citing them as evidence that the economy is not about to go in the toilet.

But you just assumed what you wanted, huh.

Gold at $1700
Silver at $32
Oil hovering at $100

The how about a video from OWS:

[youtube]hZweJI66e1U[/youtube]

Obama's "Stimulous" package is described as just another corporate bailout that the common citizen has yet to experience.

Stephanie... Chris IS a taxpayer.

yeah and?

And... the whole point of the stimulus is getting people working, creating goods and services, adding real wealth to the economy, creating more jobs for others, and paying taxes.

What's so hard to understand?

It Failed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3XBfPqj8Kg]Shovel Not So Ready.mov - YouTube[/ame]

here's the architect of the Failed Stimulus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buRO9TSlScQ]Joe Biden calls Jon Corzine for Advice Again - YouTube[/ame]

Let's take this one at a time.

1. Corporate profits are at an all-time high:

CP_Max_630_378.png

2. The stock market was around 8000 when Obama took office. It's gone up about 40% since then. What point were you trying to make?

3. That Obama is an "extremely anti-business president" is purely a fantasy of the right-wing. There's no evidence to support it, and you've provided none.

4. Real estate is a form of real wealth. To say it's "over-supplied" is equivalent to saying we have too much wealth.

5. "China is showing signs of a slow-down." And?

6. "European debt crisis is unsolvable." Not true... but even if it was... ?

7. "Inflation is beginning to accelerate." Inflation was negative in the most recent month available (Oct. 2011).

8. "This looks just like the economy of 1936." <--- Absurd on its face. Do you know the unemployment rate in 1936? Average wages? Net wealth of households? Anything?

9. "This depression is different than the Great Depression in only that we now have seven billion people in the world." <--- Also absurd. What does the world population have to do with it?

Your score is 0/9.
You are wrong.
Terribly, terribly wrong.
Why are you asses harping Ob Corporate profits? YOU act as if it's YOUR money. Get over it. YOU ain't gettin' a dime of it.

You need to look again. I wasn't complaining about corporate profits. I was citing them as evidence that the economy is not about to go in the toilet.

But you just assumed what you wanted, huh.
NOT what I want...Until Employment numbers come way back up? You graphs, your numbers here are meaningless...the economy will suffer...period.

*NEXT*

When people fall back on insults, I know I have won the argument.

man that Obama supposedly SAVED a lot of shit with OTHER PEOPLES MONIES...what a hero that makes him eh?

It does make him a hero. Along with the Congress critters from both sides of the aisle that voted for it.

When an economy goes into a deflationary spiral, the government HAS to be the demand of last resort.

If the stimulus package had been larger, it would have worked better. Obama got what he could from Congress.

man that Obama supposedly SAVED a lot of shit with OTHER PEOPLES MONIES...what a hero that makes him eh?

It does make him a hero. Along with the Congress critters from both sides of the aisle that voted for it.

When an economy goes into a deflationary spiral, the government HAS to be the demand of last resort.

If the stimulus package had been larger, it would have worked better. Obama got what he could from Congress.
Is that why Obama needs to do it again but by half this time? :eusa_hand::eusa_liar:

Government should stay the hell OUT and let the free market correct itself instead of the gubmint picking winners and losers.

*Next*

:lol:

we are off to counter factual land:eek:hang on everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

President Barack Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus bill which was passed in Congress during the first month of his Administration and which received opposition from all but three Congressional Republicans has thus far resulted in the employment for 5 million or more Americans according to the Congressional Budget Office’s 2011 third quarter ARRA accounting report released on Tuesday.

“The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” (ARRA) was passed and enacted in February of 2009 and contained approximately $800 billion in stimulus programs, tax cuts and tax incentives to help the economy, which at the time was losing almost one million jobs a month.

In the CBO report, “Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from July 2011 Through September 2011,” a breakdown by year shows that the ARRA created or saved from 5 million to 25.4 million jobs from March 2009 through September 2011, as follows:

2009:a low estimate of .9 million jobs to a high estimate of 3.6 million jobs
2010:a low estimate of 2.6 million jobs to a high estimate of 13.2 million jobs
2011:a low estimate of 1.5 million jobs to a high estimate of 8.6 million jobs

In addition, according to the CBO, the stimulus is expected to help create or save another .3million to 2 million jobs in the fourth quarter of 2011, another .8 million to 4.6 million jobs in 2012.

CBO states Obama economic stimulus created or saved 5 million or more jobs - National liberal | Examiner.com
These numbers are just not to be believed. The federal government's own unemployment numbers absolutely defy the CBO's ridiculous figures.
If these numbers were anywhere close to be true, the unemployment rate would have never risen to 10% and the current 9.1%....25 million jobs is 19% of the total work force!!!!!!
I have to hand it to you, Chris. Your enthusiasm for Obama is uncanny.
How far is your nose up Obama's ass..

Is that why Obama needs to do it again but by half this time? :eusa_hand::eusa_liar:

Government should stay the hell OUT and let the free market correct itself instead of the gubmint picking winners and losers.

*Next*

I could listen to you or economists. Hmmmmmmm.....

President Barack Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus bill which was passed in Congress during the first month of his Administration and which received opposition from all but three Congressional Republicans has thus far resulted in the employment for 5 million or more Americans according to the Congressional Budget Office’s 2011 third quarter ARRA accounting report released on Tuesday.

“The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” (ARRA) was passed and enacted in February of 2009 and contained approximately $800 billion in stimulus programs, tax cuts and tax incentives to help the economy, which at the time was losing almost one million jobs a month.

In the CBO report, “Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from July 2011 Through September 2011,” a breakdown by year shows that the ARRA created or saved from 5 million to 25.4 million jobs from March 2009 through September 2011, as follows:

2009:a low estimate of .9 million jobs to a high estimate of 3.6 million jobs
2010:a low estimate of 2.6 million jobs to a high estimate of 13.2 million jobs
2011:a low estimate of 1.5 million jobs to a high estimate of 8.6 million jobs

In addition, according to the CBO, the stimulus is expected to help create or save another .3million to 2 million jobs in the fourth quarter of 2011, another .8 million to 4.6 million jobs in 2012.

CBO states Obama economic stimulus created or saved 5 million or more jobs - National liberal | Examiner.com
These numbers are just not to be believed. The federal government's own unemployment numbers absolutely defy the CBO's ridiculous figures.
If these numbers were anywhere close to be true, the unemployment rate would have never risen to 10% and the current 9.1%....25 million jobs is 19% of the total work force!!!!!!
I have to hand it to you, Chris. Your enthusiasm for Obama is uncanny.
How far is your nose up Obama's ass..
Precisely. And until the unemployment numbers go down? No matter how they fudge the numbers? We will still have a stagnant economy.

The ONLY jobs the stimulus saved...is Guberment and UNION jobs.

he said the piss on the rest of us. But stole our money anyway.

It definitely saved my job.

And I don't work for the government.

You do know that half the stimulus was tax cuts, right?
Ok ,you've really stepped in it. What kind of work do you do? Are you union? What funds your job?
Please...this is probably the biggest pile of cow dung ever posted as a thread in the history of USMB.

*Next*

I could listen to you or economists. Hmmmmmmm.....
Some of the economists that reside in the Obama admin? Really? The numbers of unemployed speak for themselves. Hmmmmm....

*Idiot*

Forum List

Back