Catholics are Christians?

The protestants ran from Catholicism because teaching something different than what Jesus taught is what they do--the councils provided many false teachings.
In the ot--it clearly condemns the use of statues and icons( little metal cross)--the protestants never corrected the errors of Catholicism. all the original writings were gone by the time prrotestants translated so the errors carried over into every one of them--today about 33,000= a house divided will not stand-Mark 3:24-26) Jesus did not start Catholicism. They are far removed from him and his way.

I am sorry, but this is wrong. First of all, did not God order that Cherubim be carved on the the Ark of the Covenant? Second, didn't Paul state that things like dietary law, circumcision, tithing, and anything that did not include moral law was now null and void with the New Testament?

Second, check with scholars, and they will confirm that the the interpretation of the Bible that most strayed from the originals, and contains the most errors is a favorite of Protestants--The King James version. Further, Protestants removed some books that were in use in Jesus time and the early days of the Church.

Third, the Protestant Reformation was a product or the Enlightenment political movement, where the common man wished to rule himself, not be told what to do by the State or the Church there forefathers had followed. It had so little to do with reforming anything, because as we see throughout Church history, the Church, beginning with the Apostle Judas, has had to constantly reform itself. After Judas, we see Paul and the other Apostles warning people to beware of those who tried to change what Christ taught. Christ prayed that the Church (his followers) would remain one in the same way he and the Father are One.

It is interesting an interesting side note that of those who switch from being Protestant to Catholic are the most informed Protestants; those who switch from Catholicism to a Protestant denomination are those who are least informed about the Church and its history. Something to think about.
It's like arguing over whose clown shoes are prettier.

Pretty much, although I phrase it a bit differently. Of all the different faiths, and of all of us who believe in God, those who are right are about a half-inch closer to God than those who have it all wrong. What God measures is our love of Him and one another--not our doctrinal beliefs. The only reason doctrine is in place is to draw people closer to God. These discussions are more recreational than anything else, although they can be informative as well.

What God measures is our love of Him and one another--not our doctrinal beliefs. The only reason doctrine is in place is to draw people closer to God.

I would suspect that God would care about people who claim to love him and others but teach that he can be turned into a lifeless matzo and handed out like a cheap snack food and eaten for spiritual life.

Those who are deceived into doing this are condemned to receive the exact opposite of their professed intentions.

The closer they seem to get to God in their imagination by conforming to this vile and degrading practice, the more they recede from God in actuality..

I would suspect that God would care about people who claim to love him and others but teach that he can be turned into a lifeless matzo and handed out like a cheap snack food and eaten for spiritual life.

Those who are deceived into doing this are condemned to receive the exact opposite of their professed intentions.

The closer they seem to get to God in their imagination by conforming to this vile and degrading practice, the more they recede from God in actuality..

What are your thoughts on prayer and worship where the family of God gathers to remember and celebrate God's revelation of Himself and the unfolding of His plans via the Old Testament and then continue on to study and commemorate the teachings and the life of Christ?

The commemoration of the Last Supper, Christ's death and resurrection are the center of this prayer, which He commanded we do in remembrance of Him. "Take and eat, this is my body....Take and drink, this is my blood." This is sacred prayer and sincere worship as we follow in the steps and life of Christ.

What do you think Jesus might have to say to people who sneer at a people who are in prayer and worship, following the practices of the Apostles and the early Church? Might it be, "Go follow your Luther, Calvin, Wesley, and their ways if you wish--but leave my people be."

The protestants ran from Catholicism because teaching something different than what Jesus taught is what they do--the councils provided many false teachings.
In the ot--it clearly condemns the use of statues and icons( little metal cross)--the protestants never corrected the errors of Catholicism. all the original writings were gone by the time prrotestants translated so the errors carried over into every one of them--today about 33,000= a house divided will not stand-Mark 3:24-26) Jesus did not start Catholicism. They are far removed from him and his way.

I am sorry, but this is wrong. First of all, did not God order that Cherubim be carved on the the Ark of the Covenant? Second, didn't Paul state that things like dietary law, circumcision, tithing, and anything that did not include moral law was now null and void with the New Testament?

Second, check with scholars, and they will confirm that the the interpretation of the Bible that most strayed from the originals, and contains the most errors is a favorite of Protestants--The King James version. Further, Protestants removed some books that were in use in Jesus time and the early days of the Church.

Third, the Protestant Reformation was a product or the Enlightenment political movement, where the common man wished to rule himself, not be told what to do by the State or the Church there forefathers had followed. It had so little to do with reforming anything, because as we see throughout Church history, the Church, beginning with the Apostle Judas, has had to constantly reform itself. After Judas, we see Paul and the other Apostles warning people to beware of those who tried to change what Christ taught. Christ prayed that the Church (his followers) would remain one in the same way he and the Father are One.

It is interesting an interesting side note that of those who switch from being Protestant to Catholic are the most informed Protestants; those who switch from Catholicism to a Protestant denomination are those who are least informed about the Church and its history. Something to think about.
and you feel superior because your clowns are barefoot?........

They're arguing over whose interpretation of the same myths is correct. I AM superior because I never fell for all that malarkey, which not even its adherents can agree on what went down, how and why. It's like a bunch of clowns arguing over whose little car can fit the most amount of gullible people in it. Comedy gold!

Pretty much, although I phrase it a bit differently. Of all the different faiths, and of all of us who believe in God, those who are right are about a half-inch closer to God than those who have it all wrong. What God measures is our love of Him and one another--not our doctrinal beliefs. The only reason doctrine is in place is to draw people closer to God. These discussions are more recreational than anything else, although they can be informative as well.
How do you know that what you believe is right? Maybe god wants you to live by sharia law? And since you're not... Please say hi to Adolf for me when you get to hell.

Jesus and his Father are one in purpose--the living to do the Fathers will--and only those who do that now as well, get to enter Gods kingdom-Matt 7:21)
Catholicisms bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens-- not so long ago--stood on both sides of ww2 and the young catholic men were allowed by the teachers to kill one another , kill for a mass murderer named Hitler, not only that dragging of Jesus name through the mud, but when the teachers prayed to the same God on both sides showing all of creation one of the biggest hipocrosys ever witnessed on this earth.--Do you know Jesus--not for an iota of 1 single second would Jesus condone brother in Christ vs brother in Christ--under any circumstances. They have proved throughout their history--they do not know God or Jesus. They live by dogma.

You should look at the blood guilt of Protestants "amassed to the heavens." Unfortunately, people of all faiths and denominations are guilty of this, and Protestants have been no less guilty. Look it up.

Yes the protestants as well-- The JW,s refused to stand on both sides of war--they went to prision and the concentration camps--were branded as cowards for standing up for what Jesus taught. While the rest--threw Jesus in the garbage to appease men and stand on both sides killing each other.

How do you know that what you believe is right? Maybe god wants you to live by sharia law? And since you're not... Please say hi to Adolf for me when you get to hell.

I believe in love of God and love of neighbor. Catholic practices help me with reaching out to these ideals. It was Catholic beliefs, not Sharia Law that brought my own experiences of God.

Catholic teaching is God sends no one to hell. People choose to go there because the idea of being loved and to love in return holds no appeal for them. Heaven--existing in the presence of the Lord and walking in His ways--is not forced upon anyone.

Jesus and his Father are one in purpose--the living to do the Fathers will--and only those who do that now as well, get to enter Gods kingdom-Matt 7:21)
Catholicisms bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens-- not so long ago--stood on both sides of ww2 and the young catholic men were allowed by the teachers to kill one another , kill for a mass murderer named Hitler, not only that dragging of Jesus name through the mud, but when the teachers prayed to the same God on both sides showing all of creation one of the biggest hipocrosys ever witnessed on this earth.--Do you know Jesus--not for an iota of 1 single second would Jesus condone brother in Christ vs brother in Christ--under any circumstances. They have proved throughout their history--they do not know God or Jesus. They live by dogma.

This is such an esoteric ramble. You really think the message to God's creation is that precise and nuanced and, yet, incomprehensive in many ways, and exclusive. Yes, all those descriptions by what you said equals esoteric for me.

No, you are not a candidate for an explanation as to why the Catholic Church is still and always will be (because of Jesus' commands) the fullness of truth. For the world, however, it is good enough to treat others with charity and kindness and seek God with a humble heart. If it leads to Jesus, the best. If it leads to someone who does not know Jesus but acts in a Christian way towards their fellow man... that too is victory. They will see heaven.

By the way Meriweather, I like what you mentioned here earlier. I think there is a lot of truth to it. -->

It is always good to share--but the trinity charities fail both Jesus and their brothers. Where as they think a temporary handout is the fix, but fail both by not giving the permanent fix that Jesus gave for free to all--Matt 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

A promise from Jesus that if one applied this teaching, his Father would provide those 3 things daily if needed.
they fail to teach this to those in need, because they do not know Jesus.

They're arguing over whose interpretation of the same myths is correct. I AM superior because I never fell for all that malarkey, which not even its adherents can agree on what went down, how and why. It's like a bunch of clowns arguing over whose little car can fit the most amount of gullible people in it. Comedy gold!

Those in a divided house that will not stand--are being mislead by satan--there is no comedy in that--you are in the same boat-- no superior involved.

I believe in love of God and love of neighbor. Catholic practices help me with reaching out to these ideals. It was Catholic beliefs, not Sharia Law that brought my own experiences of God.

Catholic teaching is God sends no one to hell. People choose to go there because the idea of being loved and to love in return holds no appeal for them. Heaven--existing in the presence of the Lord and walking in His ways--is not forced upon anyone.
You sure? Sounds made-up. :D

Those in a divided house that will not stand--are being mislead by satan--there is no comedy in that--you are in the same boat-- no superior involved.
You believe that I'm going to hell. I think that you're a deluded fool. I'm right. I win. :D.

Yes the protestants as well-- The JW,s refused to stand on both sides of war--they went to prision and the concentration camps--were branded as cowards for standing up for what Jesus taught. While the rest--threw Jesus in the garbage to appease men and stand on both sides killing each other.

More Catholics and Christians than JW's were killed in the Holocaust. During this time, more than ten thousand Catholic schools were closed by the Nazis, and vile accusations against the Church were also made.

Not all Catholics and Christians were on "both sides" or appeasing men. Many gave their lives, and they should not be forgotten. Keep in mind that the majority of Slavs and Polish killed in the Holocaust were Catholics. Perhaps you remember a little brouhaha at Auschwitz several years ago when Jews objected to Catholics placing crosses there in remembrance of their many Catholic relatives who died there. Auschwitz was not just a Jewish death camp. Many Catholics--and I'm sure other Christians--lost their lives there as well.

Shrug. It's not made up.

My parents discovered my sister needed glasses when my sister swore I was making up being able to see individual leaves on a tree when viewing them from across the street. Until that day I was positive everyone could see individual leaves on a tree--and she was equally positive all anyone saw was a blur.

Down through the ages and in all cultures, many, but not all, have had experiences of God. Some of those who don't are convinced the rest don't, either.

God directed L. Ron Hubbard to create the Church of Scientology to show man how insane organized religion truly is.

I am a Christian (by the way, a Christian is anyone that accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior and as the sacrifice for their sins) - doesn't matter if you are Catholic, Methodist, Baptist whatever, as long as you acknowledge Jesus as your Lord (ruler of your life) and your Savior (the one who covers your sins) - you are a Christian.

I say that the Catholic DOCTRINE is not Biblical and most likely the establishment is corrupt.
That is not to say there are not Catholics that are not Christians. I'm sure many are.

You accept a mythical guy (Jesus) as the ruler of your life? Grow up and start accepting responsibility.

Shrug. It's not made up.

My parents discovered my sister needed glasses when my sister swore I was making up being able to see individual leaves on a tree when viewing them from across the street. Until that day I was positive everyone could see individual leaves on a tree--and she was equally positive all anyone saw was a blur.

Down through the ages and in all cultures, many, but not all, have had experiences of God. Some of those who don't are convinced the rest don't, either.
Most "experiences of God" can be explained as contact with aliens. So no, only delusional people can contact God.

More Catholics and Christians than JW's were killed in the Holocaust. During this time, more than ten thousand Catholic schools were closed by the Nazis, and vile accusations against the Church were also made.

Not all Catholics and Christians were on "both sides" or appeasing men. Many gave their lives, and they should not be forgotten. Keep in mind that the majority of Slavs and Polish killed in the Holocaust were Catholics. Perhaps you remember a little brouhaha at Auschwitz several years ago when Jews objected to Catholics placing crosses there in remembrance of their many Catholic relatives who died there. Auschwitz was not just a Jewish death camp. Many Catholics--and I'm sure other Christians--lost their lives there as well.
So where was there God in the death camps? Too busy to hear their prayers? Liked the smell of the ovens up in heaven?

Forum List

Back