Catholics are Christians?

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
I notice and hear a lot of comments form protestants especially born again types that Catholics aren't Christians. Can someone please explain

catholics are the muslims of the christian religion, they hate gay, women, divorce... as though they were following sharia too.

catholics are the muslims of the christian religion, they hate gay, women, divorce... as though they were following sharia too.

Actually Catholics are more of the bent of "hate the sin, not the sinner", and of all the faiths they are the most consistent. No Death penalty, no euthanasia, no assisted suicide, No abortion, no birth control (waning on that one a bit).

They also accept evolution making them one of the liberal denominations when it comes to science.

Where they lose progressives is their stand on gays, which isn't exactly "kill them all".

I notice and hear a lot of comments form protestants especially born again types that Catholics aren't Christians. Can someone please explain

I am a Christian (by the way, a Christian is anyone that accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior and as the sacrifice for their sins) - doesn't matter if you are Catholic, Methodist, Baptist whatever, as long as you acknowledge Jesus as your Lord (ruler of your life) and your Savior (the one who covers your sins) - you are a Christian.

I say that the Catholic DOCTRINE is not Biblical and most likely the establishment is corrupt.
That is not to say there are not Catholics that are not Christians. I'm sure many are.

I saw that on a thread I was on the other day....I believe it was the poster Rustic who said that....that Catholics aren't Christians. But then again, he also said that Christianity isn't a religion. :cuckoo:

Always remember that fights within a group are far more virulent than fights between different groups.

Catholics are Christians. They work from the same Bible as other Christians. They have traditions other Christian groups don't have such as confession and a leader (Pope). These traditions come from Jesus giving the keys to Peter. You can look it up in Matthew. Other traditions come from Church fathers. Catholics are big on reading scripture with faith and reason- this applies not only to clergy but to the laity as well.

not everyone that cries Lord Lord will enter the Kingdom of God....
there are many people that profess to be a Christian, but are not....

Actually Catholics are more of the bent of "hate the sin, not the sinner", and of all the faiths they are the most consistent. No Death penalty, no euthanasia, no assisted suicide, No abortion, no birth control (waning on that one a bit).

They also accept evolution making them one of the liberal denominations when it comes to science.

Where they lose progressives is their stand on gays, which isn't exactly "kill them all".

I suggest you read TNT again; you don't believe in J, you're going to the Eternal Lake of Fire.

I suggest you read TNT again; you don't believe in J, you're going to the Eternal Lake of Fire.

and only God can make that decision, not some fire and brimstone protestant preacher.

Catholic translated means universal Christian.

True, but I'm talking about the religion not the word....

Ok...so they picked that word at random? ;)

I'm just saying their doctrine is messed up (some of it) .... I could start a religion called Jesus' TRUE followers but that doesn't make it true....

The doctrine is fine, leadership has misled. Look at it this way, thanks to some Catholic priests most Protestant kids are safe at church.

and only God can make that decision, not some fire and brimstone protestant preacher.

What Does the Bible Say About Lake Of Fire?

In context, amongst others, non-Jesus believers are going there.

Catholic translated means universal Christian.

True, but I'm talking about the religion not the word....

Ok...so they picked that word at random? ;)

I'm just saying their doctrine is messed up (some of it) .... I could start a religion called Jesus' TRUE followers but that doesn't make it true....

The doctrine is fine, leadership has misled. Look at it this way, thanks to some Catholic priests most Protestant kids are safe at church.

we'll agree to disagree. I'm to lazy to get into it.... Jeremiah will probably oblige if she sees this.....

People love beating the dead horse of religion.
It's so simple.

Forum List

Back