Catholics are Christians?

Most "experiences of God" can be explained as contact with aliens. So no, only delusional people can contact God.

Who said anything about contacting God? Ah, someone who has never had an experience of God explaining what happened to the rest of us. Apparently we "contacted" God. Strike one. Care to try again?

The protestants ran from Catholicism because teaching something different than what Jesus taught is what they do--the councils provided many false teachings.
In the ot--it clearly condemns the use of statues and icons( little metal cross)--the protestants never corrected the errors of Catholicism. all the original writings were gone by the time prrotestants translated so the errors carried over into every one of them--today about 33,000= a house divided will not stand-Mark 3:24-26) Jesus did not start Catholicism. They are far removed from him and his way.

I am sorry, but this is wrong. First of all, did not God order that Cherubim be carved on the the Ark of the Covenant? Second, didn't Paul state that things like dietary law, circumcision, tithing, and anything that did not include moral law was now null and void with the New Testament?

Second, check with scholars, and they will confirm that the the interpretation of the Bible that most strayed from the originals, and contains the most errors is a favorite of Protestants--The King James version. Further, Protestants removed some books that were in use in Jesus time and the early days of the Church.

Third, the Protestant Reformation was a product or the Enlightenment political movement, where the common man wished to rule himself, not be told what to do by the State or the Church there forefathers had followed. It had so little to do with reforming anything, because as we see throughout Church history, the Church, beginning with the Apostle Judas, has had to constantly reform itself. After Judas, we see Paul and the other Apostles warning people to beware of those who tried to change what Christ taught. Christ prayed that the Church (his followers) would remain one in the same way he and the Father are One.

It is interesting an interesting side note that of those who switch from being Protestant to Catholic are the most informed Protestants; those who switch from Catholicism to a Protestant denomination are those who are least informed about the Church and its history. Something to think about.
It's like arguing over whose clown shoes are prettier.
and you feel superior because your clowns are barefoot?........
They're arguing over whose interpretation of the same myths is correct. I AM superior because I never fell for all that malarkey, which not even its adherents can agree on what went down, how and why. It's like a bunch of clowns arguing over whose little car can fit the most amount of gullible people in it. Comedy gold!
a clown yipping because pebbles on the path are hurting his naked feet.......poor clown........

So where was there God in the death camps? Too busy to hear their prayers? Liked the smell of the ovens up in heaven?

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me... (Psalm 23)

Most "experiences of God" can be explained as contact with aliens. So no, only delusional people can contact God.

Who said anything about contacting God? Ah, someone who has never had an experience of God explaining what happened to the rest of us. Apparently we "contacted" God. Strike one. Care to try again?
Man, you guys have so many different versions of what each one of you believes that it must be easy for you to dodge the point by highlighting a slip of the pen.

The protestants ran from Catholicism because teaching something different than what Jesus taught is what they do--the councils provided many false teachings.
In the ot--it clearly condemns the use of statues and icons( little metal cross)--the protestants never corrected the errors of Catholicism. all the original writings were gone by the time prrotestants translated so the errors carried over into every one of them--today about 33,000= a house divided will not stand-Mark 3:24-26) Jesus did not start Catholicism. They are far removed from him and his way.

I am sorry, but this is wrong. First of all, did not God order that Cherubim be carved on the the Ark of the Covenant? Second, didn't Paul state that things like dietary law, circumcision, tithing, and anything that did not include moral law was now null and void with the New Testament?

Second, check with scholars, and they will confirm that the the interpretation of the Bible that most strayed from the originals, and contains the most errors is a favorite of Protestants--The King James version. Further, Protestants removed some books that were in use in Jesus time and the early days of the Church.

Third, the Protestant Reformation was a product or the Enlightenment political movement, where the common man wished to rule himself, not be told what to do by the State or the Church there forefathers had followed. It had so little to do with reforming anything, because as we see throughout Church history, the Church, beginning with the Apostle Judas, has had to constantly reform itself. After Judas, we see Paul and the other Apostles warning people to beware of those who tried to change what Christ taught. Christ prayed that the Church (his followers) would remain one in the same way he and the Father are One.

It is interesting an interesting side note that of those who switch from being Protestant to Catholic are the most informed Protestants; those who switch from Catholicism to a Protestant denomination are those who are least informed about the Church and its history. Something to think about.
It's like arguing over whose clown shoes are prettier.
and you feel superior because your clowns are barefoot?........
They're arguing over whose interpretation of the same myths is correct. I AM superior because I never fell for all that malarkey, which not even its adherents can agree on what went down, how and why. It's like a bunch of clowns arguing over whose little car can fit the most amount of gullible people in it. Comedy gold!
a clown yipping because pebbles on the path are hurting his naked feet.......poor clown........
You have nothing, no need to get obnoxious.

God directed L. Ron Hubbard to create the Church of Scientology to show man how insane organized religion truly is.

I am a Christian (by the way, a Christian is anyone that accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior and as the sacrifice for their sins) - doesn't matter if you are Catholic, Methodist, Baptist whatever, as long as you acknowledge Jesus as your Lord (ruler of your life) and your Savior (the one who covers your sins) - you are a Christian.

I say that the Catholic DOCTRINE is not Biblical and most likely the establishment is corrupt.
That is not to say there are not Catholics that are not Christians. I'm sure many are.

You accept a mythical guy (Jesus) as the ruler of your life? Grow up and start accepting responsibility.

Are you aware that there is very little in the world that will make something seem desirable than the fact that you oppose it? Seriously, the more you hate something, the more you should never, ever speak about it. You are to respectable opinions what anti-matter is to matter.

Man, you guys have so many different versions of what each one of you believes that it must be easy for you to dodge the point by highlighting a slip of the pen.

We are each unique people with different perceptions. People's perceptions of broccoli also differ.

What are your thoughts on prayer and worship where the family of God gathers to remember and celebrate God's revelation of Himself and the unfolding of His plans via the Old Testament and then continue on to study and commemorate the teachings and the life of Christ?

Its a complete and total waste of time for those who openly profess a dedication to do the exact opposite of what God commands as an expression of love and worship to pray for anything. Study the teaching of Jesus all you want but if what you do as a matter of devotion contradicts those teachings you might as well pray to a stone.

The commemoration of the Last Supper, Christ's death and resurrection are the center of this prayer, which He commanded we do in remembrance of Him. "Take and eat, this is my body....Take and drink, this is my blood." This is sacred prayer and sincere worship as we follow in the steps and life of Christ.

Sacred prayer and sincere worship my ass. My thoughts are that the command 'do this in memory of me' was a deliberate effort on the part of Jesus and his disciples and whoever wrote the Gospels to send a curse through the nations.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword." Matthew 10:34

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations, Rev 19:15

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it, When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

The he took some wine, gave it to his disciples and said, "Take this cup and drink it. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink." Rev. 16:5

What do you think Jesus might have to say to people who sneer at a people who are in prayer and worship, following the practices of the Apostles and the early Church? Might it be, "Go follow your Luther, Calvin, Wesley, and their ways if you wish--but leave my people be."

No, Jesus would probably say something like,

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have their reward already. But when you pray, go into a closet, close the door and pray to your Father, in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, who think the more they say the more likely they are to be heard. Do not imitate them..."

Last edited:

We are each unique people with different perceptions. People's perceptions of broccoli also differ.
So whose interpretation of the bible and god is right?

Whose perception of the sun is correct? Those who live on the equator, those who live close to the poles, those who live in the mountains, those who live by the sea?

Start with: God is love. The interpretation that presents God as love, as merciful and kind, is more than likely the most correct. Keep in mind that evil cannot exist in God's presence. In the Old Testament we see stories of people who turned from the ways of God to evil. Those are times the Jews recall as tragic. Their hearts and ways had to turn back to God before peaceful times came their way again.

Sacred prayer and sincere worship my ass. My thoughts are that the command 'do this in memory of me' was a deliberate effort on the part of Jesus and his disciples and whoever wrote the Gospels to send a curse through the nations.

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations, Rev 19:15

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it, When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

The he took some wine, gave it to his disciples and said, "Take this cup and drink it. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink." Rev. 16:5

What do you think Jesus might have to say to people who sneer at a people who are in prayer and worship, following the practices of the Apostles and the early Church? Might it be, "Go follow your Luther, Calvin, Wesley, and their ways if you wish--but leave my people be."

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have their reward already. But when you pray, go into a closet, close the door and pray to your Father, in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, who think the more they say the more likely they are to be heard. Do not imitate them..."

God is loving, kind, and merciful. When we reach out to Him, He bridges the gap and draws us to him. I am truly sorry my faith causes you to gag, but it has been a great blessing to me and to many.

Whose perception of the sun is correct? Those who live on the equator, those who live close to the poles, those who live in the mountains, those who live by the sea?

Start with: God is love. The interpretation that presents God as love, as merciful and kind, is more than likely the most correct. Keep in mind that evil cannot exist in God's presence. In the Old Testament we see stories of people who turned from the ways of God to evil. Those are times the Jews recall as tragic. Their hearts and ways had to turn back to God before peaceful times came their way again.
You're condemning people to burn in hell, how do you know you're right? A lot of Christians say nobody goes to hell. (Or vice versa, depending on what side you're on).

God is loving, kind, and merciful. When we reach out to Him, He bridges the gap and draws us to him. I am truly sorry my faith causes you to gag, but it has been a great blessing to me and to many.
Maybe you're wrong and some other unrelated religion is right. You're ready to live your life in a fantasy world?

You're condemning people to burn in hell, how do you know you're right? A lot of Christians say nobody goes to hell. (Or vice versa, depending on what side you're on).

Catholics do neither. No one is condemned to hell; the people who are there are there by choice because they choose not to love and serve God and one another. Just as darkness cannot exist in the presence of light, evil cannot exist in the presence of absolute good. Nor will God force those who reject Him to live in His presence.

Catholics do neither. No one is condemned to hell; the people who are there are there by choice because they choose not to love and serve God and one another. Just as darkness cannot exist in the presence of light, evil cannot exist in the presence of absolute good. Nor will God force those who reject Him to live in His presence.
It's a threat that if I don't give money to the church, I'll go to hell. And you don't even know if you're right. Do you?

Maybe you're wrong and some other unrelated religion is right. You're ready to live your life in a fantasy world?
Living a life where loving others is the ideal is a fantasy world? I see it differently. I have this life to live. I can live it being selfish, annoyed with others, making everyone miserable, and only for myself, or I can live it joyfully loving and being loved. I can live it with hands stretched out to take, or hands stretched out to give.

Keep in mind the above are ideals. I tend to be a bit of a hermit and tend to keep to myself. But when I am with family, at school, or in public places, I make an effort. Even this amount makes me thankful to pray each day or be in Church at least once a week to rejuvenate. I am blessed.

It's a threat that if I don't give money to the church, I'll go to hell. And you don't even know if you're right. Do you?

Catholics are not required to give money to the church. There have been times in my life where I couldn't. It's not a big deal. When I have enough, it's my community, and so I contribute to it and to other charities.

This is as right for me as my education, my marriage, and my hobbies are right for me. For me, love just feels right.

Catholics are not required to give money to the church. There have been times in my life where I couldn't. It's not a big deal. When I have enough, it's my community, and so I contribute to it and to other charities.

This is as right for me as my education, my marriage, and my hobbies are right for me. For me, love just feels right.
Ok, if you're going to sidestep everything I say because you can't answer properly, then I guess we're done.

Forum List

Back