Catholic Racist Lunch Menu!

It's a big tent party.

Unlike the modern GOP..who are mostly racist.

:cool:

Prove it.

What Republicans were members of the KKK like the Democrats?

What Republicans supported and defended slavery like Democrats?

What Republicans defended Jim Crow, like the Democrats?

Which party had the most votes against he 1964 Civil Rights Act? Oh, that's right the DEMOCRATS.

Dealing with people by their race has long been a central tenet of the Democratic Party and IT STILL IS.

Man you are in La La land.

Seriously.

There is a reason most non white Americans vote for Democrats.

And it isn't for "free stuff".

No it is for free stuff, Affirmative Action and buying libtard racist lies.

Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Thats it?

Yall don't know that's good southern eats right there.

That's exactly what it is; a laziness of thought. If the school (or any institution) wanted to honor African contributions to North American cuisine they could go with cornbread, blackeyed peas, grits, eggplant, yams and sweet potatoes, melon or gumbo (an African word for okra) -- all of which were introduced by Africans.
That sounds dubious, maybe some of it is true. Cornbread was a new world European invention using native American corn meal.

As for the topic I think this kind of thing is bound to happen when you set out to celebrate a particular ethnicity. Black history makes no more sense than white history.

I should have edited that list, fair enough, but you missed the point, which is confusing ignorant stereotypes with "racism".

"Black" history month is a misnomer; it's an observance of the experience and contributions of Africans. No more or less sense that St. Patrick's Day. Bottom line: without the African cultural infusion we wouldn't have the concepts of collard greens, melons and gumbo, not to mention not having blues and jazz or their children, rock 'n' roll and funk ... for a start. Not to mention the instrument in my avatar.

And of course how would posters her --even the racists-- get by without African words like bogus and bozo? How would Wanker102 survive without jism?

Last edited:
Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Thats it?

Yall don't know that's good southern eats right there.

I don't get the outrage, I've been to white homes in the South and have eaten fried chicken, catfish, black eyed peas, greens, biscuits, etc etc this stuff is not exclusively black smmfh

Great! By making this an issue they just taught another generation of kids they can insult blacks by mentioning "watermelon" and "fried chicken". Why that is an insult I'll never know. But the insult now lives on. Good job people!

I went to Taco Bell for Cinco de mayo last year was that racist?
It was if you were wearing a pancho and a big cartoon sombreo.

I was dressed like this.

Mexican-cowboy.jpg

Congress should take up a resolution pass it with bipartisan support. Food is never racist. It makes no sense for food to be racist. Fried chicken is not racist any more than coq au vin is anti French or hummus is anti middle eastern.

Is there any 'race' that doesn't like fried chicken? I know one or two people who don't like watermelon, but fried chicken?! C'mon.

Forum List

Back