Happy Birthday President Reagan

I was in the military at the time of the debate with Carter. We were all pumped at the hopes of his Presidency. Post Vietnam in the military was a dark time. There was not much respect in the ranks for Carter.

-Geaux

I live only 20 minutes away from Reagan's boyhood home in Dixon, IL. I go by Lowell Park where he was a lifeguard very often. Have been through his house in Dixon several times. Pretty interesting.

I was in the military at the time of the debate with Carter. We were all pumped at the hopes of his Presidency. Post Vietnam in the military was a dark time. There was not much respect in the ranks for Carter.

-Geaux
I debated the Carter Reagan contest on the school bus. I knew squat about politics, but Reagan seemed genuine to me. Believable and trustworthy.

If any of you ever make it out to Southern California for a visit the Ronald Reagan Museum is a must

-Geaux

Reagan, Thatcher, and Pope John Paul II. What a good decade the '80s was.

they also had a good player on the other side. Don't forget him. He deserves it.

And he is the only one still alive.

-Geaux
I debated the Carter Reagan contest on the school bus. I knew squat about politics, but Reagan seemed genuine to me. Believable and trustworthy.

Did he seem " believable and trustworthy " after he was caught is so many lies?

-Geaux

:lol: I was a Carter Marine and a Reagan soldier, and yes, it was a whole better being a Reagan soldier;)

I wasn't old enough during his presidency to remember how I felt, but from what I do know he seemed like a good guy, but a misguided leader. The Republican myth of this great conservative leader is laughable. He would be to the left of Mitt Romney, and quickly primaried in today's Republican party.

President Reagan brought our military back to a world power.

-Geaux

[youtube]oyJjngsudW4[/youtube]

Forum List

Back