Catholic Racist Lunch Menu!

"...watching the Quiet Man."
Delightful old flick...

Also a hateful romp that shows the Irish as boozing fighting degenerate gamblers.

Now excuse me while I go back to drinking my Jameson, watching the game I have the over on, and thinking about picking a fight with the bastard down at the end of the bar.
The Irish side of the family has only been in America since 1890; a great-grandfather; and we're too much the Plastic Paddies nowadays to be offended over something like that.

Given that there's a decent Kunta Kinte coming-home story and a romance and some mischievous fun embedded in it, with some delightful sketch-acting by O'Hara and Wayne, most folks are happy to overlook the period-piece stereotyping and to just enjoy the thing for the lighthearted romp that it was meant to be.

I suppose that my 4th-generation diluted Irish-half blood could be aroused in anger over this, if I ever bothered to think about it in those terms, but it's obvious that, as a comedic piece, it was designed to play on stereotypes without offering insult, and, in the case of me and my tiny little brain (in the context of such matters), I've always chosen not to be offended.

Helps me to enjoy the movie better that way.

It's a matter of choosing not to be thin-skinned about insults, where none is intended.

It's called acting like a grown-up.

Last edited:
It was if you were wearing a pancho and a big cartoon sombreo.

I was dressed like this.

Mexican-cowboy.jpg

The purple kerchief is pretty offensive.

That hat warrants a congressional complaint.

Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

I think this is more a failed attempt at having some type of culturally diverse menu -- I don't think different subcultures would find the menu offensive except for the fact is was served at a white catholic school.

It's not really racist as I don't believe the school felt prejudice in their hearts, they were just trying to perhaps introduce some southern cooking as much of souther culture is influenced by black Americans, but that's because they were brought here by force.

Racists in the south may not be aware that there dialect comes from the white children who played with black slave children and the mixing of West African with Scottish dialects.

Unintentional racism is usually called having a "Tin Ear".

That's exactly what it is; a laziness of thought. If the school (or any institution) wanted to honor African contributions to North American cuisine they could go with cornbread, blackeyed peas, grits, eggplant, yams and sweet potatoes, melon or gumbo (an African word for okra) -- all of which were introduced by Africans.

That is ridiculous. And stirring up this kind of shit is going to destroy this country.

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Negroes and Libberhoids are now offended by chicken and watermelon? Neg rep'd for being a race-bating asswipe.

OMFG! YOU NEG REPPED ME????????????????????????? MY LIFE IS OVAH!!!!!!

Fuck you Mary.

How did the school come up with this decision? Can you see the meeting?

School Principal: OK, we need to do something to celebrate Black History Month. How about an art project with book reading covering the famous black Americans and their contribution to the country?

Sister Iwannanookie: Too much work. Why not a special lunch.

Father O'Diddle: Will there be lots of little boys there?

Principal: Sure, Father. *wink*

Sister Scissorgrind: I heard on FOX that the negroes like fried chicken and watermelon. How about we serve that for lunch one day?

Father O'Diddle: Can we have some sweet young Twinkies, too?

Principal: Sure, Father. *wink*

Meeting adjourned!

Another classic period-piece that intentionally played off of stereotypes, without intending to insult... an iconic and much-mimicked line...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet Jesus, they should have just ordered Chinese take out smmfh

Oh no, that would be offensive because China is now busy 'taking out' many natural resources from Africa.

FYI, there are many, many KFC outlets around China.

I think this is more a failed attempt at having some type of culturally diverse menu -- I don't think different subcultures would find the menu offensive except for the fact is was served at a white catholic school.

It's not really racist as I don't believe the school felt prejudice in their hearts, they were just trying to perhaps introduce some southern cooking as much of souther culture is influenced by black Americans, but that's because they were brought here by force.

Racists in the south may not be aware that there dialect comes from the white children who played with black slave children and the mixing of West African with Scottish dialects.

What would your menu be at this event?

Persian food.:eusa_angel:

I can dig it! ;)

Lunch today is bacon, fried corn, cucumber chow chow, new potatoes, turnips, roasted asparagus, and fried apples! No turnip greens, though. Good turnip greens don't come chopped up in a bag from the grocery. Good turnip greens come in whole leaf form from the farmer in the fall of the year. Oh God! I'm such a food bigot. I'm just like YUM YUM YUM.

There is an African restaurant in Nashville that is run by some Nigerians. I frickin can't get any of my friends to go there with me. The food is eaten with the hands and not utensils.

Last edited:

Lunch today is bacon, fried corn, cucumber chow chow, new potatoes, turnips, roasted asparagus, and fried apples! No turnip greens, though. Good turnip greens don't come chopped up in a bag from the grocery. Good turnip greens come in whole leaf form from the farmer in the fall of the year. Oh God! I'm such a food bigot. I'm just like YUM YUM YUM.

There is an African restaurant in Nashville that is run by some Nigerians. I frickin can't get any of my friends to go there with me. The food is eaten with the hands and not utensils.

That all sounds delish! I've never had Nigerian food before I would try it at least, some Middle Eastern food is eaten with your hands too especially in the Gulf Arab countries.

That all sounds delish! I've never had Nigerian food before I would try it at least, some Middle Eastern food is eaten with your hands too especially in the Gulf Arab countries.

Yeah, I really want to try to Nigerian place. It is well known that blacks taught whites how to eat. The European diet was very bland. I think a lot of our delicious southern foods are a spin off of the way they seasoned food in Africa. At the very least, they were very creative with what was available to them on the plantations.

I did enjoy the food in Egypt. All except for that ground mutton.

It's absolutely racist perpetuating that stereotype. All hell broke loose a few years back during the Masters when they offered Tiger Woods fried chicken and collard greens. This is no different.

Why is it racist? Cause you say so?

Pardon me if I don't join you in your PC dogmatism.

Yes, because they say so. NTG and Luddley get paid to keep this shit going.

If someone wants to do something nice for you and you fling it back in their face and call them a racist, that is just unacceptable. When I was in China, they tried to give us an 'American' breakfast. Believe me, there is nothing any less American than an 'American' breakfast in China. But they were SO nice for trying.

Perpetuating stereotypes is racist. And this was done 'to honor black history month.'

So I guess you think market demographic researchers are racist as well?

When Wallmart has a Hispanic food isle that is racist too?

lol

I have no idea how I would cook my wonderful stir fry if it weren't for Simply Asia seasoning packets. I can't cook Mexican or Tex Mex even with that kind of help. And I learned in Santa Fe that Mexican and Tex Mex at those restaurants elsewhere in the US are nothing but bastardized versions of the real thing. So good......so good!

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Funny, coming from someone who would call a black republican, a house ******. Your race card is revoked, because it has been used too much.

OMG. The fried apples are SO good. I can't remember the last time I made them, so it may just be that I haven't had any really good ones for a while. Damn, there I go with that food bigot stuff!

Delightful old flick...

Also a hateful romp that shows the Irish as boozing fighting degenerate gamblers.

Now excuse me while I go back to drinking my Jameson, watching the game I have the over on, and thinking about picking a fight with the bastard down at the end of the bar.
The Irish side of the family has only been in America since 1890; a great-grandfather; and we're too much the Plastic Paddies nowadays to be offended over something like that.

Given that there's a decent Kunta Kinte coming-home story and a romance and some mischievous fun embedded in it, with some delightful sketch-acting by O'Hara and Wayne, most folks are happy to overlook the period-piece stereotyping and to just enjoy the thing for the lighthearted romp that it was meant to be.

I suppose that my 4th-generation diluted Irish-half blood could be aroused in anger over this, if I ever bothered to think about it in those terms, but it's obvious that, as a comedic piece, it was designed to play on stereotypes without offering insult, and, in the case of me and my tiny little brain (in the context of such matters), I've always chosen not to be offended.

Helps me to enjoy the movie better that way.

It's a matter of choosing not to be thin-skinned about insults, where none is intended.

It's called acting like a grown-up.

My Irish side came here as free men and women in the 1600s when the Scottish clans started warring. But a lot of Irish were enslaved by the English, and many indentured themselves for a ticket to the new world.

Thanks to genealogy websites, I can trace my roots back to the clan chief, going back to the 1200s.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back