Catholic Racist Lunch Menu!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

What, soul food is offensive now? Every "soul food" restaurant i have ever been in serves fried chicken and corn bread.

Funny how left wingers are so tolerant of jihad terrorists but they can't give Catholic kids the benefit of the doubt on a freaking meal.

it may be thinned skin, but many people have used those foods to stereotype black people...

in reality though, many black people love that food as it is southern food. white people like it too.

It's pretty obvious that the kids thought they were doing the right thing. It didn't take the bigoted low information left wing long to brand them as racists. That's what the left lives for.

it may be thinned skin, but many people have used those foods to stereotype black people...

in reality though, many black people love that food as it is southern food. white people like it too.

"...many people have used those foods to stereotype black people..."

OMFG.

Who are YOU and what have you done with ignorant racist Yurt?

What, soul food is offensive now? Every "soul food" restaurant i have ever been in serves fried chicken and corn bread.
Greens, mac & cheese, hush puppies, black eyed peas...

PC has moved far beyond pathetic.

Someone please explain the appeal of boiled greens to me. A couple friends of mine love them...I tried them and damn near retched. Why the hell do I want to eat WEEDS, again?!

Someone please explain the appeal of boiled greens to me. A couple friends of mine love them...I tried them and damn near retched. Why the hell do I want to eat WEEDS, again?!

I'm with you on that... spinach too. :cheeky-smiley-018:

I'm with you on that... spinach too. :cheeky-smiley-018:
Yeah, same here. The only stuff that's worse than cooked spinach is a combination cooked broccoli/cauliflower. It's horrible, no matter how much melted cheese/cheese whiz you try to add.

New Topics

Forum List

Back