Catholic Racist Lunch Menu!

OMG, leftards and their "offended feewings"

how can FOOD be racist?

is this supposed to be a joke or what?

Perpetuating stereotypes is racist. And this was done 'to honor black history month.' Therefore linking the menu with blacks. It's a well-known, long-held stereotype and used to be depicted in racist propaganda carichatures of blacks eating those food items.

Can bs all you want, but the fact remains.

Historic stereotypical images of blacks and watermelon. (Fair warning, VERY racist imagery.)
The watermelon stereotype | Abagond

General black stereotype and racism info
Stereotypes of African Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Catholicsm and black racism
catholicism and black racism - Google Search

Perpetuating stereotypes is racist. And this was done 'to honor black history month.' Therefore linking the menu with blacks. It's a well-known, long-held stereotype and used to be depicted in racist propaganda carichatures of blacks eating those food items.

Can bs all you want, but the fact remains.

Historic stereotypical images of blacks and watermelon. (Fair warning, VERY racist imagery.)
The watermelon stereotype | Abagond

General black stereotype and racism info
Stereotypes of African Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Catholicsm and black racism
catholicism and black racism - Google Search

:cuckoo:

nobody else eats that food?

it's a typical southern menu :rolleyes:

Perpetuating stereotypes is racist.

No, 'fraid not. Not by itself it isn't. If that were the case mocking a spoken accent would be racist. Racism requires a value judgement: "race A > race B". Without that, it isn't racism. Now some of the images in your link are clearly racist, but that's because they (some of them) make that leap to a value judgement. But the mere presence of watermelon (cornbread, gumbo, whatever) doesn't make racism all by itself.

You can't just walk around the world pointing to everything that in any way refers to some ethnocultural trait and cry "racist". That kind of cavalier pseudo-definition cheapens and trivializes the incidence of real racism.

Last edited:
Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Offensive? sounds delicious to me, hook me up a plate and I'll have some Kool Aid too.

Yeah everyone knows that most blacks in the USA come from the south within a few generations and so most of them eat fried chicken on occasion just like whites from the south.

But the libtards think that is a RACIST stereotype instead of a regional stereotype and so take offense FOR blacks even if no blacks say a damned thing about it.

And of course, some race hussling black libtards will pretend to be offended as well, backing their fellow white libtard's play.

It's all victim mongering bullshit.

Tomorrow I'm having fried corn, turnips cooked with ham hocks, wilted cucumber salad, new potatoes, asparagus, bacon, black eyed peas, and fried apples. If I took any of that to a pot luck, no black in the room would turn their back on it. But Luddly Nutcase would be up on a chair yelling out that I'm a racist for stereotyping blacks with my wonderful southern country food. That tight assed chick needs to go to finishing school, and so do the blacks at that school. People were just trying to do something nice. I, personally, think it is time for white America to be over it. Fuck them. They can accept the gesture gracefully or stay the fuck home. No skin of anyone's nose.

What evidence is there that non-idiotlogical blacks are offended at all in this incident?

Libtards love taking offense on behalf of others that are NOT offended.

Hot cross banned: councils decree buns could be 'offensive' to non-Christians - Telegraph

Schools across Britain have been ordered by local authorities to abandon the ancient tradition of serving hot cross buns at Easter so as not to offend children of non-Christian faiths.

Some councils are refusing to hand out the traditional treats because they fear that the symbol of the cross will spark complaints from Jewish, Hindu and Muslim pupils or their families.

Officials in the London borough of Tower Hamlets decided to remove the buns from menus this year after criticism over its decision to serve pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. A spokesman for the Labour-run council claimed that there had been "a lot" of complaints but did not have a figure.

The spokesman added: "We are moving away from a religious theme for Easter and will not be doing hot cross buns. We can't risk a similar outcry over Easter like the kind we had on Pancake Day. We will probably be serving naan breads instead."
Liverpool council, which is controlled by the Liberal Democrats, also told The Telegraph that the symbol of the cross had the "potential to offend" and buns will no longer be served to children.

Despite this ruling, the council confirmed that it will continue to organise special menus to celebrate events as diverse as the Chinese New Year, Italian National Day and Russian Independence Day.
The Muslim Council of Britain called the decision "very, very bizarre". A spokesman said: "This is absolutely amazing. At the moment, British Muslims are very concerned about the upcoming war with Iraq and are hardly going to be taken aback by a hot cross bun.

"Unfortunately actions like this can only create a backlash and it is not very thoughtful. I wish they would leave us alone. We are quite capable of articulating our own concerns and if we find something offensive, we will say so. We do not need to rely on other people to do it for us.

"British Muslims have been quite happily eating and digesting hot cross buns for many years and I don't think they are suddenly going to be offended."

Although the buns and their distinctive symbols have been a feature of English life for nearly 2,000 years, they have not always been associated with Christianity.

This is like the libtards being offended for Amerindians about the Washington Redskins name, though they did manage to find a few who took their money to complain, and conservatives keep falling for the con.

The con goes like this.

1) Libtards find something, anything that conservatives do, or society in general, that the libtards can have their trained monkeys complain about.

2) The press picks up on the fake protests as proof of a controversy.

3) The press and libbtard pundits then criticize conservatives for being insensitive and racist.

4) The conservative is advised by his PR people that the controversy, no matter how legit, is bad publicity, so the coward then back pedals to avoid the 'controversy'.

5) The libtards then find another issue and another fool of a target to go after.

The victimization complaint process exists because there is a need for the libtards to have a public crusade to be blathering about at every possible second. There is no 'fixing' these things as the libtards simply go to another 'injustice' like women wearing fur coats being insensitive to chinchillas.

The only way to counter this process is for some conservative to become the point man and draw all the libtard heat. He would be in a safe office that he can continue to get re-elected to and then do all the PC violations and get the press on him, like that sheriff in Arizona. When ever there is a controversy he should speak out and draw the press to him and spare the rest of the leaders in the conservative movement.

Libtards also like using this sort of thing to generate sympathy, like Wendie Davis complaining about her opponent bringing up issues about her family, when neither conservatives nor her opponent are saying anything about it. When a libtard complains about being targeted, the press doesn't bother to check out if they are actually being targeted.

The root problem is that Libtards are well organized from top to bottom and they heavily network with each other. Conservatives don't and they often refuse to even meet up with other conservatives. Why I don't know, but it hampers conservative efforts to get anything done.

And that is a lot of the problem. Instead of saying, 'hey we just wanted to do something nice for you, guess we won't be doing that' people start apologizing and curling up into the fetal position because they may have offended some black person, which they didn't really because it was just a way for some liberal to make a stink about something, Paula Deen notwithstanding. If I had been Paula, I would have told them that according to their liberal god I have enough money, so I probably do, and they can take their bullshit and stuff it in their ears.

Luddly needs a book of etiquette and so do those imbeciles. When someone does something nice for you, you accept it graciously. If it misses the mark, you still accept it, but with humor.

This shit is just so damned old and it's not getting any fresher.

Last edited:
What, soul food is offensive now? Every "soul food" restaurant i have ever been in serves fried chicken and corn bread.

Yep.

The PC Police can't help themselves. Imagine going through life in a state of perpetual hypersensitivity. Holy crap.

:laugh:

If a person wants or needs to be offended, they can always justify being offended by just about anything.

I should be offended by myself when I eat Corned beef and Cabbage on St Patricks day while downing shots of Jameson while watching the Quiet Man.

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

Offensive? sounds delicious to me, hook me up a plate and I'll have some Kool Aid too.

IOU rep when I can. You have an overly excessive amount of common sense and good taste in food~! LOL.

I think this is more a failed attempt at having some type of culturally diverse menu -- I don't think different subcultures would find the menu offensive except for the fact is was served at a white catholic school.

It's not really racist as I don't believe the school felt prejudice in their hearts, they were just trying to perhaps introduce some southern cooking as much of souther culture is influenced by black Americans, but that's because they were brought here by force.

Racists in the south may not be aware that there dialect comes from the white children who played with black slave children and the mixing of West African with Scottish dialects.

Unintentional racism is usually called having a "Tin Ear".

I think this is more a failed attempt at having some type of culturally diverse menu -- I don't think different subcultures would find the menu offensive except for the fact is was served at a white catholic school.

It's not really racist as I don't believe the school felt prejudice in their hearts, they were just trying to perhaps introduce some southern cooking as much of souther culture is influenced by black Americans, but that's because they were brought here by force.

Racists in the south may not be aware that there dialect comes from the white children who played with black slave children and the mixing of West African with Scottish dialects.

What would your menu be at this event?

Hard to justify seeing a prejudice in cross buns, since they're older than Christianism anyway:

>> The tradition of baking bread marked with a cross is linked to paganism as well as Christianity. The pagan Saxons would bake cross buns at the beginning of spring in honour of the goddess Eostre - most likely being the origin of the name Easter. The cross represented the rebirth of the world after winter and the four quarters of the moon, as well as the four seasons and the wheel of life.

The Christians saw the Crucifixion in the cross bun and, as with many other pre-Christian traditions, replaced their pagan meaning with a Christian one - the resurrection of Christ at Easter.

According to Elizabeth David, it wasn't until Tudor times that it was permanently linked to Christian celebrations. During the reign of Elizabeth I, the London Clerk of Markets issued a decree forbidding the sale of spiced buns except at burials, at Christmas or on Good Friday. << (Hot Cross Buns through Paganism, Christianity and Superstition)

If anyone should be offended it might logically be Pagans, having had both Easter and cross buns annexed as a kind of spiritual booty.

White history month menu
244_nabisco_premium_saltine_crackers.png
Excellent.. do we get chili with that?... or soup and breadsticks?... yer makin' this Cracka hungry!
tongue_smile.gif

Last edited:

That's exactly what it is; a laziness of thought. If the school (or any institution) wanted to honor African contributions to North American cuisine they could go with cornbread, blackeyed peas, grits, eggplant, yams and sweet potatoes, melon or gumbo (an African word for okra) -- all of which were introduced by Africans.

Interesting to see Kondor in a thread about food. Guess I should essplain...

I had a buddy here in Carolina (since moved) who used to invite me to dinner. Knowing I don't eat anything that has a mother, he'd always tell me "Mrs. Smith is making Condor". :lol:

Tasted pretty good I must say...

That's exactly what it is; a laziness of thought. If the school (or any institution) wanted to honor African contributions to North American cuisine they could go with cornbread, blackeyed peas, grits, eggplant, yams and sweet potatoes, melon or gumbo (an African word for okra) -- all of which were introduced by Africans.
That sounds dubious, maybe some of it is true. Cornbread was a new world European invention using native American corn meal.

As for the topic I think this kind of thing is bound to happen when you set out to celebrate a particular ethnicity. Black history makes no more sense than white history.

What would your menu be at this event?

Persian food.:eusa_angel:

It's absolutely racist perpetuating that stereotype. All hell broke loose a few years back during the Masters when they offered Tiger Woods fried chicken and collard greens. This is no different.

Why is it racist? Cause you say so?

Pardon me if I don't join you in your PC dogmatism.

Forum List

Back