Catholic hypocrisy at its worst

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Catholic hypocrisy at its worst
Bishops condone much more direct contradictions of church dogma. The birth control uproar is a cynical power play
By Gene Lyons
A university chaplain, he no doubt understood how the combination of Rome’s authoritarianism and theological nit-picking tended to drive educated young people from the church. Anyway, everybody knows how that worked out. Next came Humanae Vitae, Pope Paul VI’s 1968 doubling down on the church’s blanket condemnation of artificial means of birth control — a blast from the medieval past as most American Catholics now see it.
Catholic hypocrisy at its worst - Birth Control - Salon.com

More about Obama than actual birth control.

Buried Memories in the Convent on the Hill
Dead Babies, Childhood Images that I had no words for, memories that I dared not talk about have lain in my unconscious for 40 years providing a root of fear
every time I dare step outside the mould.​
Footnote: There were recently Police Investigations of infant skeletons found during renovations to this convent and a number of others. It would seem that the images that came to me as a child in that building did have a factual base to them .
Images that have no words: Dead Babies, Buried Memories and the Convent on the Hill

"Memories of Stone"

The walls held memories

We got the story out .. eventually .. in amongst some gut-wrenching sobs .. an image of sodomy .. an image of the rape of a child - many children. The pain and anguish of the raped and the energy of priestly pedophilia were impregnated into the 200 year old stone walls of the room.

How long they had been there was hard to say, but we did get some very clear interpretations of colors, artifacts and clothing which enabled us to place an approximate date on the events that took place in that room. How could I explain this to a "church official" who was guardian of these "hallowed halls".
Unseen Influences and Memories of Trauma: A Child's Religious Images from the Stones

Government has no business telling religions anything and Religion has no business telling government how it should be run.

Forum List

Back