Carter voted best ex-President

Well, I can't think of any other reason.

The man was challenged as a sitting President in the primaries by Ted Kennedy FFS. "Greatest Presidents" of any sort are not seriously challenged in the primaries when they are running for re-election.

I'm not sure what your saying?
I've just expressed why I would have to question why Carter would be considered as such. Maybe the poll was skewed with people who don't know politics or protocol.
I will comend the man for Habitat for Humainity...that's it.

If Carter would only stick with building homes for poor folks this country would be far far better off.

What the poll appears to indicate is that people remembering the Malaise speech now simply tune him out whenever he opens his yap. So all most of them remember is habitat for Humanity.

Flew Reagan took them down because the solar panels of that era were very short lived and Reagan being an Old guy couldn't stand cold showers.

ah carter.... covertly supported khomeini and encouraged him to depose the shah. leading directly to the hostage crisis and followed up with a nuclear powered Iran in the near future, and one that regularly kills american soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. for an encore returned the panama canal to panama even though panama could not maintain or operate it and consequently contracted the chinese to run it for them. hello?! china? controlling the canal that lets our carrier groups pass between atlantic and pacific oceans in a timely manner and go to support taiwan and Japan in an increasingly china centric theater?

Last edited:
Nope Sorry the Panama Canal can't handle a Nimitz Class Carrier and it woould take longer to get a whole task force through there than it would to go around the Horn or the Cape of Good Hope.

Nope Sorry the Panama Canal can't handle a Nimitz Class Carrier and it would take longer to get a whole task force through there than it would to go around the Horn or the Cape of Good Hope.
if true thanks for the clarification. still the panama canal was a strategic asset if not for military then for shipping.

Nope Sorry the Panama Canal can't handle a Nimitz Class Carrier and it woould take longer to get a whole task force through there than it would to go around the Horn or the Cape of Good Hope.
they are expanding the canal

The man was challenged as a sitting President in the primaries by Ted Kennedy FFS. "Greatest Presidents" of any sort are not seriously challenged in the primaries when they are running for re-election.

I've just expressed why I would have to question why Carter would be considered as such. Maybe the poll was skewed with people who don't know politics or protocol.

I mis-read the thread.

For certain. I think Carter was a very good man. His heart is in the right place, even if he is a little naive.

Voters Say Carter Is Best of Living Ex-Presidents - Rasmussen Reports™

Rasmussen is a conservative pollster, as evidenced by their ads.

No denying that--I had to live through the Carter adminstration as a small business owner. To add--Ronald Reagan kicking Jimmy's behind in a 49 STATE LANDSLIDE should indicate to you youngsters what this country thought of Jimmy Carter.

This idiot's comments ON ANYTHING should be considered totally irrevalent.---:lol: He sure wasn't on CNN declaring liberal racial bias when Condi Rice was being attacked.

View attachment 8172

If you're old enough to have had a business when Carter ran for re-election, then you might want to check your memory about the election results.

Carter didn't only win one state... you're thinkikng of Nixon/McGovern.

United States presidential election, 1980 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carter certainly got his ass kicked in 1980.

He lost the popular vote to Reagan just under 9%.

I mis-read the thread.

For certain. I think Carter was a very good man. His heart is in the right place, even if he is a little naive.
Carter is a very good man?

ROFLMNAO... He has overtly embraced the worst tyrants of his DAY! And used his official capacity to promote their tyranny...

That he postures this evil against the giving away of free housing to the poor is simply the facade which goes hand in hand with his overiding communist traits.

Yip, but he never got us into a unnecessary war, now did he?

Look what happened to America under his watch. Hostages taken, a failed Military attempt to free them, recession, double digit unemployment, along with double digit inflation, mortgage rates at 19-20%.
Care to expound on your pathetically failing post James. I didn't think you would :lol:

Don't forget the every-other-day gas lines waiting 30-45 mins for your max $5 of gas.

Yip, but he never got us into a unnecessary war, now did he?

Look what happened to America under his watch. Hostages taken, a failed Military attempt to free them, recession, double digit unemployment, along with double digit inflation, mortgage rates at 19-20%.
Care to expound on your pathetically failing post James. I didn't think you would :lol:

Don't forget the every-other-day gas lines waiting 30-45 mins for your max $5 of gas.

Yeah, I forgot about that one, thanks...my memory must be fading. :lol:

Forum List

Back