Jindal blocks non-existent state funding for ACORN

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » Jindal blocks non-existent state funding for ACORN.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal issued an executive order to keep any state money from going to the controversy-wracked Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, which has its national headquarters in New Orleans.

According to the state’s Division of Administration, no state agencies have existing contracts with ACORN

State, federal officials cut off money to ACORN - Louisiana Politics | State Legislature News - NOLA.com

Nice try anyway Bobby! :lol:

Man, now where have I seen Jindal taking credit for things he hasn't done before, oh yeah:

Think Progress » Jindal takes credit for stimulus, presents constituents with jumbo-sized stimulus check.

However, less than 24 hours before Jindal published his op-ed, Jindal traveled to Anacoco, Louisiana to present a jumbo-sized check to residents of Vernon Parish. The funds included hundreds of thousands of dollars directly from the Recovery Act — at least $157,848 in Community Block Grant money authorized by the Recovery Act and $138,611 for Byrne/JAG job training programs created by the Recovery Act. Rather than credit the federal government or the Recovery Act he opposed, Jindal printed his own name on the corner of the massive check.

What a fucking snake, but unsurprising. :lol:

Hey Bobby! Where did all that money go to anyway?

Think Progress » Jindal spares money for New Orleans Saints while slashing health care and education funding.

2theadvocate.com | News | Jindal wants to tap surplus to pay Saints — Baton Rouge, LA

The Jindal administration wants to use $85 million of a state surplus as well as pay up to $6 million a year to keep the Saints football team in Louisiana, lawmakers said Wednesday.

The deal, described by legislators briefed on the offer, would require the state to pay far less than the $23.5 million the team is receiving in annual cash inducements.

Sorry Johnny that you can't read! Maybe you can go see the Saints if they aren't price gouging you!

Typical Republican. Millions of dollars to very highly paid athletes, not a cent for children's health care.

What I find most interesting about the whole thing is his whole "oil snakesman" approach. I really do hope he runs in 2012, should prove interesting when all of this stuff really does come to light.

Well, he might have a problem with a certain conservative I know in Bozeman, Montana. His statement concerning the stupidity of $50,000,000 for the study of volcanos did not sit well with him. In fact, many conservatives I know on the West Coast found that statement really offensive.

Typical Republican. Millions of dollars to very highly paid athletes, not a cent for children's health care.

What I find most interesting about the whole thing is his whole "oil snakesman" approach. I really do hope he runs in 2012, should prove interesting when all of this stuff really does come to light.

I hope should he run on the national stage they look at his "leadership" during the last budget crisis... which consisted of repeatedly threatening vetoes without actually offering guidance as to what he would find acceptable.

He's turned out to be the stereotypical politician. A chicken plant opens and Bobby Jindal is there in a flash. A crisis that requires leadership occurs and he's off in Iowa setting up a primary bid. I am not a fan of the guy.

Think Progress » Jindal blocks non-existent state funding for ACORN.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal issued an executive order to keep any state money from going to the controversy-wracked Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, which has its national headquarters in New Orleans.

According to the state’s Division of Administration, no state agencies have existing contracts with ACORN
State, federal officials cut off money to ACORN - Louisiana Politics | State Legislature News - NOLA.com

Nice try anyway Bobby! :lol:

<snipped partisan bullshit>!
bobby(IE Robert) not reading for comprehension today

I didn't realize facts were partisan bullshit.

Here's what happened:

Jindal issued an exec order to keep any money from ACORN who's HQ is in New Orleans.

The Problem with that order?

They weren't giving any money to ACORN. It would be like a general sending out troops into the field where there are no opposing forces.

I didn't realize facts were partisan bullshit.

Here's what happened:

Jindal issued an exec order to keep any money from ACORN who's HQ is in New Orleans.

The Problem with that order?

They weren't giving any money to ACORN. It would be like a general sending out troops into the field where there are no opposing forces.
since those items had nothing to do with the top of the op they were added for paritsan reasons, nothing more
they had nothing to do with the topic of ACORN funding
and the order was not to cut off funding so much as to insure there wouldnt be future funding

since those items had nothing to do with the top of the op they were added for paritsan reasons, nothing more
and the order was not to cut off funding so much as to insure there wouldnt be future funding

Hard to be future funding when the group isn't going to exist in the near future due to no funding. Unless of course you do think he's going to give them funding. Plus, no Democrat at this point is going to give them funding unless they want to lose a election.

This is what we call political grandstanding.

Hard to be future funding when the group isn't going to exist in the near future due to no funding. Unless of course you do think he's going to give them funding. Plus, no Democrat at this point is going to give them funding unless they want to lose a election.

This is what we call political grandstanding.
you might have a point if this have been a month or more from now
but as it is, they did the right thing
and ACORN has changed names so we have to make sure the NEW name doesnt get funding in a back door way

and ACORN has changed names so we have to make sure the NEW name doesnt get funding in a back door way

A month from now, ACORN will not nearly be in the news as much most likely. Jindal is capitalizing on this issue while it's hot. This would of been the right decision IF there were funding to cut, however there wasn't. This was merely a "Look at me! I'm doing something too!" sort of thing.

Of course companies with bad reputations change their names, the tobacco companies do it all the time. However, we still know that they're Philip Morris or whatever. No one is going to confuse them for a candy company.

ACORN is going to lose it's funding, and go out of business. The heads will surely try another way, but they will fail.

A month from now, ACORN will not nearly be in the news as much most likely. Jindal is capitalizing on this issue while it's hot. This would of been the right decision IF there were funding to cut, however there wasn't. This was merely a "Look at me! I'm doing something too!" sort of thing.

Of course companies with bad reputations change their names, the tobacco companies do it all the time. However, we still know that they're Philip Morris or whatever. No one is going to confuse them for a candy company.

ACORN is going to lose it's funding, and go out of business. The heads will surely try another way, but they will fail.
no, it was Jindal doing his job
you are just being a partisan hack by claiming he was wrong

Doing his job? My previous entries in my OP showed he isn't doing his job. I'm not being a "partisan hack" as you surely love to call me. As I am not a member of any political party, calling me a partisan is about as correct as saying Dubya or Carter were good Presidents. So in other words, you're dead wrong.

I see bullshit when I see it, and this is what Jindal was doing. I never even said what he was doing was wrong. I'm merely saying he was doing it for political grandstanding.

If you weren't playing the role of partisan, you'd see that. Jindal was merely trying to make his political support bigger not only in his home state but across the country by doing this. Republicans will say, "Wow, look at him cutting their funding like that. What a great leader he is."

This is the same as when the Dems said they were going to Censure Wilson. Useless bullshit that is mere Political Grandstanding.

Tell me when he actually does something useful.

Doing his job? My previous entries in my OP showed he isn't doing his job. I'm not being a "partisan hack" as you surely love to call me. As I am not a member of any political party, calling me a partisan is about as correct as saying Dubya or Carter were good Presidents. So in other words, you're dead wrong.

I see bullshit when I see it, and this is what Jindal was doing. I never even said what he was doing was wrong. I'm merely saying he was doing it for political grandstanding.

If you weren't playing the role of partisan, you'd see that. Jindal was merely trying to make his political support bigger not only in his home state but across the country by doing this. Republicans will say, "Wow, look at him cutting their funding like that. What a great leader he is."

This is the same as when the Dems said they were going to Censure Wilson. Useless bullshit that is mere Political Grandstanding.

Tell me when he actually does something useful.
THIS was something useful
and YES you were being a partisan hack in your OP

Except it did nothing. What do you expect? For ACORN to lie on Federal forms? Nice quick way to a prison. :eusa_eh:

And no, I wasn't being a partisan hack in my OP. I was merely pointing out that Jindal has a case of being a bullshitter. I mean holy shit Batman if Obama did something like this, you'd be in my shoes most likely.

Take note: I'll call out Jindal, the Dems, etc. Whoever I consider to be simply doing shit for political grandstanding. This time, we disagree. However, I am not bound to one party or any party. I will vote based upon my principles, which is what the founding fathers wanted us to do.

Except it did nothing. What do you expect? For ACORN to lie on Federal forms? Nice quick way to a prison. :eusa_eh:

And no, I wasn't being a partisan hack in my OP. I was merely pointing out that Jindal has a case of being a bullshitter. I mean holy shit Batman if Obama did something like this, you'd be in my shoes most likely.

Take note: I'll call out Jindal, the Dems, etc. Whoever I consider to be simply doing shit for political grandstanding. This time, we disagree. However, I am not bound to one party or any party. I will vote based upon my principles, which is what the founding fathers wanted us to do.
yes, it DOES do something
it blocks FUTURE FUNDING

it blocks FUTURE FUNDING

Except who's going to give them funding realistically?

Jindal? A future politician who will risk their entire political career on giving some money to a non-profit organization that seemingly does nothing?

Do you really think that's going to happen? Honestly Dive, think. This is political grandstanding at it's finest.

Now, if and when ACORN does try to get funding from that state in the future, THEN this will have done something. Until then however, it has done nothing. As there were no current thing to be done.

$common_sense_god_damn_super_power.jpg

it blocks FUTURE FUNDING

Except who's going to give them funding realistically?

Jindal? A future politician who will risk their entire political career on giving some money to a non-profit organization that seemingly does nothing?

Do you really think that's going to happen? Honestly Dive, think. This is political grandstanding at it's finest.

Now, if and when ACORN does try to get funding from that state in the future, THEN this will have done something. Until then however, it has done nothing. As there were no current thing to be done.

View attachment 8189
not when it was JUST DONE NOW
sheeesh
it was likely in process before it passed, NO?

and i hope Jindal modifies it so NO part of ACORN can get funding either, like the renamed COI

not when it was JUST DONE NOW
sheeesh
it was likely in process before it passed, NO?

Show me that report.

Again, I'm for this action by Jindal, if there was anything to ban. However, if you seriously think ACORN has any sort of future after this incident, then you are not thinking.

The company is going to lose all federal funding and all state funding where states were ACTUALLY GIVING THEM funding. No funding means no company. Besides, anything ACORN or the leaders of ACORN do will be closely watched in the future.

And again, do you think they're going to lie on Federal forms? Besides, do you know who runs the whole Form a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation process? The IRS. Take a good look at the history of the people who thought they could fuck with the IRS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back