Carolina cop gets 20 years for shooting unarmed citizen

finally, at least one of these bad police shootings resulted in some justice .

This is the one where the guy was running away after a traffic stop . The cop shot him in the back . Then dropped his taser near the body to cover his ass . Good thing there was a witness video , or the cop would’ve gotten away with it .

Walter Scott shooting: Ex-officer Michael Slager sentenced to 20 years - CNN
And Jose Zarate walks free, something is deadly wrong in this country.

This is the one where the guy was running away after a traffic stop . The cop shot him in the back . Then dropped his taser near the body to cover his ass . Good thing there was a witness video , or the cop would’ve gotten away with it .

Not the country, loon, talk to the jury

CA is a banana republic for all intents and purposes but this guy deserved jail and SC is civilized and first world.

The SCOTUS ruled that the police are not there to protect the public. They are in place to enforce acts, statutes, codes, ordinances and "public policy" for the corporate entity that they work for. They stopped being "peace officers" when every city, country and town "incorporated". Have you ever traveled and saw a sign that read "Entering Corporate Limits"? That means you have left the jurisdiction of the county you were traveling through and have entered the jurisdiction of the city/town. It's all about raising revenue. Cops have become nothing but revenue raisers that have to justify their employment by issuing citations. Bonuses are given when they "bust" someone that might have violated one of their "acts". They can run your plates through the system just because they are behind you or if you look suspicious and if you have a prior? They can find a reason to pull you over. Former police officers have come forward and said that the term is called "fishing".

I am glad that the cop is going to jail.......he deserves serious time.

Now, if only they would lock up actual, violent gun criminals for 20 years when they use a gun to commit a crime, we would actually make some more progress in lowering our gun crime rate.......locking up police officers....yeah, that isn't how you do it.

This police officer IS a criminal.

Is that impossible in your little Dichotomous Bubble?

I think being a cop should put you in a position for harsher punishments for wanton acts of violence. WE place a trust in them that is violated when they murder someone. And even worse when they try to cover it it.

But yes, 2a, I agree we should be putting tougher sentences on criminals who use a gun.

Now, if only they would lock up actual, violent gun criminals for 20 years when they use a gun to commit a crime, we would actually make some more progress in lowering our gun crime rate.......locking up police officers....yeah, that isn't how you do it.

I think being a cop should put you in a position for harsher punishments for wanton acts of violence. WE place a trust in them that is violated when they murder someone. And even worse when they try to cover it it.

But yes, 2a, I agree we should be putting tougher sentences on criminals who use a gun.
The NRA has tried to do just that and scum politicians block it each time.

I would be fine with punishing bent cops with death by crucifixion.

Wow how savage the left wing sounds. Crucifixion for anyone, let alone cops? Wow. The cop was wrong and he will pay, just as it should be. But how hypocritical of the left wing to praise this ruling yet condemn the rulings that prove the cop innocent. There is something seriously wrong with the left wing.

I am just glad I am not a cop. I can see where this cop hating is leading, anarchy or more cops that are less than desirable because no one wants a job where 1/2 the population hates you just because you wear a badge.

I guess the answer is to have 13 percent of the population control everything, that way they should only have themselves to blame. Of course we know that won't happen.

Wow how savage the left wing sounds. Crucifixion for anyone, let alone cops? Wow. The cop was wrong and he will pay, just as it should be. But how hypocritical of the left wing to praise this ruling yet condemn the rulings that prove the cop innocent. There is something seriously wrong with the left wing.

I am just glad I am not a cop. I can see where this cop hating is leading, anarchy or more cops that are less than desirable because no one wants a job where 1/2 the population hates you just because you wear a badge.

I guess the answer is to have 13 percent of the population control everything, that way they should only have themselves to blame. Of course we know that won't happen.
Replace the word "cop" with "teacher"...do you still agree?

Naah...you aren't a cop, just a badge bunny.

Forum List

Back