Carlson queries Trump, Desantis, Pense, Ramaswamy, Noem, Abbot others seriously respond with their stance on the Russia-Ukraine war

Decide if you're going to be pro-war or anti-war, then revise your comments to suit. Many of us are about to find new allies and friends, as well as new enemies.
I suspect the USG won’t make any new friends, but just might make a lot of new enemies.

The following is good analysis in my humble opinion.

Meanwhile, many years of arrogant and oppressive American behavior towards so many other major countries has produced a powerful backlash of support for Russia. According to news reports, the Iranians have provided the Russians with large numbers of their advanced drones, which have been effectively deployed against the Ukrainians. Since World War II, our alliance with Saudi Arabia has been a linchpin of our Middle Eastern policy, but the Saudis have now repeatedly sided with the Russians on oil production issues, completely ignoring America’s demands despite threats of retaliation from Congress. Turkey has NATO’s largest military, but it is closely cooperating with Russia on natural gas shipments. India has also moved closer to Russia on crucial issues, ignoring the sanctions we have imposed on Russian oil. Except for our political vassal states, most major world powers seem to be lining up on Russia’s side.

Since World War II one of the central pillars of global American dominance has been the status of the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency and our associated control over the international banking system. Until recently we always presented our role as neutral and administrative, but we have increasingly begun weaponizing that power, using our position to punish those states we disliked, and this is naturally forcing other countries to seek alternatives. Perhaps the world could tolerate our freezing the financial assets of relatively small countries such as Venezuela or Afghanistan, but our seizure of Russia’s $300 billion in foreign reserves obviously tipped the balance, and major countries are increasingly seeking to shift their transactions away from the dollar and the banking network that we control. Although the economic decline of the EU has caused a corresponding fall in the Euro and driven up the dollar by default, the longer-term prospects for our continued currency hegemony hardly seem good. And given our horrendous budget and trade deficits, a flight from the dollar might easily collapse the US economy.

Soon after the outbreak of the Ukraine War, the eminent historian Alfred McCoy argued that we were witnessing the geopolitical birth of a new world order, one built around a Russia-China alliance that would dominate the Eurasian landmass. His discussion with Amy Goodman has been viewed nearly two million times.
War and Propaganda in the Russia-Ukraine Conflict

I suspect the USG won’t make any new friends, but just might make a lot of new enemies.

The following is good analysis in my humble opinion.

Meanwhile, many years of arrogant and oppressive American behavior towards so many other major countries has produced a powerful backlash of support for Russia. According to news reports, the Iranians have provided the Russians with large numbers of their advanced drones, which have been effectively deployed against the Ukrainians. Since World War II, our alliance with Saudi Arabia has been a linchpin of our Middle Eastern policy, but the Saudis have now repeatedly sided with the Russians on oil production issues, completely ignoring America’s demands despite threats of retaliation from Congress. Turkey has NATO’s largest military, but it is closely cooperating with Russia on natural gas shipments. India has also moved closer to Russia on crucial issues, ignoring the sanctions we have imposed on Russian oil. Except for our political vassal states, most major world powers seem to be lining up on Russia’s side.

Since World War II one of the central pillars of global American dominance has been the status of the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency and our associated control over the international banking system. Until recently we always presented our role as neutral and administrative, but we have increasingly begun weaponizing that power, using our position to punish those states we disliked, and this is naturally forcing other countries to seek alternatives. Perhaps the world could tolerate our freezing the financial assets of relatively small countries such as Venezuela or Afghanistan, but our seizure of Russia’s $300 billion in foreign reserves obviously tipped the balance, and major countries are increasingly seeking to shift their transactions away from the dollar and the banking network that we control. Although the economic decline of the EU has caused a corresponding fall in the Euro and driven up the dollar by default, the longer-term prospects for our continued currency hegemony hardly seem good. And given our horrendous budget and trade deficits, a flight from the dollar might easily collapse the US economy.

Soon after the outbreak of the Ukraine War, the eminent historian Alfred McCoy argued that we were witnessing the geopolitical birth of a new world order, one built around a Russia-China alliance that would dominate the Eurasian landmass. His discussion with Amy Goodman has been viewed nearly two million times.
War and Propaganda in the Russia-Ukraine Conflict
Russia is gaining friends. But it matters little when the possibility of nuclear war is now in the hands of America. Pay attention to how people like John Bolton close the circle around Biden and his agenda.

If China get into the arms and munitions business to Russia, it's likely the only way the war can end is when there are no Ukrainians left.

And even then, some others will likely step in to at least look like they're still pulling the triggers for America.

You still havent explained what was brilliant in Putin’s attack

Planning?
Execution?
Results?

Obviously, he knew Biden's pathetic response would give him an opening to form a new, stronger alliance with China. President Silver Alert walked right into it (of course), and you clap like a seal every time. China and Russia are both stronger while you get off on the dead Ukrainian women and children.

Also of interest is Hersh predicting that America is about to become 'directly' involved in the Ukraine war.
It’s beyond crazy should the US directly intervene. I don’t doubt they might. The idiots in DC have lost their minds. Putin hatred has warped their minds.

It’s beyond crazy should the US directly intervene. I don’t doubt they might. The idiots in DC have lost their minds. Putin hatred has warped their minds.
Hard to predict just how America could intervene directly? There's so much that we know is prohibitive with anything of consequence to Russia. Maybe some kind of equal reaction to the accusation.l

Who do we believe? Russia claims to have not physically contacted the US drone?

Therefore, Russia doesn't want it to be true.
And America wants it to be true.

Hopefully it will be patched up in the same way that the cruise missile hitting the Chinese embassy in Serbia was done. Neither side gets blamed.

The big question for me is the fact that Russia is about to complete their mission and that has to be interrupted.

NATO definitely needs to carry their share of their defense, and they don't. They didn't get up to the 2% agreement while Donny was in office either except for 4 countries. All he did was bellow and piss people off.
During the 2014 summit, all NATO members agreed to spend at least 2% of their GDPs on defense by 2025. In 2017, only four nations met the threshold: The United States (3.6%), Greece (2.4%), the United Kingdom (2.1%), and Poland (2.0%). However, by 2021, ten countries were meeting the percentage target.

Top 10 NATO Countries with the Highest Defense Expenditures (by % of 2021 GDP)

1. Greece — 3.82%
  2. United States — 3.52%
  3. Croatia — 2.79%
  4. United Kingdom — 2.29%
  5. Estonia — 2.28%
  6. Latvia — 2.27%
  7. Poland — 2.10%
  8. Lithuania — 2.03%
  9. Romania — 2.02%
  10. France — 2.01
  11. NATO Spending by Country 2023
Trump also said their agreements were not enough. He was correct.

Hard to predict just how America could intervene directly? There's so much that we know is prohibitive with anything of consequence to Russia. Maybe some kind of equal reaction to the accusation.l

Who do we believe? Russia claims to have not physically contacted the US drone?

Therefore, Russia doesn't want it to be true.
And America wants it to be true.

Hopefully it will be patched up in the same way that the cruise missile hitting the Chinese embassy in Serbia was done. Neither side gets blamed.

The big question for me is the fact that Russia is about to complete their mission and that has to be interrupted.
Reports are that the Russian Su-27s dumped jet fuel on the drone as well.

Sounds like you support democracy and home rule at home, but it stops at the water's edge, and countries belong to whoever can conquer them. That ought to be good for world stability, eh?
Despite the spread of democracy being a noble goal, the US can't be the world's police force. Ukraine is Europe's problem, not ours.

Ukraine is a wannabe democracy, perhaps, if the money is right.

When Zelensky declared martial law in Ukraine, he banned all opposition and then signed a decree that combines all national television channels into a single platform that he controls.

Is this your kind of Democracy?

Here is a video of Zelensky using his "democratic" powers, as you say, banning the Orthodox Church....

Ukraine is comparably as democratic as Russia, which is inconcept a federal democratic state with most power resting in the hands of one man.

Is this worth $113B to you and your children?

Would you send your children to fight for this Democracy? Or just their money? You might actually have to answer this question in the near future, if folks like Pence get their way.

We should work on our own Democracy. We have some issues here.

Turn off CNN.

Regards,
Jim

Trump also said their agreements were not enough. He was correct.
When he said that, we were about the only ones exceeding the 2% of GDP of the 2014 agreement. It was even worse back in Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama days. 2% is not a bad number for your own defense and I don't think the 2% number is all military hardware and troop training, by reading that article I posted earlier in this thread. If looking at just the 2% number, we still pay a heck of a lot more, due to what 2% of our economy is compared to any or theirs. That said, stability of Europe in economically, politically, and democratically import to this country and nobody here really wants to wait until there is a battle for the continent, as we have seen what that leads to, twice.

Despite the spread of democracy being a noble goal, the US can't be the world's police force. Ukraine is Europe's problem, not ours.

Ukraine is a wannabe democracy, perhaps, if the money is right.

When Zelensky declared martial law in Ukraine, he banned all opposition and then signed a decree that combines all national television channels into a single platform that he controls.

Here is a video of Zelensky using his "democratic" powers, as you say, banning the Orthodox Church....

Ukraine is comparably as democratic as Russia, which is inconcept a federal democratic state with most power resting in the hands of one man.

Is this worth $113B to you and your children?

Would you send your children to fight for this Democracy? Or just their money? You might actually have to answer this question in the near future, if folks like Pence get their way.

We should work on our own Democracy. We have some issues here.

Turn off CNN.

Regards,
Jim

One of my sons already fought for democracy. My older brother fought for democracy. My dad fought for democracy. Me and one of my sons, Army, my dad, Navy, my oldest brother Marines, none of us draftees. If I had any kids young enough, I would support what they decided to do.

Working to support democracy, even if just materially in the world is important. Democracy is fine where I live, and I support it here, also.

Turn off FOX NEWS.

Sincerely,
White 6, Actual.

Forum List

Back