captive soldier fears he will never come home

I normally stay out of these threads as my experiences with Afghanistan merely come back to me when I engage in them. I reality, my two vacations "over there" would best be forgotten.

I hope this kid stays strong, but I am afraid that he hasn't. The video that I watched of him shows that he hasn't, but who could blame him. I want this soldier home, but the simple fact of the matter is that he will never come home. That is the plight of the POW in the Middle East. Rather than hoping this soldier home, we should be hoping a rain of fire down on these bastards the like of which the world has ever seen. My thoughts are with this soldier, but my prayers are for justice.

I normally stay out of these threads as my experiences with Afghanistan merely come back to me when I engage in them. I reality, my two vacations "over there" would best be forgotten.
(Snipped for hope)
That is the plight of the POW in the Middle East. Rather than hoping this soldier home, we should be hoping a rain of fire down on these bastards the like of which the world has ever seen. My thoughts are with this soldier, but my prayers are for justice.

My prayers are for his safe return AND swift hellfire rain down on these bastards.

Thank you for your service. May the Peace that we all seek follow you now and always

The taliban is using this Soldier for propaganda. They will keep him alive as long as it serves their purposes. I hope our Military SF, can get to him soon

unfortunately, I don't doubt that they;ll alsop slaughter him the like the vermin they are the moment they think it'll serve their purposes.

Wow, you have just shown yourself to not be a complete shit stain.
You sound surprised? :eusa_eh:

If you don't mind my asking, do you think the current tactics are 'working'?

I hope this kid stays strong, but I am afraid that he hasn't. The video that I watched of him shows that he hasn't, but who could blame him.
I couldn't...

I want this soldier home, but the simple fact of the matter is that he will never come home. That is the plight of the POW in the Middle East.

I would imagine that the worst part would be the waiting

Rather than hoping this soldier home, we should be hoping a rain of fire down on these bastards the like of which the world has ever seen.

Good luck with that; the leftards in DC won't let our troops do what they need to do to win- that's what i've heard from every soldier I've heard speak on the matter, at least

The taliban is using this Soldier for propaganda. They will keep him alive as long as it serves their purposes. I hope our Military SF, can get to him soon

unfortunately, I don't doubt that they;ll alsop slaughter him the like the vermin they are the moment they think it'll serve their purposes.

Wow, you have just shown yourself to not be a complete shit stain.
You sound surprised? :eusa_eh:

If you don't mind my asking, do you think the current tactics are 'working'?

I couldn't...

I want this soldier home, but the simple fact of the matter is that he will never come home. That is the plight of the POW in the Middle East.

I would imagine that the worst part would be the waiting

Rather than hoping this soldier home, we should be hoping a rain of fire down on these bastards the like of which the world has ever seen.

Good luck with that; the leftards in DC won't let our troops do what they need to do to win- that's what i've heard from every soldier I've heard speak on the matter, at least

It isn't working on the soldiers. There is a reason why they quit cutting peoples heads off in Iraq. It wasn't working. Every time a soldier was captured. Patrols were stepped up. More doors were kicked in. The insurrgents got the opposite of what they wanted. It remains to be seen how this is gonna work in Afghanistan. They are testing a new administration. Hopefully, this new administration has the resolve to not let this kind of thing affect the way they conduct their business in Afghan. I have hope for that, though it is continually fading.

And it wasn't just the leftards. The previous administartion had a way fucking things up in Afghan too. I was there when about 65% of our resources got on a plane and went to Iraq.

We are a military family. Each day we pray for all of our men and women in uniform, be them in harms way or not. Make no mistake, we understand the reality of conflict.

As a nation we should reject such video's and not let their message of fear get into our heads. We have to stay on task as a military and as a supportive nation, that will serve our loved ones the most.

We need to stay vigilant is our support and thankfulness for our men and women who choose to take the oath to protect and serve and we must not let politics dampen that mission. We can debate the political views in another venue.

This young man and his loved ones need our positive support, no matter how we personally express that, be it through prayer, good wishes or whatever. They need to know that as a nation we stand with them as one, as we should do with all of our men and women in uniform.

This young mans situation is very serious and history teaches us that it may not have a positive outcome, but, we cannot give in to that, we must continue forward doing all we can to help him and to support his loved ones.

Leave the politics at the door.

For the last few years, we heard all about Iraq; from the perspective of a civilian in the States, it seemed like Afghanistan was forgotten, the dirty secret nobody spoke about because they couldn't spin it into a great American victory

For the last few years, we heard all about Iraq; from the perspective of a civilian in the States, it seemed like Afghanistan was forgotten, the dirty secret nobody spoke about because they couldn't spin it into a great American victory

Please stop

as we sit on our asses ...running our mouths...bickering....this is the real world:

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home

WASHINGTON – The American soldier who went missing June 30 from his base in eastern Afghanistan and was later confirmed to have been captured, said in a video posted by the Taliban that he's "scared I won't be able to go home."

The GI is in a war zone. Capture was always a possibility.

Don't we train them for this?

Since when has going wussy as national policy over this sort of thing become the way to see this?

I can understand that the GI's family is distraught, but does the whole country think that OURS are exempt from the natural consequences of war on foreign soil? Everyone that goes to war does not get to "come home." That is very sad, but it is the reality of war.

I suggest those definitions of "pawn" as relates to military operations are fully in force, as they always have been, but also believe that we give enemies more power by reacting to this as a nation of the militarily wussy.

As for what happens to the prisoners WE take, we only know what we are told....

PAWN

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

A pawn is a peon, or other powerless person. It is often a word used to describe someone or something that is used or manipulated.

Middle English, from Old French pedon, paon, from Medieval Latin pedō, pedōn-, foot soldier, from Late Latin, one who has wide feet, from Latin pēs, ped-, foot.

Given the history of that region, his chances of surviving are slim to none.

Willow, your AWOL bastard failed to do what was neccessary after the initial occupation of Afghanistan. And now, we get the oppertunity to fight the Taliban all over again because of his criminal stupidity. Afghanistan has been known as the graveyard of empires for centuries for good reason. You mess up there, and they cut you no slack. The Bush program of torture and failure to work on infrastructure has convinced all to many Afghans that we are just another empire.

I predict the next world war will be driven by actions of either paki/afghan, or iran.

There are only 2 solutions to dealing with afghan, and that is to completely pull out, or conduct a total scorched earth policy of mass slaughter.

From a military standpoint, a solution is even less likely or achievable than it would be in iraq. There is broad, local public support at the grassroots level for the taliban in large parts of afghan, and they enjoy nearly infinite funding from large parts of saudi society who is enjoying huge amounts of oil revenue.

As americans, we are funding the war on both sides, driving oil-consuming vehicles and defense expenditures.

There are only 2 solutions to dealing with afghan, and that is to completely pull out, or conduct a total scorched earth policy of mass slaughter. .
You're an idiot. Just like Iraq, the only viable solution is to win over the Afghani people and guide the emergence of a coalition government capable of maintaining order and that refuses to harbor Al Queda and others like them.

There are only 2 solutions to dealing with afghan, and that is to completely pull out, or conduct a total scorched earth policy of mass slaughter. .
You're an idiot. Just like Iraq, the only viable solution is to win over the Afghani people and guide the emergence of a coalition government capable of maintaining order and that refuses to harbor Al Queda and others like them.

Don't start with the personal insults. If you cannot debate my points, shut up and sidestep my posts.

I am getting sick of a minority of people on this board like you who cannot discuss with any intelligence.

Of course, we all hope this boy's fate will be to come home.

The Afghanistanis (probably the Pashtuns) who are holding him captive?

He's just another foreign infidel whose presence in their land is unwelcomed.

Those people do not want to be just like us, and I seriously doubt that anything short of genocide is going to change their attitudes.

I want this soldier home, but the simple fact of the matter is that he will never come home. That is the plight of the POW in the Middle East. Rather than hoping this soldier home, we should be hoping a rain of fire down on these bastards the like of which the world has ever seen. My thoughts are with this soldier, but my prayers are for justice.

+100

The smartest person in the thread just spoke, so the thread can indeed, be cryogenically frozen.

Of course, we all hope this boy's fate will be to come home.The Afghanistanis (probably the Pashtuns) who are holding him captive?He's just another foreign infidel whose presence in their land is unwelcomed.

Which would be fine, except they are exporting their diseased death cult - along with its requisite terrorism - into other people's countries, and so long as they prefer to do so, and not keep it within the boundaries of their own national shitholes, we have no choice but to take the battle to them.

Those people do not want to be just like us, and I seriously doubt that anything short of genocide is going to change their attitudes.

I vote for genocide, then...

Of course, we all hope this boy's fate will be to come home.The Afghanistanis (probably the Pashtuns) who are holding him captive?He's just another foreign infidel whose presence in their land is unwelcomed.

Which would be fine, except they are exporting their diseased death cult - along with its requisite terrorism - into other people's countries, and so long as they prefer to do so, and not keep it within the boundaries of their own national shitholes, we have no choice but to take the battle to them.

History does seem to indicate that that sort of thing doesn't work.

Bones.. while it's a long shot.. there is always hope.

U.S. hostage escapes captors in Iraq
By Jim Michaels and Larry Copeland, USA TODAY
BAGHDAD — Thomas Hamill, the Mississippi truck driver captured by insurgents three weeks ago, arrived in Germany on Monday after he escaped from his captors Sunday and ran toward a convoy of U.S. troops south of Tikrit. His wife, Kellie, was expected to be reunited with him there.

USATODAY.com - U.S. hostage escapes captors in Iraq

I actually understand that attitude better than you might imagine.

I just don't think the methods we're currently using are going to do anything but get a lot of our boys killed while supporting the Taliban by giving them somebody to focus their hatred on.

Let to their own devices they're so busy killing themselves they haven't time to travel overseas to kill people.

As to Alqada?

Those aliens to Afghanistan were thanks to us, remember?

Going in to route them out after 9-11 was a completely sensible policy.

Staying there indefinitely to keep them out is not only not productive, I suspect that it's counterproductive.

Forum List

Back