captive soldier fears he will never come home

Bones, I don't hold out much hope for him. His captors are known barbarians, they will cut his head off.. but,, we will serve them tea and speak in low soft voices.

our country is gone.

i so hope you are wrong on this....so much....

and lets try to remember..we have posters who have kids in the war....i cant name them...but i am sure we do....lets try to keep this from being a thread on the worst of things

The ones who have kids in the war are the ones who know the reality of it.

Given the history of that region, his chances of surviving are slim to none.

Willow, your AWOL bastard failed to do what was neccessary after the initial occupation of Afghanistan. And now, we get the oppertunity to fight the Taliban all over again because of his criminal stupidity. Afghanistan has been known as the graveyard of empires for centuries for good reason. You mess up there, and they cut you no slack. The Bush program of torture and failure to work on infrastructure has convinced all to many Afghans that we are just another empire.

fix em some tea and read your army field manuel wuZzy

Air Force Manual, in my case, old girl.

There are only 2 solutions to dealing with afghan, and that is to completely pull out, or conduct a total scorched earth policy of mass slaughter. .
You're an idiot. Just like Iraq, the only viable solution is to win over the Afghani people and guide the emergence of a coalition government capable of maintaining order and that refuses to harbor Al Queda and others like them.

Yes, that is correct. And the failure of the last administration to realize this has really put us behind the eight ball. Can our military and the policy President Obama is pursueing actually repair the damage? I hope so, and hope that it will get our people out of there
ASAP.

the reality of it? there is no sacrifice on the homefront? no continued death toll..that has stopped ...the media no longer beats the drums of war...they have moved on...while our troops continue to die...yes military families know the reality of war....but i know this...as long as there is no body...or execution video....there should and will be hope...

did yall miss my comment...about if they kill the young man...letting hell rain down on them....
i agree with crimson...we need to go in hard and heavy but in all honesty....i would not do it with troops...as long as pakistan is allow to interfer there will be no settlement...the administration needs to pressure everyone involved..and make a line in the sand...

Of course, we all hope this boy's fate will be to come home.The Afghanistanis (probably the Pashtuns) who are holding him captive?He's just another foreign infidel whose presence in their land is unwelcomed.

Which would be fine, except they are exporting their diseased death cult - along with its requisite terrorism - into other people's countries, and so long as they prefer to do so, and not keep it within the boundaries of their own national shitholes, we have no choice but to take the battle to them.

Those people do not want to be just like us, and I seriously doubt that anything short of genocide is going to change their attitudes.

I vote for genocide, then...

You are incredibly stupid. It is not the Afghans that are exporting terrorism, not even the Taliban. It is the Al Queda. And if we scorth the earth in Afghanistan, the Al Queda will simply move elsewhere, where they will be more welcome than before, since we have will have shown ourselves to be everything that they claim that we are.

I normally stay out of these threads as my experiences with Afghanistan merely come back to me when I engage in them. I reality, my two vacations "over there" would best be forgotten.

I hope this kid stays strong, but I am afraid that he hasn't. The video that I watched of him shows that he hasn't, but who could blame him. I want this soldier home, but the simple fact of the matter is that he will never come home. That is the plight of the POW in the Middle East. Rather than hoping this soldier home, we should be hoping a rain of fire down on these bastards the like of which the world has ever seen. My thoughts are with this soldier, but my prayers are for justice.

Which is exactly what the Al Queda wants. Time to start fighting this war with our brains and not our guts. And raining hell down on a people, most of whom are just caught between the two sides, is hardly justice. It merely puts us in the position of being just as cruel and stupid as our opponent.

the reality of it? there is no sacrifice on the homefront? no continued death toll..that has stopped ...the media no longer beats the drums of war...they have moved on...while our troops continue to die.. know why? cause the left never gave a shit, they only screamed the body count and screamed to see the coffins cause it was a way to beat up on President Bush.. the shallow ass kissing wussies! .yes military families know the reality of war....but i know this...as long as there is no body...or execution video....there should and will be hope...

did yall miss my comment...about if they kill the young man...letting hell rain down on them....
i agree with crimson...we need to go in hard and heavy but in all honesty....i would not do it with troops...as long as pakistan is allow to interfer there will be no settlement...the administration needs to pressure everyone involved..and make a line in the sand...

Hey Rocks, if you want to attack Bush, go make a thread over in Politics or the Flame Zone. This is about this soldier's plight, not your opinions on our last POTUS.

That soldier is going to die because of the prior POTUS's idiotic policies. Maybe the present POTUS will learn from their failure. Maybe not. As citizens, we must require our leaders to exam and re-exam policies that require this kind of sacrifice from our sons and daughters.

the reality of it? there is no sacrifice on the homefront? no continued death toll..that has stopped ...the media no longer beats the drums of war...they have moved on...while our troops continue to die.. know why? cause the left never gave a shit, they only screamed the body count and screamed to see the coffins cause it was a way to beat up on President Bush.. the shallow ass kissing wussies! .yes military families know the reality of war....but i know this...as long as there is no body...or execution video....there should and will be hope...

Interesting. I see the body count in Afghanistan and Iraq everyday in the paper that serves most of Oregon. And this Sundays headline was about a Marine Cpl. that made the ultimate sacrifice. This is not about who is President, but about policies created by that President. If the policies create failure, then, as citizens, we should hold the President responsible for his failures. No matter which party he belongs to.

Interesting. I see the body count in Afghanistan and Iraq everyday in the paper that serves most of Oregon. And this Sundays headline was about a Marine Cpl. that made the ultimate sacrifice. This is not about who is President, but about policies created by that President. If the policies create failure, then, as citizens, we should hold the President responsible for his failures. No matter which party he belongs to.

you have noticed have you not that MSNBC and CBS abd CNN no longer scroll the names and give the count??? and no more criy's about why we don't see the coffins... go blow that smoke somewhere else.. it's obvious..

You are incredibly stupid. It is not the Afghans that are exporting terrorism, not even the Taliban. It is the Al Queda. And if we scorth the earth in Afghanistan, the Al Queda will simply move elsewhere, where they will be more welcome than before, since we have will have shown ourselves to be everything that they claim that we are.

And you and many others here are completely fucking inexperienced and ignorant about the culture, societal structure, and landscape of the area, so STFU. One more personal attack from you or someone else, and I am out of this thread. I spent over 20 years in the mideast and afghan areas, so don't fucking tell me what the deal is, okay?

What you do not realize - or accept - is that large tribes of afghan ARE the fucking Taliban.

The Taliban are an indigenous movement that has become intextricably linked to Al qaeda, they are now one and the same. How the fuck do you think al qaeda has survived this long, and in such large numbers, without massive local support and protection?

Further, given the mountainous terrain, valleys, caves, and other protective structures, there is no way you can simply bomb them out of existence - boots on the ground would HAVE to be deployed to scour the countryside and wipe them out. It is some of the most naturally hidden and protected combat areas on earth, and outside of the 10th Mtn, there are no large fighting groups trained and equipped to conduct warfare there.

Those aliens to Afghanistan were thanks to us, remember?

Going in to route them out after 9-11 was a completely sensible policy.

Staying there indefinitely to keep them out is not only not productive, I suspect that it's counterproductive.

Al qaeda and the taliban are now inseparable from one another. Bush gave Mullah Omar a choice to either give up Bin Laden, or be attacked, and he refused.

If the US leaves, the terrorists will once again take over the rest of the country - of which pretty much the capital region with Kabul being basically the only major area left in the east not under the threat/control of the taliban.

And you and many others here are completely fucking inexperienced and ignorant about the culture, societal structure, and landscape of the area, so STFU. One more personal attack from you or someone else, and I am out of this thread. I spent over 20 years in the mideast and afghan areas, so don't fucking tell me what the deal is, okay?

What you do not realize - or accept - is that large tribes of afghan ARE the fucking Taliban.

The Taliban are an indigenous movement that has become intextricably linked to Al qaeda, they are now one and the same. How the fuck do you think al qaeda has survived this long, and in such large numbers, without massive local support and protection?

Further, given the mountainous terrain, valleys, caves, and other protective structures, there is no way you can simply bomb them out of existence - boots on the ground would HAVE to be deployed to scour the countryside and wipe them out. It is some of the most naturally hidden and protected combat areas on earth, and outside of the 10th Mtn, there are no large fighting groups trained and equipped to conduct warfare there.

from someone who's whole sig is a personal attack on other posters...such a hypocrite

from someone who's whole sig is a personal attack on other posters...such a hypocrite

I'll second that emotion.. never have put anybody on "ignore" not even sillybobo! that's just DUmb..

I'll second that emotion.. never have put anybody on "ignore" not even sillybobo! that's just DUmb..

Because like this thread, it is seemlingly impossible on USMB lately to get into a conversation without someone either 1-calling someone an asshole, idiot, etc. 2-trolling by either posting the same line over and over 3-derailing the thread with nonsense

Certain posters do it over and over, and I just find it easier to "turn them off."

Notice how the same poster questioning why I put ppl on ignore is the same one who made the initial personal attack... :cuckoo:

Because like this thread, it is seemlingly impossible on USMB lately to get into a conversation without someone either 1-calling someone an asshole, idiot, etc. 2-trolling by either posting the same line over and over 3-derailing the thread with nonsense

Certain posters do it over and over, and I just find it easier to "turn them off."

Notice how the same poster questioning why I put ppl on ignore is the same one who made the initial personal attack... :cuckoo:

listen dingle berry,, you are dealing with far radical leftists on this and every other message board.. you know how they talk to and about Ms. Palin and her children? Why would you expect them to treat you any better? Get real and just learn to skim and scroll.. works better..

Willow, your AWOL bastard failed to do what was neccessary after the initial occupation of Afghanistan. And now, we get the oppertunity to fight the Taliban all over again because of his criminal stupidity. Afghanistan has been known as the graveyard of empires for centuries for good reason. You mess up there, and they cut you no slack. The Bush program of torture and failure to work on infrastructure has convinced all to many Afghans that we are just another empire.

Bones remember who was the first to politicize your thread on Mary Jo?.....

you like to politicize everything dont you Rocks?....your a piece of unadulterated shit...if your like this in real life i can imagine how many times you have been knocked on your ass...oh wait a minute,COWARDS dont open their mouths if someone is standing there who can shut it...asshole

Unfortunately, you can't change the mentality of an entire country, and even if you could, it would take generations. So, we can either stay there as imperialists, or we can leave, or we can burn the entire country leaving nothing behind.

Forum List

Back