captive soldier fears he will never come home

His future

TruthTube. tv   18+ 5 Beheadings In Front Of Mass Audience TALIBAN

Plz tell me about Osama bin ladin and Taliban

> Assalam - o - Alaikum,
> > I pray to Allah to continue your service for as long as possible. I have > some questions regarding Islamic Politics and Taliban. In light of all the > events that we have witnessed, do u suggest that Taliban were correct in the > manner they tried to enfore shariah? I mean, surely Islam doesnt allow to be > strict in enforcing shariah in other ppl's lives, like making men keep
> beards, and confining women to their homes.... There is a lot of
> misconception about Usama bin Ladin as well in the media? I study in New
> Zealand and at times it becomes imperative to talk on him. What are your
> comments regarding him? Also what should be the model system we should be
following... And were monarchies like the Abassyed and Fatimides and others
> like Moghuls in modern times true Islamic Reigns? Plz reply soon... >
Allah-Haafiz. >
Fuad

Taliban was a valid Shar'ee government. The methods adopted by the Taliban
were in accordance to the Shari'ah. In the Shari'ah. The Imaam (Islamic
ruler) has the right and duty to enforce the external laws of the Shari'ah.
This had been the practice of the four rightly guided Khulafaa Raashideen.

Usama ibn Laadin is an upright Muslim and a devoted Mujaahid of Islam. The
allegations made against him were malicious, and designed to justify the
west's war against Islam. He, himself, has vehemently denied these
allegations. In Islam, the ideal system of appointment of the Ameer is that
of Shura (consultation) with the Ulama. The Ulama or the senior and
responsible members of the society should appoint the Ameer, who will then
appoint his government. This is the most preferred method. However, should a
proper Islamic government be established by other methods, e.g. monarchy,
then as long as they rule in accordance with the Shari'ah, they will be a
valid Islamic government.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Moulana Imraan Vawda
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Muhammad Kadwa

listen dingle berry,, you are dealing with far radical leftists on this and every other message board.. you know how they talk to and about Ms. Palin and her children? Why would you expect them to treat you any better? Get real and just learn to skim and scroll.. works better..

Now YOU'RE doing it? Can anyone on this forum refrain from name-calling?

A few points:

1-in real life I don't interact with far left people, I step over them when I walk into the subway

2-if I "skim and scroll", i.e., ignore them, is that any different than simply putting them on ignore?

listen dingle berry,, you are dealing with far radical leftists on this and every other message board.. you know how they talk to and about Ms. Palin and her children? Why would you expect them to treat you any better? Get real and just learn to skim and scroll.. works better..

Now YOU'RE doing it? Can anyone on this forum refrain from name-calling?

A few points:

1-in real life I don't interact with far left people, I step over them when I walk into the subway

2-if I "skim and scroll", i.e., ignore them, is that any different than simply putting them on ignore?

based on what you just wrote above I would come to the conclusion you don't live in the real world.. you live in isolation and will never find a message board that will meet your standards. so you should start your own message board and invite you!

mr peters, retired from the military was on fox news and he said the soldier deserted. he also said if he did desert then the taliban could save us alot of time and effort by killing him.

Once again, the MSM backs up my statements very nicely, thank you WSJ:

Afghan Villagers Attack Taliban - WSJ.com

By ANAND GOPAL in Kabul and MATTHEW ROSENBERG in New Delhi

Villagers attacked the Taliban in eastern Afghanistan, a rare instance of locals turning on insurgents after being promised aid money and security by the government.

Friday's confrontation was welcome news for Afghan and U.S. authorities, in what is shaping up to be one of the bloodiest months for the U.S-led coalition since the start of the war.

Tribesmen in Nangarhar, a province in the east, broke ties with the Taliban after being promised development money and security at a pair of meetings with Afghan officials in recent months, said tribal elders and a spokesman for the provincial government, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai.

The U.S. and Afghanistan are trying various strategies against the Taliban {since nothing else is working, they are trying anything}. On Sunday, U.S. Marines conducted a movement to push Taliban fighters from Herati. The Marines are part of an effort to take areas in Southern Helmand province, which Taliban fighters are using as a resupply route.

While Mr. Abdulzai said the effort that led to Friday's clash was purely the work of the provincial government, U.S. civilian and military officials have been working with Afghan authorities to try the same strategy in other parts of the country. Those efforts, however, have met with limited success.

The fighting in Nangarhar, which was reported over the weekend, began after Taliban fighters attempted to kidnap an Afghan army officer in the Achin district, witnesses said. The officer escaped and took refuge among villagers, who refused to turn him over to insurgents.

The Taliban then attacked, prompting a firefight with the villagers, who killed three insurgents and captured 11, said Mr. Abdulzai, the provincial spokesman. Nearly a half-dozen villagers who witnessed the fighting confirmed his account.

The villagers handed over 10 prisoners to authorities and kept one in hopes of exchanging him for a tribesman being held by the Taliban, Mr. Abdulzai said.

Until recently, there was strong support in the area for the Taliban and an allied insurgent group, Hizb-i-Islami Khalis, say members of the dominant tribe in the area, the Shinwaris.

But the government "told us that if we don't stop harboring the Taliban, the Americans will bomb us," said Ismat Shinwari, an elder who attended a meeting of tribal elders and provincial officials two months ago. "Our district and village has been frequently attacked by American and Afghan forces."

Afghan officials also promised money for building roads, schools and clinics.

It isn't clear whether Friday's clash signals that U.S. and Afghan authorities can peel off more tribesmen from the Taliban.

Nangarhar is among the least-violent provinces in southern and eastern Afghanistan, where the Taliban are strongest. Tribal structures are stronger in eastern Afghanistan than in many other parts of the country. Some analysts say that could account for why officials appear to be succeeding there.

Elsewhere, tribal elders have seen their power eroded by three decades of conflict, allowing the Taliban to more easily co-opt or ally with tribes, said Waheed Muzjda, an independent analyst based in Kabul.

Similar efforts by villagers to resist the Taliban across the border in Pakistan have had mixed results.

The failure of authorities to support a local anti-Taliban effort last year in the Buner district of northwestern Pakistan in part paved the way for a militant takeover of the area. That, in turn, brought about the collapse of a peace deal with the Taliban in the neighboring Swat Valley and sparked a large-scale campaign by the army against the militants.

A more recent anti-Taliban effort by villagers in the Upper Dir district of Pakistan has been aided by military support and appears to have had more of an impact.

Both areas are on the fringes of Taliban-controlled Pakistan. There has been little open resistance to the Taliban in the militants' heartland along the border with Afghanistan.

The Taliban on Saturday posted a video on the Internet of a U.S. soldier they captured in June in eastern Afghanistan. On Sunday, the Department of Defense identified the 23-year-old soldier as Pfc. Bowe R. Bergdahl, of Ketchum, Idaho.

In the video, the solider -- seen dressed in a gray robes with his head shaved -- says: "I'm scared I won't be able to go home." He then implores Americans to pressure the government into pulling out of Afghanistan. Pfc. Bergdahl went missing after leaving his base in eastern Afghanistan in the Paktika province.

mr peters, retired from the military was on fox news and he said the soldier deserted. he also said if he did desert then the taliban could save us alot of time and effort by killing him.

i really wished you had refrained from posting that on this thread...please start your own thread to spew that kinda hate for any american soldier...thank you in advance for doing so.

Has Obama even addressed this????? I haven't seen an article with his statements yet...

Clinton: U.S. will do everything to free soldier | Reuters

clinton says the us will do everything to free soldier

A Fatwa

Treatment of prisoners-of-war in Islam
How are prisoners of war treated in Islam?

Praise be to Allaah.
Islam is the religion of mercy and justice; it commands us to call others to the religion of Allaah in a kind and good manner, and to encourage people to enter this great religion. If some people persist in rejecting the religion of Allaah and stand in the way of ruling by that which Allaah has revealed on earth, or they fight against the call to Allaah, then we give them the choice of three things:

Either they become Muslim; or if they refuse they pay the jizyah (whereby they pay a specified amount to the Muslims in return for being allowed to remain their land, and the Muslims undertake to protect them); or, if they refuse that, there is nothing left but the way which they themselves have chosen,

which is fighting and dealing violently with those who have persecuted the Muslims and put obstacles in the path of the Islamic da’wah.

In this way the Muslims will gain the upper hand and the enemies will be humiliated; then when we have killed and wounded many of them and gained the upper hand over them, we may take prisoners and bind a bond firmly on them [cf. Muhammad 47:4], because in that case it is more in tune with the idea of mercy by choice (not because we are afraid of them); at that point war should not continue any longer than is necessary. War in Islam should not be waged for the sole purpose of shedding blood or seeking vengeance. If the Muslims capture them and take them to a place that has been prepared for them, they should not harm them or torture them with beatings, depriving them of food and water, leaving them out in the sun or the cold, burning them with fire, or putting covers over their mouths, ears and eyes and putting them in cages like animals. Rather they should treat them with kindness and mercy, feed them well and encourage them to enter Islam.

Snip

The ruling on tying up prisoners:

It is well known that if prisoners are able to escape they will not hesitate to do so, because they may be afraid of dying and they do not know what awaits them. Hence the Muslims were commanded to tie up their prisoners and to tie their hands to their necks, lest they run away. This is something that still happens and is well known to all people.

The wisdom behind permitting the taking of prisoners is so as to weaken the enemy and ward off his evil by keeping him away from the battlefield so that he cannot be effective or play any role; it also creates a means of freeing Muslim prisoners by trading the prisoners whom we are holding.

Detaining prisoners

Prisoners should be detained until it is decided what is the best move. The ruler of the Muslims should detain prisoners until he decides what is in the Muslims’ best interests.

He may ransom them for money,

or exchange them for Muslim prisoners,

or release them for nothing in return,

or distribute them among the Muslims as slaves,

or kill the men, but not the women and children, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade killing the latter.

The purpose behind detaining prisoners is so that the Muslims may be protected from their evil. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to enjoin the Muslims to treat prisoners well, whereas the Romans and those who came before them the Assyrians and Pharaohs, all used to put out their prisoners’ eyes with hot irons, and flay them alive, feeding their skins to dogs, such that the prisoners preferred death to life.

Ahkaam al-Sijn wa’l-Sujana’ wa Mu’aamalat al-Sujana’ fi’l-Islam by Hasan Abi’l-Ghuddah, 256

Last edited:
There seems to be a bit more to this story than meets the eye... Under the surface, I wonder what the real deal is? Did he simply walk away from his unit as reported on TV? Is the government trying to cover up a mistake they may have made concerning this servicemenber? Something just doesn't seem to feel right... I think time will tell us all what the real story is. Until then, it's a mystery. I do feel badly that he's captured by enemy forces and I am sorry this is something his family has to endure. Aside from it all though, this story just does seem to play right with me.

dog doesnt matter how it plays till he is safe..then the questions can be answered...i looked for an article on the issues of what happened....i dont watch the talking heads..

as we sit on our asses ...running our mouths...bickering....this is the real world:

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home

WASHINGTON – The American soldier who went missing June 30 from his base in eastern Afghanistan and was later confirmed to have been captured, said in a video posted by the Taliban that he's "scared I won't be able to go home."

Two U.S. defense officials confirmed to The Associated Press that the man in the video posted Saturday on the Internet is the captured soldier, but the Defense Department has not released his name. The video provided the first glimpse the public has had of the missing soldier.

The soldier is shown in the 28-minute video with his head shaved and the start of a beard. He is sitting and dressed in a nondescript, gray outfit. Early in the video one of his captors holds the soldier's dog tag up to the camera. His name and ID number are clearly visible. He is shown eating at one point and sitting cross-legged.

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home - Yahoo! News

may fate and her muses be kind. i sure the hell hope this young man is recovered..if not ....rain hell upon those who harm him.

Rain hell indeed, and I think that needs to start at home regarding the Lt. Col. that showed his ass on FOX news speculating about how that young man became a POW and how the Taliban could save the US some time and trouble:
Fox Analyst Suggests That Captured American Soldier Should Be Killed by Captors « JONATHAN TURLEY

I've never seen such disgraceful behavior in my adult life, not ever. That Lt. Col. should be hung by his gonads. He's despicable.

as we sit on our asses ...running our mouths...bickering....this is the real world:

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home

WASHINGTON – The American soldier who went missing June 30 from his base in eastern Afghanistan and was later confirmed to have been captured, said in a video posted by the Taliban that he's "scared I won't be able to go home."

Two U.S. defense officials confirmed to The Associated Press that the man in the video posted Saturday on the Internet is the captured soldier, but the Defense Department has not released his name. The video provided the first glimpse the public has had of the missing soldier.

The soldier is shown in the 28-minute video with his head shaved and the start of a beard. He is sitting and dressed in a nondescript, gray outfit. Early in the video one of his captors holds the soldier's dog tag up to the camera. His name and ID number are clearly visible. He is shown eating at one point and sitting cross-legged.

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home - Yahoo! News

may fate and her muses be kind. i sure the hell hope this young man is recovered..if not ....rain hell upon those who harm him.

Do you ever think about the humans on the other side? Imagine:

Oh. He will probably be held for an indefinite length of time – perhaps for several years. He might get humiliated, bullied, and water boarded for information. I wonder if you would wish that hell rain upon America for instances in which we harmed people that we picked up from Afghanistan. Those people that have been kept for years at Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp without a trial have family and friends – just as this soldier does.

Oh. He will probably be held for an indefinite length of time – perhaps for several years. He might get humiliated, bullied, and water boarded for information. I wonder if you would wish that hell rain upon America for instances in which we harmed people that we picked up from Afghanistan. Those people that have been kept for years at Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp without a trial have family and friends – just as this soldier does.

I am unfamiliar with your posts; is this meant as a joke?

I am unfamiliar with your posts; is this meant as a joke?

I just hope that there is no objection if the captured invader is held for years and years and years and is water boarded again and again and again. If we can do it to them then isn’t it fair that they do it to us.

Beyond that, I grant you the fact that they have decapitated prisoners. Yet, we invade and sometimes kill innocent people in the process.

The circumstances of Bergdahl’s capture weren’t clear.

On July 2, two U.S. officials told the AP the soldier had “just walked off” his base with three Afghans after his shift. He had no body armor or weapon and they said they had no explanation for why he left. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

On July 6, the Taliban claimed on their Web site that five days earlier “a drunken American soldier had come out of his garrison” and was captured by mujahadeen.

In the video, Pfc. Bergdahl said he was lagging behind a patrol when he was captured.

Details of such incidents are routinely held very tightly by the military as it works to retrieve a missing or captured soldier without giving away any information to captors.

Michelle Malkin » Questions about the reported abduction of Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl; Update: Reports of desertion mounting

I'm not sure what to think.:confused:

The Haqqani's got him. That means he's in big fucking trouble.

I fear for the worst, and I feel for his family.

Incidently, other than conducting an AAR to prevent it from happening again, does it really fucking matter how this young soldier got captured?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back