captive soldier fears he will never come home

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
as we sit on our asses ...running our mouths...bickering....this is the real world:

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home

WASHINGTON – The American soldier who went missing June 30 from his base in eastern Afghanistan and was later confirmed to have been captured, said in a video posted by the Taliban that he's "scared I won't be able to go home."

Two U.S. defense officials confirmed to The Associated Press that the man in the video posted Saturday on the Internet is the captured soldier, but the Defense Department has not released his name. The video provided the first glimpse the public has had of the missing soldier.

The soldier is shown in the 28-minute video with his head shaved and the start of a beard. He is sitting and dressed in a nondescript, gray outfit. Early in the video one of his captors holds the soldier's dog tag up to the camera. His name and ID number are clearly visible. He is shown eating at one point and sitting cross-legged.

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home - Yahoo! News

may fate and her muses be kind. i sure the hell hope this young man is recovered..if not ....rain hell upon those who harm him.

Bones, I don't hold out much hope for him. His captors are known barbarians, they will cut his head off.. but,, we will serve them tea and speak in low soft voices.

our country is gone.

Bones, I don't hold out much hope for him. His captors are known barbarians, they will cut his head off.. but,, we will serve them tea and speak in low soft voices.

our country is gone.

i so hope you are wrong on this....so much....

and lets try to remember..we have posters who have kids in the war....i cant name them...but i am sure we do....lets try to keep this from being a thread on the worst of things

Given the history of that region, his chances of surviving are slim to none.

Willow, your AWOL bastard failed to do what was neccessary after the initial occupation of Afghanistan. And now, we get the oppertunity to fight the Taliban all over again because of his criminal stupidity. Afghanistan has been known as the graveyard of empires for centuries for good reason. You mess up there, and they cut you no slack. The Bush program of torture and failure to work on infrastructure has convinced all to many Afghans that we are just another empire.

our country is gone.

i so hope you are wrong on this....so much....

and lets try to remember..we have posters who have kids in the war....i cant name them...but i am sure we do....lets try to keep this from being a thread on the worst of things

Otter Creek is one that I can think of. I pray for our soldiers everyday.

Given the history of that region, his chances of surviving are slim to none.

Willow, your AWOL bastard failed to do what was neccessary after the initial occupation of Afghanistan. And now, we get the oppertunity to fight the Taliban all over again because of his criminal stupidity. Afghanistan has been known as the graveyard of empires for centuries for good reason. You mess up there, and they cut you no slack. The Bush program of torture and failure to work on infrastructure has convinced all to many Afghans that we are just another empire.

fix em some tea and read your army field manuel wuZzy

apparently i didnt make this real fucking clear here....this is simply a thread....if you think it is hopeless fine for you...but shut the fuck up...if we have one mother or father here...with a child in afghanistan...they deserved that fucking respect...now is that fucking clear enough or do i need to go on?

apparently i didnt make this real fucking clear here....this is simply a thread....if you think it is hopeless fine for you...but shut the fuck up...if we have one mother or father here...with a child in afghanistan...they deserved that fucking respect...now is that fucking clear enough or do i need to go on?

don't start threads you don't want people engaged in.. this is a message board. I gave my opinion and of course the left had to get nasty as shit. I respect and pray for all our soldiers,, is that clear?

i was talking to old rocks....i wished now i hadnt started the thread....seems people have forgotten hope...

I don't think they've forgotten hope so much as they stopped hoping because they couldn't take any more of their hopes being shattered. The thing about these bastards is that they don't want to negotiate and they seem to only rarely release captives. It's their cowardly way of keeping people afraid.

I don't know if there's any way to stop them...

as we sit on our asses ...running our mouths...bickering....this is the real world:

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home

WASHINGTON – The American soldier who went missing June 30 from his base in eastern Afghanistan and was later confirmed to have been captured, said in a video posted by the Taliban that he's "scared I won't be able to go home."

Two U.S. defense officials confirmed to The Associated Press that the man in the video posted Saturday on the Internet is the captured soldier, but the Defense Department has not released his name. The video provided the first glimpse the public has had of the missing soldier.

The soldier is shown in the 28-minute video with his head shaved and the start of a beard. He is sitting and dressed in a nondescript, gray outfit. Early in the video one of his captors holds the soldier's dog tag up to the camera. His name and ID number are clearly visible. He is shown eating at one point and sitting cross-legged.

Video: Captive soldier fears he won't get home - Yahoo! News

may fate and her muses be kind. i sure the hell hope this young man is recovered..if not ....rain hell upon those who harm him.

Is that a book?

Yes, the book is by Marcus Lutrell. He is the "Lone Survivor"

There is hope guys.

I will pray for this Soldier's safe return. :eusa_pray:

The taliban is using this Soldier for propaganda. They will keep him alive as long as it serves their purposes. I hope our Military SF, can get to him soon

Forum List

Back