Capitalist ^ Christian

I'm a capitalist christian does that sound proper?

• It is in the scriptures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I learned that going for money and proclaiming to believe on Jesus is okay from my pastor

• No it is like trying to rebuild Jericho

• I will provide a written response

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Capitalist
1. (Economics) a person who owns capital, esp capital invested in a business
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) politics a supporter of capitalism
3. a rich person

adj
4. (Economics) of or relating to capital, capitalists, or capitalism
So what do you think?

Christian (krĭs′chən)
adj.
1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus, especially in showing concern for others.
4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
n.
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows a religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994,

Chris•tian
(ˈkrɪs tʃən)

adj.
1. of, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings.
2. of, pertaining to, or adhering to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
3. of or pertaining to Christians.
4. exhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ, as in having a loving regard for others.
5. humane; decent; generous.
n.
6. a person who believes in Jesus Christ; an adherent of Christianity.
7. a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ.
[1250–1300; Middle English, Old English cristen < Latin Chrīstiānus < Greek Chrīstiānós=Chrīst(ós) Christ + -iānos < Latin -iānus -ian]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc.

Apparently the poll is not a hit with the religious crowd here so I'll do my own responses.

Jesus stated that it was easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle that a richman to get to heaven.
Was this just another parable or do you think there is more meaning in that scripture?

Generally from what I have understood a camel is a milch beast or a beast of burden that can be ridden and carry a load.

I do not think making a good living is a sin; it can very easily lead some folks down that path though that will lead to major sins.

Forum List

Back