Candidate Corner is open

Is there any third candidates??

Not of any consequence, at least not yet; the Libertarians are perennial cranks, and the Greens shot their own feet off last go round by nominating a shrieking lunatic racist as their last candidate, so nobody looks at them any more.

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

We've created a forum section for Clinton and Trump. The forums are to be used as a gathering place for Trump/Clinton supporters who wish to discuss the candidates OUTSIDE of the realm of politics/debate.

"Trumps speech today went great and I think....."
"Clinton hit a home run when she addressed......"

The Trump/Clinton forums are NOT to be used for opposition trolling.

ENJOY and have fun!

What's the rules?

Can I start a thread that says

Hillary is a stupid lying old hag?

We've created a forum section for Clinton and Trump. The forums are to be used as a gathering place for Trump/Clinton supporters who wish to discuss the candidates OUTSIDE of the realm of politics/debate.

ENJOY and have fun!

How the heck do you separate the candidates from politics/debate on their issues and statements?
Shouldn't this mean that "all discussion of Trump/Clinton" be in this section
but not limit it to just discussing them, but all the other issues they bring up. How can that not happen?
Just like in real life, when you just want to talk about the candidate you support among friends who support him/her as well, you don't go out and strike up a conversation(s) with people you know don't like them.

Okay cereal_killer I think I get it:
Because the rest of the politics and threads are for debate/opposition
this section is for likeminded supporters to talk about positive
points WITHOUT fear of being attacked and derailing the threads for that.

So this is like AA, church or group support meetings
and not for adversarial debates or attacks from outside opponents.

Do we get one for Johnson and Sanders people
who don't go with the Clinton/Trump choices?

Yes, It's a place to discuss your candidate of choice with other supporters of said candidate.

Well cereal_killer ---- I'll enjoy it a LOT more when you appropriately add a section for Gary Johnson supporters eh?? Or are you just promoting the general media horse race here?

Not of any consequence, at least not yet; the Libertarians are perennial cranks, and the Greens shot their own feet off last go round by nominating a shrieking lunatic racist as their last candidate, so nobody looks at them any more.

Yeah -- "perennial cranks" for running TWO former 2 term State Governors. Whatzamatter? Not CRANKY enough for you with the other two choices on the ballot?

Yeah -- "perennial cranks" for running TWO former 2 term State Governors. Whatzamatter? Not CRANKY enough for you with the other two choices on the ballot?

They have two now? What, Alaska and who else, and over how many governorship terms over a couple of hundred years?

Libertarian results for governor, 2010-2014

In 2014, there were 24 states with Libertarian candidates on the ballot for governor. Eight candidates got at least 3 percent. The average Libertarian percentage was 2.2 percent.

Last edited:

They have two now? What, Alaska and who else, and over how many governorship terms over a couple of hundred years?

Libertarian results for governor, 2010-2014

In 2014, there were 24 states with Libertarian candidates on the ballot for governor. Eight candidates got at least 3 percent. The average Libertarian percentage was 2.2 percent.

I'm talking about our Presidential ticket of Johnson and Weld. They are 2 former 2 term governors of New Mexico and Mass. And there is NO reason to be referring to them as cranks. ESPECIALLY with the horrid meglomaniacs and freaks that the Dems and Reps are offering us this year..

Just in the past year, we've had 2 state legislators publicly declare in office a change to Libertarian. Politicians are as tired as we are of being dominated and pummeled by the out of control RNC/DNC machines..

ENJOY and have fun!

How the heck do you separate the candidates from politics/debate on their issues and statements?
but not limit it to just discussing them, but all the other issues they bring up. How can that not happen?
Just like in real life, when you just want to talk about the candidate you support among friends who support him/her as well, you don't go out and strike up a conversation(s) with people you know don't like them.

Yes, It's a place to discuss your candidate of choice with other supporters of said candidate.

Well cereal_killer ---- I'll enjoy it a LOT more when you appropriately add a section for Gary Johnson supporters eh?? Or are you just promoting the general media horse race here?
I'm not opposed to adding it, but seeing that the race is really between Trump/Clinton I left it off. I'll add it if you think there's enough interest. Let me know

I'm not opposed to adding it, but seeing that the race is really between Trump/Clinton I left it off. I'll add it if you think there's enough interest. Let me know
It looks like there are ppl serious about candidacy issues and challenges surrounding Gary Johnson. I will get onto my meet up groups and find out if enough supporters would rally around a forum for Johnson Stein Sanders and third party movements that are using their candidacy for special strategies. I would suggest combining these in one forum so they can be encouraged to work together and be mutually informed what's going on. I will meet with harris county Greens on Monday and invite their input. I'm already working with a lead libertarian in Austin and see what he says. I think he's up for the idea of trying to get key states won for Johnson and getting the polls to add Johnsons name so if this goes up to 15% he can get into the debates. cereal_killer what about posting a poll of third party advocates and take names of members committed to posting. I would commit to posts on cross promoting and cross training people from the different third parties to unify on goals to make the most of our numbers. So whatever forum that would be under to encourage that, I would post and invite others to. How about a libertarian green forum for Johnson Stein and Sanders. If you set up one for Christian and Constitutionalist party members I can invite meet up members to post there.

Oh there's enough interest for CNN to do a Lib Candidate meeting for an hour last week. He's already polling 10 to 12% and (I know this gonna be rough for you bud :badgrin:) Those 2 governors are the only SANE choice on the ballot this year.

Please do add a forum.. And maybe I'll moderate my tone on Trump a bit !!!

cereal_killer -- You do realize that if the Lib ticket even gets 25 electoral votes, in a tight race between the OTHER two -- one of them then has to win by 26.. And I'm thinking it could be 20 to 30..
In which case -- it goes to the House.

You wouldn't want to be standing in the way of a historic event like that --- would ya??

I agree it would be good for USMB to create a forum for either Johnson or be fair to all candidates and offer them one if they can get 5-10 supporters to join usmb and commit to post updates on what their party is doing weekly. I think it is important to encourage political diversity and reward ppl for getting directly involved in the democratic process. Plus it will promote USMB. I will ask ppl to join and use the forums here to get everyone caught up on what each party and their candidate 's are pushing .

Personal note to cereal_killer
I wouldn't want this to hurt Trumps chances of putting together a platform that he can sell and unite the independents. What I will commit to do is promote the third party threads for putting together platform proposals to pitch to Trump. I will lobby for him to create jobs to train all these potential leaders through his University programs, creating paid internships or getting matching grants for the best solutions. So all the parties with issues or proposals would be invited to post what they would pitch to Trump. And see if he will use that, or if these parties are out on their own. Trump could seize this opportunity to show his skills . What do you think. I will ask the greens and libertarians , the Christian party the Constitution party. The Cruz and tea party. The Vet party of america. And invite other supporters of Allen west, cornell west, Ben carson, standamerica pastors, if they want a forum around which candidates. Whatever you want to try to make this work

Last edited:

OK so I found the announcement thread and will transfer whining here. Why should there need to be "enough interest"? Are there other candidates besides the two listed, or are there not? At the very least the site owes us a "NOTA" and/or "everybody else" forum. I mean on what basis are you deciding "the race is between Rump and Clinton"?

I'd also point out that (a) Bernie's still running, and (b) neither Rump nor Clinton has been nominated, and it's not a lock that they both will be.

Jill Stein is a shrieking lunatic racist? :uhh:

See what we mean C_K? This isn't the place for this point but it's a point out there.

It looks like there are ppl serious about candidacy issues and challenges surrounding Gary Johnson. I will get onto my meet up groups and find out if enough supporters would rally around a forum for Johnson Stein Sanders and third party movements that are using their candidacy for special strategies. I would suggest combining these in one forum so they can be encouraged to work together and be mutually informed what's going on. I will meet with harris county Greens on Monday and invite their input. I'm already working with a lead libertarian in Austin and see what he says. I think he's up for the idea of trying to get key states won for Johnson and getting the polls to add Johnsons name so if this goes up to 15% he can get into the debates. cereal_killer what about posting a poll of third party advocates and take names of members committed to posting. I would commit to posts on cross promoting and cross training people from the different third parties to unify on goals to make the most of our numbers. So whatever forum that would be under to encourage that, I would post and invite others to. How about a libertarian green forum for Johnson Stein and Sanders. If you set up one for Christian and Constitutionalist party members I can invite meet up members to post there.

What "serious candidacy issues and challenges" are you referring to? We are the only 3rd party that WILL appear on all 50 state ballots and our slate contains 2 very qualified exec admins that have run states in this Union? The Lib party will be ONLY party discussing issues and not the size of hands or latest cutesy names that the 2 meglomaniacs are bringing to the attention of the public..

I agree it would be good for USMB to create a forum for either Johnson or be fair to all candidates and offer them one if they can get 5-10 supporters to join usmb and commit to post updates on what their party is doing weekly. I think it is important to encourage political diversity and reward ppl for getting directly involved in the democratic process. Plus it will promote USMB. I will ask ppl to join and use the forums here to get everyone caught up on what each party and their candidate 's are pushing .

What "serious candidacy issues and challenges" are you referring to? We are the only 3rd party that WILL appear on all 50 state ballots and our slate contains 2 very qualified exec admins that have run states in this Union? The Lib party will be ONLY party discussing issues and not the size of hands or latest cutesy names that the 2 meglomaniacs are bringing to the attention of the public..
1. You have a serious candidate
2. You are facing serious challenges of overcoming media bias and censorship

It was made clear to me the debates depend on getting through to the media, and too many polls leave out Johnson as even a choice.

How many voters even know that the vote could go to the house?

Or understand what Cruz and Ryan have at stake?

These are all serious issues and challenges. So I'm saying it's good to set up and encourage forum participation on how to address all this.

Thanks flacaltenn
I think this will ultimately benefit all parties and voters to get as educated and informed of each other's platforms, movements, and strategies as possible.

1. You have a serious candidate
2. You are facing serious challenges of overcoming media bias and censorship

It was made clear to me the debates depend on getting through to the media, and too many polls leave out Johnson as even a choice.

How many voters even know that the vote could go to the house?

Or understand what Cruz and Ryan have at stake?

These are all serious issues and challenges. So I'm saying it's good to set up and encourage forum participation on how to address all this.

Thanks flacaltenn
I think this will ultimately benefit all parties and voters to get as educated and informed of each other's platforms, movements, and strategies as possible.

America will figure it out. When they start seeing polls for Clinton/Trump that only add up to 80% or so. When you see 20% missing from a poll -- it's not a very good poll. When they've have enough of the mud fight we are about to forced to witness. Johnson/Weld would be a sane ticket most ANY year. Especially in a climate of RAMPANT xenophobia and rage..

Not many people know that with a 3 way race, a small fraction of electoral votes will deny a 270 level and throw it into the House. That's AFTER all the court challenges in states that were close. It could be a very interesting Nov/Dec...

There WILL be fight to get into the debates. EVEN IF Johnson is polling the requisite 15%...
That fight will be our "media coverage". Because when people see the DNC/RNC acting like silver spoon babies -- we'll get all the coverage we need.

Jill Stein is a shrieking lunatic racist? :uhh:

See what we mean C_K? This isn't the place for this point but it's a point out there.

Greens lost any shred of credibility when they nominated Cynthia McKinney. Nobody has heard of Jill Stein, and nobody is going to take Greens seriously after McKinney, so Stein is an irrelevancy. And Libertarians are just as marginal and delusional.

Encyclopedia of American Loons:

Encyclopedia of American Loons: #266: Cynthia McKinney

Last edited:

Forum List

Back