Candidate Corner is open

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

We've created a forum section for Clinton and Trump. The forums are to be used as a gathering place for Trump/Clinton supporters who wish to discuss the candidates OUTSIDE of the realm of politics/debate.

"Trumps speech today went great and I think....."
"Clinton hit a home run when she addressed......"

The Trump/Clinton forums are NOT to be used for opposition trolling.

ENJOY and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

We've created a forum section for Clinton and Trump. The forums are to be used as a gathering place for Trump/Clinton supporters who wish to discuss the candidates OUTSIDE of the realm of politics/debate.

ENJOY and have fun!

How the heck do you separate the candidates from politics/debate on their issues and statements?
Shouldn't this mean that "all discussion of Trump/Clinton" be in this section
but not limit it to just discussing them, but all the other issues they bring up. How can that not happen?

ENJOY and have fun!

How the heck do you separate the candidates from politics/debate on their issues and statements?
but not limit it to just discussing them, but all the other issues they bring up. How can that not happen?
Just like in real life, when you just want to talk about the candidate you support among friends who support him/her as well, you don't go out and strike up a conversation(s) with people you know don't like them.

ENJOY and have fun!

Just like in real life, when you just want to talk about the candidate you support among friends who support him/her as well, you don't go out and strike up a conversation(s) with people you know don't like them.

Okay cereal_killer I think I get it:
Because the rest of the politics and threads are for debate/opposition
this section is for likeminded supporters to talk about positive
points WITHOUT fear of being attacked and derailing the threads for that.

So this is like AA, church or group support meetings
and not for adversarial debates or attacks from outside opponents.

Do we get one for Johnson and Sanders people
who don't go with the Clinton/Trump choices?

ENJOY and have fun!

Yes, It's a place to discuss your candidate of choice with other supporters of said candidate.

ENJOY and have fun!

Yes, It's a place to discuss your candidate of choice with other supporters of said candidate.

So does this mean that in the Trump section Hillary supporters can't post and vice-versa?

ENJOY and have fun!

So does this mean that in the Trump section Hillary supporters can't post and vice-versa?

There's no hard and fast rule against it, but why would they anyhow? They have no interest in the candidate so it would come off as trollish.

There's no hard and fast rule against it, but why would they anyhow? They have no interest in the candidate so it would come off as trollish.

I asked because there's a thread in the Donald Trump section, I was thinking of making a comment in it, then I noticed several anti-Trump posts in the thread, so I then thought it best not to make a comment.

ENJOY and have fun!
Great idea!

I came to USMB when a Disney message board I posted on decided to ban political discussions. The last straw, which led to the banning, was when the separate threads for Cons, Libs and Inds were being trolled. I don't think it's a bad idea if the opposition can contain themselves from doing drive-by postings with the intent to incite. I do remember some posters who loved going into their "safe place" just to bitch about what the other side was discussing in their "safe place".:lol:

Great idea. IMO the concept should also be applied to the religion forum as well, but I can also see some disadvantages, as it's not nearly as active a topic category and might not be worth the trouble to moderate the additional forums necessary.

So, what this really means is that The Hegemony has set up Safe Space Echo Chambers for those who are in violent agreement to sip cocoa, look at puppy videos, and play with crayons.

No thanks. Inevitably, some loser will start eating paste. That's icky.

IOW, No Doublplus Badthink Nogood Thoughts Allowed!

Paste for everyone!

Forum List

Back