Canadian Mayor supporting total handgun ban

anyway , from what was posted by another poster the 'canooks' guns have been reduced to being mere toys by 'canadian government' so the next logical step would be to take the guns away completely from the 'canooks' i suppose Slade .

Why do you assume that people coming from the UK or Australia are bringing anti gun values? Did you ever think that maybe people are leaving those countries and wanting to immigrate here because they want the same freedoms that you hold dear?
-------------------- their societies are anti gun , especially 'englands' and i'm not willing to take a chance Slade . Let them fix 'blighty' or 'aussie land' Slade .
Just think about that Pismoe. If you were pro gun living in an anti-gun society wouldnt you want to move to a pro gun society like the USA? You really don’t think that happens and perhaps some of these “imports” actually agree with your agenda?
:disbelief:
---------------------------------------------- feck them Slade !!
I’ll take that as a white flag. Thanks for playing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ so you are quitting or running away eh Slade ??
Neither. You gave up on having an intelligent discussion when you resort to “feck em” responses

why would or should i like imported people imported into the USA that just swell USA population and who then vote or advocate for removal or modification of my or other Americans established RIGHTS Slade ??

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

Toronto's Mayor Did What No U.S. Leader Has Done After A Mass Shooting

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.

Most Canadians want a strict urban gun ban.

The vast majority of Canadians favours a total ban on guns in urban areas, a new poll suggests.

According to the poll, conducted by Ekos Research Associates for The Canadian Press, 69 per cent of those surveyed agreed with the statement "I think that there should be a strict ban on guns in urban areas."​

Most Canadians back total ban on guns in urban areas, poll suggests

Canadians don't give a shit about what American Trump supporters think about guns in Canada.

-------------------- their societies are anti gun , especially 'englands' and i'm not willing to take a chance Slade . Let them fix 'blighty' or 'aussie land' Slade .
Just think about that Pismoe. If you were pro gun living in an anti-gun society wouldnt you want to move to a pro gun society like the USA? You really don’t think that happens and perhaps some of these “imports” actually agree with your agenda?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ so you are quitting or running away eh Slade ??
Neither. You gave up on having an intelligent discussion when you resort to “feck em” responses
------------------------------------ go ahead , leave , run away . Of course be aware that YOU have actually served my purposes so Thank You . By the way , it was YOU that started with the nasty language Slade .

i'm just alerting fellow American gun people . And , hey , i advocate stopping the importation of ALL foreigners . I am just trying to highlight the dangers of imported voters as part of my tactics Slade .
Imported voters? You mean immigrants? You’re such a turd with your little word games.

Do whatever you want, you’re fighting against the current. We all got here because of immigration and its going to continue to be an integral part of our country and society whether you like it or not
------------------------------------ yeah , see your post number 131 to see where you start with your personal attacks and name calling . Course your name calling and nasty language makes me SMILE Slade .

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.

Most Canadians want a strict urban gun ban.

The vast majority of Canadians favours a total ban on guns in urban areas, a new poll suggests.

According to the poll, conducted by Ekos Research Associates for The Canadian Press, 69 per cent of those surveyed agreed with the statement "I think that there should be a strict ban on guns in urban areas."​

Most Canadians back total ban on guns in urban areas, poll suggests

Canadians don't give a shit about what American Trump supporters think about guns in Canada.
-------------------------------- thanks TORO , and its true , you 'canooks' are well , YOU are 'canooks . And you guys have been 'canooks' since the days of you guys being 'torys' back in the late 1700s . Thats when your ancestors took off , ran away to 'canada' rather than kicking 'english' azz in the American Revolution . Anyway , you 'canooks' are just a small part of this thread as we Americans expect that you guys will be disarmed Toro .

why would or should i like imported people imported into the USA that just swell USA population and who then vote or advocate for removal or modification of my or other Americans established RIGHTS Slade ??
Why should you like it? Because that’s exactly how YOU and your family got to be here. That’s exactly how the USA came to be. Who are you to stake claim through immigrating and then said I want to close this opportunity to others? It’s hypocritcal bullshit.

------------------------------------ go ahead , leave , run away . Of course be aware that YOU have actually served my purposes so Thank You . By the way , it was YOU that started with the nasty language Slade .
I think not, it’s all in black and white so you’re not really fooling anybody. Nice try though

i'm just alerting fellow American gun people . And , hey , i advocate stopping the importation of ALL foreigners . I am just trying to highlight the dangers of imported voters as part of my tactics Slade .
Imported voters? You mean immigrants? You’re such a turd with your little word games.

Do whatever you want, you’re fighting against the current. We all got here because of immigration and its going to continue to be an integral part of our country and society whether you like it or not
------------------------------------ yeah , see your post number 131 to see where you start with your personal attacks and name calling . Course your name calling and nasty language makes me SMILE Slade .
My phone doesn’t show post numbers. Glad you’re smiling though, the world is a better place the more people smile

Why should you like it? Because that’s exactly how YOU and your family got to be here. That’s exactly how the USA came to be. Who are you to stake claim through immigrating and then said I want to close this opportunity to others? It’s hypocritcal bullshit.
------------------------------doesn't matter , i don't like it and i am native American by the way Slade . Anyway , i try to stop it for my lifetime and i am an older guy or old guy depending on point of view . ------------ And as i so clearly stated , hey , feck'em Slade !! [chuckle]

------------------------------doesn't matter , i don't like it and i am native American by the way Slade . Anyway , i try to stop it for my lifetime and i am an older guy or old guy depending on point of view . ------------ And as i so clearly stated , hey , feck'em Slade !! [chuckle]
Are you real Native American or Liz Warren Native American?

If you are legit NA then you absolutely have legit grievances cause your people were treated like shit by our government when we took over your land.

yep , i am 100 percent Native American from a long line of Native Americans Slade and i don't like the 'third world' imports that are flooding the USA .

A ban on all handguns is reckless and stupid. It would be totally against the constitution here. Not sure of any of the Canadian laws on this but this just makes no sense to me.
There are several countries that have taken similar measures. UK, Germany, Australia and Japan... check their stats for gun violence

Irrelevant.
The UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, etc., would have the same gun violence levels regardless of laws.
Laws NEVER have any effect on violence levels, because those intent on violence are not at all going to be deterred by minor gun laws, and those not intent on violence won't commit violence even if you shove a gun into their hand.
The reason the UK, Germany, Australia and Japan have low crime and violence levels is because they have levels of the causes of crime. We know what those causes are, such as poverty, injustice, lack of opportunity, lack of jobs, lack of housing, lack of affordable health care, income inequality, etc.
The US has high crime because it is very, very bad at all these things, and then not only creates much more crime, but deserves more crime until these things are fixed. Trying to simply suppress the symptoms while not fixing the cause would be monstrous.
It is just like a decade ago when there was a high rate of people going postal and shooting people.
They did not try to pass stricter gun laws, but then simply changed the bad work conditions of the post office, and the shootings went away.
This is not rocket science.

NOW YOU ARE TALKING COMPLETE SHIT..here in Australia our Gun Deaths have dropped dramatically,we are one of the Lowest Gun Death Rates in the world...….You Guys just Love Guns Yet it is like leaving a population to have YOUR MYOPIC THOUGHTS...say NO TO GUNS we did and HOW GREAT IT IS..You are just like another BANANA REPUBLIC but worse because most of you are supposed to be educated,some Americans are but some are as they say in Jamaica....RassClaat

Rigby you are a Sad Bastard indeed,no doubt a member of the discredited NRA....LOL
Other countries have no right to fire arms and no right to freedom of speech… Here we have those things. So your country irrelevant In the discussion
We have freedom of speech(FAR MORE THAN YOU DO) and as an a SUPERIOR THINKING PEOPLE,not allowing Guns for obvious reasons,which for an Irrelevant Moron like you could never comprehend.

Our Gun Deaths are some of the lowest in the WORLD...YOURS ARE THE HIGHEST...WHY?BECAUSE PEANUTS LIKE YOU LIVE IN A BANANA UNEDUCATED REPUBLIC...My apologies to Peanuts...now do you gitit Moron

A ban on all handguns is reckless and stupid. It would be totally against the constitution here. Not sure of any of the Canadian laws on this but this just makes no sense to me.
There are several countries that have taken similar measures. UK, Germany, Australia and Japan... check their stats for gun violence

Irrelevant.
The UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, etc., would have the same gun violence levels regardless of laws.
Laws NEVER have any effect on violence levels, because those intent on violence are not at all going to be deterred by minor gun laws, and those not intent on violence won't commit violence even if you shove a gun into their hand.
The reason the UK, Germany, Australia and Japan have low crime and violence levels is because they have levels of the causes of crime. We know what those causes are, such as poverty, injustice, lack of opportunity, lack of jobs, lack of housing, lack of affordable health care, income inequality, etc.
The US has high crime because it is very, very bad at all these things, and then not only creates much more crime, but deserves more crime until these things are fixed. Trying to simply suppress the symptoms while not fixing the cause would be monstrous.
It is just like a decade ago when there was a high rate of people going postal and shooting people.
They did not try to pass stricter gun laws, but then simply changed the bad work conditions of the post office, and the shootings went away.

NOW YOU ARE TALKING COMPLETE SHIT..here in Australia our Gun Deaths have dropped dramatically,we are one of the Lowest Gun Death Rates in the world...….You Guys just Love Guns Yet it is like leaving a population to have YOUR MYOPIC THOUGHTS...say NO TO GUNS we did and HOW GREAT IT IS..You are just like another BANANA REPUBLIC but worse because most of you are supposed to be educated,some Americans are but some are as they say in Jamaica....RassClaat

Rigby you are a Sad Bastard indeed,no doubt a member of the discredited NRA....LOL
Other countries have no right to fire arms and no right to freedom of speech… Here we have those things. So your country irrelevant In the discussion
We have freedom of speech(FAR MORE THAN YOU DO) and as an a SUPERIOR THINKING PEOPLE,not allowing Guns for obvious reasons,which for an Irrelevant Moron like you could never comprehend.

Our Gun Deaths are some of the lowest in the WORLD...YOURS ARE THE HIGHEST...WHY?BECAUSE PEANUTS LIKE YOU LIVE IN A BANANA UNEDUCATED REPUBLIC...My apologies to Peanuts...now do you gitit Moron
Na, other countries do not have the freedom of speech nor the right to bear arms.
Only in progressive controlled areas... we do have a violence problem… LOL

Irrelevant.

-------------------------------------------- think that you 'aussies' are 'subjects' . same as 'canook' and the English and the others that you mention . Wait till your imported third worlders add their numbers to the Mongrel Mob type 'maoris' and you disarmed
aussies' will be disarmed and at their service as you now service your 'government betters' Liq .

Irrelevant.

Na, other countries do not have the freedom of speech nor the right to bear arms.
Only in progressive controlled areas... we do have a violence problem… LOL
--------------------------------------------- i sure don't see a violence problem anywhere that i have ever lived in my 69 years in the USA .

And everything is given to 'subjects' as favors and permission to the worlds 'subjects; as they have NO RIGHTS .

Irrelevant.

------------------------------------------------ Lots of the people killed by guns in the USA killed by police or homeowners and others and killed in self defense deserve to be killed Liq .

Irrelevant.

Gun crime in Australia is going up....caused by immigrant drug gangs... look up the article, Young, Dumb and Armed where they chronicle the increasing gun violence in Australia.

Forum List

Back