Canadian Mayor supporting total handgun ban

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

Toronto's Mayor Did What No U.S. Leader Has Done After A Mass Shooting

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.
Why do you say it’s not working well? Because of this one incident? I haven’t looked at the numbers but does Canada have a fun violenve problem?

And I gotta correct one of your statements. A hand gun ban will absolutely stop people from getting guns, that’s the whole point. It won’t stop everybody but it puts less guns out there you can’t really dispute that.

I say do it. Let the world see just how useless gun bans are. As anyone with a brain knows, it ain't the tool, it's the person using the tool that kills. Ban all guns and watch the crime rate skyrocket.
It’s been done, UK, Germany’s, Japan, Australia... I’m not saying it is the right thing for the USA but it has been done in other places and has shown an effective decrease in gun violence
Europe caused two world wars… So shut the fuck up about morality

and concerning Retards , isn't that word impolite eh ?? Course the word retard perfectly describes the adult women dressed as Va6inas while wearing pink puzzy hats Lysis !!

I am a "coward" for questioning why this is occurring? There is a guy on USMB whose avatar shows a pistol aimed at the viewer's face. There is no reason for you to call me a coward for questioning why this is going on now and why these filthy individuals are here trying to dominate the conversation.

So what you are saying is you're scared of an avatar? I bet you also question why we call you on the left Snowflakes.
I'm not "scared" of a picture. I am questioning why someone would put up such a picture. Years ago, people had guns. We had them in the house. They were kept under lock and key. I shot them. The problem is this growing mentality of gun nuts trying to be in everyone's face about guns. Why do people put this mask of fear on, that they somehow are being invaded by their neighbors. The British AREN'T coming. Is Cleveland that horrible of a place? Hoodlums on every street corner?

Gun culture is a cult of little boys trying to be masculine and failing at it. Trying laughably to establish their masculinity by posing with guns, thinking that intimidating their neighbors somehow shows that they are men. Less than a week ago, somebody on USMB was posting pictures of guys dressed in camouflage outfits holding guns. Their mental state is in question. It appears that the people in these photos are trying to intimidate others. This is what has to stop. These boys are trying to pollute our neighborhoods.
------------------------------------------------------------------ USA is a FREE Country , people can peacefully post pictures of most anything and wear camoflage and hold guns if they like . I think that your Emotions are taking control of tour Thinking Lysis .

Emotions have absolutely nothing to do with finding people to be retards and jackasses or criticizing them for deliberately trying to intimidate other people. Yeah, people in America have the right to do just about anything. A thousand Crips and Bloods can march down the street with their pants hanging low. The sort of behavior that these people exhibit does not belong in our community in the U.S.A. These people are insulting, aggressive, and appear to be a threat to our communities, and only because they have small penises and need to establish themselves somehow as being "men." Look at these teeny-weeny "militia" white boys running around in the woods with guns. Whom do they think they are kidding? I'm just calling people out for their anti-social behavior. I don't accept all behavior. We have standards.
-------------------------------------- lucky that you aren't the cops Lysis . Dressing in camo and displaying guns in photos and avatars and talking about low hanging pants and assumptions of small penises is all emotional silliness Lysis .
This is the cancer that I am seeing in U.S. society. I lived many decades before this rubbish came to pass.The people who do these things are trash and are hurting our society. We are still free to call out the garbage in our society, aren't we? Camo, guns, tattooos, shaved heads. This is jackass. People who can't make it in normal society.

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.
Why do you say it’s not working well? Because of this one incident? I haven’t looked at the numbers but does Canada have a fun violenve problem?

And I gotta correct one of your statements. A hand gun ban will absolutely stop people from getting guns, that’s the whole point. It won’t stop everybody but it puts less guns out there you can’t really dispute that.

I say do it. Let the world see just how useless gun bans are. As anyone with a brain knows, it ain't the tool, it's the person using the tool that kills. Ban all guns and watch the crime rate skyrocket.
It’s been done, UK, Germany’s, Japan, Australia... I’m not saying it is the right thing for the USA but it has been done in other places and has shown an effective decrease in gun violence
------------------------------------------------------ i guess that SUBJECTS deserve to be Herded about and Subjugated Slade .
If that’s how you want to view law and order then go right ahead. Sounds rather dramatic to me

Europe caused two world wars… So shut the fuck up about morality
When did I say anything about morality Mr Random?!

So what you are saying is you're scared of an avatar? I bet you also question why we call you on the left Snowflakes.
I'm not "scared" of a picture. I am questioning why someone would put up such a picture. Years ago, people had guns. We had them in the house. They were kept under lock and key. I shot them. The problem is this growing mentality of gun nuts trying to be in everyone's face about guns. Why do people put this mask of fear on, that they somehow are being invaded by their neighbors. The British AREN'T coming. Is Cleveland that horrible of a place? Hoodlums on every street corner?

Gun culture is a cult of little boys trying to be masculine and failing at it. Trying laughably to establish their masculinity by posing with guns, thinking that intimidating their neighbors somehow shows that they are men. Less than a week ago, somebody on USMB was posting pictures of guys dressed in camouflage outfits holding guns. Their mental state is in question. It appears that the people in these photos are trying to intimidate others. This is what has to stop. These boys are trying to pollute our neighborhoods.
------------------------------------------------------------------ USA is a FREE Country , people can peacefully post pictures of most anything and wear camoflage and hold guns if they like . I think that your Emotions are taking control of tour Thinking Lysis .

Emotions have absolutely nothing to do with finding people to be retards and jackasses or criticizing them for deliberately trying to intimidate other people. Yeah, people in America have the right to do just about anything. A thousand Crips and Bloods can march down the street with their pants hanging low. The sort of behavior that these people exhibit does not belong in our community in the U.S.A. These people are insulting, aggressive, and appear to be a threat to our communities, and only because they have small penises and need to establish themselves somehow as being "men." Look at these teeny-weeny "militia" white boys running around in the woods with guns. Whom do they think they are kidding? I'm just calling people out for their anti-social behavior. I don't accept all behavior. We have standards.
-------------------------------------- lucky that you aren't the cops Lysis . Dressing in camo and displaying guns in photos and avatars and talking about low hanging pants and assumptions of small penises is all emotional silliness Lysis .
This is the cancer that I am seeing in U.S. society. I lived many decades before this rubbish came to pass.The people who do these things are trash and are hurting our society. We are still free to call out the garbage in our society, aren't we? Camo, guns, tattooos, shaved heads. This is jackass. People who can't make it in normal society.
----------------------------------------------- yeah , go ahead , call out whatever and whoever you like . I personally don't like tattoos of 'unicorns' or stupid BIG holes in ear lobes or split tongues but thats all mostly millenials who usually stay in the Parents basements most of the time . Course i do see these millenials every once in awhile when they skateboard to WALMART to buy disposable diapers and a supply of Skittles or drop the wife off to go to work Lysis .

------------------------------------------------------ i guess that SUBJECTS deserve to be Herded about and Subjugated Slade .
If that’s how you want to view law and order then go right ahead. Sounds rather dramatic to me
------------------------------- not dramatic at all from a Practicing Americans point of view Slade . As has been pointed out in this thread , 'aussies' and 'canooks' can be herded about and subjugated over gun RIGHTS as 'aussies' and 'canooks' have NO RIGHTS to Guns Slade .

BB
Why else would someone own a gun?
Lol
None of your fucking business... you fucking Coward

I am a "coward" for questioning why this is occurring? There is a guy on USMB whose avatar shows a pistol aimed at the viewer's face. There is no reason for you to call me a coward for questioning why this is going on now and why these filthy individuals are here trying to dominate the conversation.
Someone else’s Firearm ownership is none of your business... Do you need to stay the fuck out of people’s personal lives

So you are pro-choice then.
If you’re talking about abortion it’s all states issue not a federal issue
It is not an issue for any level of government. Neither federal nor state nor local.

------------------------------- not dramatic at all from a Practicing Americans point of view Slade . As has been pointed out in this thread , 'aussies' and 'canooks' can be herded about and subjugated over gun RIGHTS as 'aussies' and 'canooks' have NO RIGHTS to Guns Slade .
Yeah Pismoe, when you say they are “herded about” you are making an overly dramatic and emotional statement. They have every right to govern with strict gun laws if that’s what they want. And if it reduces incident of gun violence which it seems to have done then good on them

You sound like an angry black bitch that's got a thing for any gun owning white person.

I happen to be of European background and my sexual interests involve gentlemen. But I must emphasize the word "gentlemen." Teeny-weenies who dress in cammies and run around in the woods with guns, calling themselves "patriots" or "real Americans" are not. They are hoodlums.

all you Americans out there on the board , see the message number 131 and remember the messages of ANTI GUN imported people . Who cares what a imported 'euro' thinks yet they get the RIGHT to vote and advocate to take away Americans American Freedoms . ---------- Thanks LYSIS !!

all you Americans out there on the board , see the message number 131 and remember the messages of ANTI GUN imported people . Who cares what a imported 'euro' thinks yet they get the RIGHT to vote and advocate to take away Americans American Freedoms . ---------- Thanks LYSIS !!
People who vote here live here and are part of our society. It’s the way it’s always been

i'm just alerting fellow American gun people . And , hey , i advocate stopping the importation of ALL foreigners . I am just trying to highlight the dangers of imported voters as part of my tactics Slade .

i'm just alerting fellow American gun people . And , hey , i advocate stopping the importation of ALL foreigners . I am just trying to highlight the dangers of imported voters as part of my tactics Slade .
Imported voters? You mean immigrants? You’re such a turd with your little word games.

Do whatever you want, you’re fighting against the current. We all got here because of immigration and its going to continue to be an integral part of our country and society whether you like it or not

imported voters are the enemy to AMERICAN RIGHTS and i just want to highlight the imported voters and posters that would like to reduce Americans RIGHTS . 'issis' and 'lysis' help me do that good work by posting their anti gun messages that i simply call attention to Slade .

imported voters are the enemy to AMERICAN RIGHTS and i just want to highlight the imported voters and posters that would like to reduce Americans RIGHTS . 'issis' and 'lysis' help me do that good work by posting their anti gun messages that i simply call attention to Slade .
Immigrants built our country and enhance our culture and society as we evolve. Why do you feel so entitled to judge and label others in the way you do?

i know that imported labor built some parts of the country for pay or food , see how imported labor helped build railroads . Course the imported labor coulda stayed in 'china' or 'ireland' and starved to death Slade .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back