Can You Say Electoral Slaughter?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The president won Florida too

Just keep on humpin' Grover Norquist and see what it gets you

Last edited:

Just keep on humping Grover Norquist and see what it gets you

The president has nothing to be happy about.

He got 8 million less votes than he did in 2008. people weren't feeling the love.

His only saving grace is that Romney got less votes than McCain did.

Obama hasn't been this lucky in an opponent since the GOP in Illinois had a brain fart and nominated Alan Keyes.

It's a clear mandate for his vision of America's future.

I don't think Obama has a clear mandate.

"The election left President Barack Obama with no clear national mandate. Obama won 25 states and the District of Columbia. The Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, won 24 states. While Obama won a solid Electoral College victory, the popular vote was close — Obama won 50 percent of the vote to Romney’s 48.4 percent."

That doesn't sound like a clear mandate to me, it sounds more like a divided nation.

the Democrats increased their representation in both houses of Congress as well.

Just keep on humping Grover Norquist and see what it gets you

The president has nothing to be happy about.

He got 8 million less votes than he did in 2008. people weren't feeling the love.

His only saving grace is that Romney got less votes than McCain did.

Obama hasn't been this lucky in an opponent since the GOP in Illinois had a brain fart and nominated Alan Keyes.
That only means that a whole lot of people have been turned off by politics in the past four years.

Did you know that Mittwit got fewer Mormon votes than McCain? :lol:

"The election left President Barack Obama with no clear national mandate. Obama won 25 states and the District of Columbia. The Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, won 24 states. While Obama won a solid Electoral College victory, the popular vote was close — Obama won 50 percent of the vote to Romney’s 48.4 percent."

That doesn't sound like a clear mandate to me, it sounds more like a divided nation.

Link for your quote?

If it's a mandate in a Romney win, then why isn't it one in an Obama win?

If you paid attention to conservative pundits and politicians leading up to the elections, it’s like they were living in a different reality. Polls meant nothing and there was simply no possibility the president could get re-elected.

But the results on Election Day served as a Rewrite to those pundits and politicians.
On Friday’s special edition of The Last Word, MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell highlighted some of those who predicted a major Romney victory:

• Karl Rove: “I think Romney gets 279 to 281 or 286 in the Electoral College.”
  • Newt Gingrich: “My personal guess is you are going to see a Romney landslide, 53% plus in the popular vote, 300 electoral votes plus. And we may come very close to capturing control of the Senate.”
  • Rush Limbaugh: ”You know, all of my thinking says Romney big…it’s not even close. Three hundred-plus Electoral Votes for Romney.”
  • Glenn Beck: “321 votes!! That’d be great, which would be a mandate, giant giant spankin’ — that’s huge!”
  • Dick Morris: “Romney will win in a landslide.”
  • Gov. John Kasich: “Honestly think that Romney is going to carry Ohio.”
  • Sen. Rob Portman: “Once this election’s over and I believe Mitt Romney is going to win Ohio and, therefore, I think he is likely to be our next president.”
  • Dennis Miller: “I think Mitt Romney’s winning. I don’t believe the polls. I don’t believe the hacks. I think he’s in great shape.”

Romney cheerleaders: Living in an alternate reality?

Watch the video for a great laugh! :lol:

Link for your quote?

you need a link for what is common knowledge? please find it yourself.

Gee, the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood were calling a lesser EC victory a MANDATE when they thought it was a Bishop Willard victory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahsiPdvpEJM&feature=player]The Last Word - Rewriting the Romney cheerleaders - YouTube[/ame]

the Democrats increased their representation in both houses of Congress as well.

But it was not Electoral Slaughter like the OP suggests.
HUGE!!!!!!

BsjU4.png

Link for your quote?

you need a link for what is common knowledge? please find it yourself.

It's not common knowledge, it's opinion.

And we link to quotes here, unless you are claiming that you wrote that.

A nation divided by the right wing elitist pricks who control corporations and bible thumpers. From now on we will show you mandate!

Looks pretty strong to me:

332 for Obama and 206 for Romney...I mean after all this is what counts....Remember?

Bush 271 electoral votes to Gore's 266

And you had to steal that one...or Bush's brother and his concubine stole it.

Last edited:
[
That only means that a whole lot of people have been turned off by politics in the past four years.

Did you know that Mittwit got fewer Mormon votes than McCain? :lol:

Hells, bells, man, I've been turned off by politics in the last four years.

Pick 538 names out of the phone book, they'd do a better job.

But are you serious about Mittens getting less Mormon votes than McCain did? Seriously?

Since when do we use electoral votes as a measure of anything?

If one more person voted for candidate A over candidate B in every state the popular vote be very close but the electoral vote would be a true landslide.

Electoral votes have nothing to do with the mindset of the people. The system was designed to create a buffer between the people and the selection of a president therefore using electoral votes as a measure of popular opinion is ill advised.

If one more person voted for candidate A over candidate B in every state the popular vote be very close but the electoral vote would be a true landslide.

Electoral votes have nothing to do with the mindset of the people. The system was designed to create a buffer between the people and the selection of a president therefore using electoral votes as a measure of popular opinion is ill advised.

Now of course if the outcome was flipped and romney won by the same margin of electoral votes, of course you would say the exact same thing. Right?

Sure you would.

Now of course if the outcome was flipped and romney won by the same margin of electoral votes, of course you would say the exact same thing. Right?

Sure you would.

Hey fuckwad I didn't vote for Romney and I didn't vote for Bam Bam either.

Why don't you at least try to move out of your two dimensional pigeonhole.

Forum List

Back