Can You Say Electoral Slaughter?

The president won Florida too

Just keep on humping Grover Norquist and see what it gets you

The president has nothing to be happy about.

He got 8 million less votes than he did in 2008. people weren't feeling the love.

His only saving grace is that Romney got less votes than McCain did.

Obama hasn't been this lucky in an opponent since the GOP in Illinois had a brain fart and nominated Alan Keyes.

This is his you sleep.at night? He kicked Romney and mcains assess. Period. America does not Like republicans.

The president won Florida too

Just keep on humping Grover Norquist and see what it gets you

He got 8 million less votes than he did in 2008. people weren't feeling the love.

Obama hasn't been this lucky in an opponent since the GOP in Illinois had a brain fart and nominated Alan Keyes.

This is his you sleep.at night? He kicked Romney and mcains assess. Period. America does not Like republicans.

Guy, I voted for Obama this time (I didn't last time).

But I think this is the first election since 1996 there was a decline in vote participation on the presidential level. In 1996, the election was pretty one sided, but this one was close.

Now it might just be that expansion of the voter base, after increasing 37% since 1996, those who have been encouraged to vote decided it wasn't worth it this time. Or it might show a lot of voters are giving up on the political process, which isn't good for the country or either party, really.

The GOP could have won if it nominated a guy with more charisma who made less mistakes.

Though this was a marginal victory for the Dems, the magnitude of the victory is amplified by the fact that the Repugs did everything they could think of to stop the President from being re-elected.

Never in history has there been such an effort as this.

The fact that the President was re-elected despite the all out Repug effort shows how strong the Dems are.

So even though this was just a marginal victory for the Dems, for the Republicans it was an

EPIC FAIL!

Mitch McConnell should really be wearing a bag over his head for the next 4 years!

:badgrin:

Guy, I voted for Obama this time (I didn't last time).

But I think this is the first election since 1996 there was a decline in vote participation on the presidential level. In 1996, the election was pretty one sided, but this one was close.

Now it might just be that expansion of the voter base, after increasing 37% since 1996, those who have been encouraged to vote decided it wasn't worth it this time. Or it might show a lot of voters are giving up on the political process, which isn't good for the country or either party, really.

The GOP could have won if it nominated a guy with more charisma who made less mistakes.

I think that there are a lot of Americans that are just plain sick of us political junkies!

Richard, all true, but Obama can't run again.

Hillary grates people the wrong way, Biden comes off as a little crazy and the Dem Bench is a little green.

Both parties have their problems.

What really amazed me this cycle is that we didn't have a third party emerge to throw a monkey wrench into the works. That's usually what happens when you have two parties that people are disappointed with.

Though this was a marginal victory for the Dems, the magnitude of the victory is amplified by the fact that the Repugs did everything they could think of to stop the President from being re-elected.

The fact that the President was re-elected despite the all out Repug effort shows how strong the Dems are.

So even though this was just a marginal victory for the Dems, for the Republicans it was an

EPIC FAIL!

Mitch McConnell should really be wearing a bag over his head for the next 4 years!

OMG, NEVER in HISTORY has there been such effort..
lets get the dramatics there..
And the Democrats didn't do shit to try and get Republicans defeated..they were just the nicest of people...

And the Democrats didn't do shit to try and get Republicans defeated..they were just the nicest of people...

The Democrats certainly didn't spend four years focusing on this election, to the exclusion of all other things (you know, the rest of the country's business). Defeating Obama last week was the Republicans' sole driving motivation as a political party. And they failed. And they lost seats in the House and Senate.

In other words, they just wasted four years of their lives. And of ours.

So...Romney spent eight years and a billion dollars trying to be president

What does he have to show for it?

206 Electoral votes

Hey fuckwad I didn't vote for Romney and I didn't vote for Bam Bam either.

Why don't you at least try to move out of your two dimensional pigeonhole.
Thank you for not participating, and helping President Obama (praise be unto Him!) win!

Another two dimensional pigeonhole resident.

Just because I didn't vote for a republicrat does mean I didn't vote, you fucking idiot.

I didn't claim you didn't vote, just that you didn't participate in picking a winner.

I am all for a third part candidate breaking the stranglehold but it's only going to come from a self-financed billionaire with a strong populist message, who doesn't give a shit about bucking the system and pissing off his peers.

It's a tall order. Perot could have done it, Bloomberg can do it. Too bad Soros is so old and not a citizen, and unappealing. But there are a few out there.

Since when do we use electoral votes as a measure of anything?

If one more person voted for candidate A over candidate B in every state the popular vote be very close but the electoral vote would be a true landslide.

Electoral votes have nothing to do with the mindset of the people. The system was designed to create a buffer between the people and the selection of a president therefore using electoral votes as a measure of popular opinion is ill advised.

Since the start of this country.

Really the electoral vote has always been used a measure of the population's mindset?

Most of the sheep don't even know what the electoral college is.
I'd say there is a significant number who don't know who the Veep is.

I heard David McCullough say on '60 Minutes' tonight that he has actually had college students tell him after a lecture that until that night they didn't know that the 13 colonies were all on the East Coast.

There is a crisis of ignorance in this country and that's just how the Right wants it.

Hmmm...if it really were Electoral Slaughter, wouldn't the Dems have taken the House, and the majority of the Governorships?
No, dumbass. House/Senate/Governorships seats are not decided by the Electoral College.

The sun still shines and we still have our family and friends.

As for me, I plan to spend as much time as possible outside of the U.S. I'm also going on "retail" strike. No shopping when at home except for absolute necessities. We've also put a hiring freeze in place in our company and will likely fill any positions we do need with temps.
That's because you hate America when your side isn't in power. POS.

EPIC FAIL!

If the Republican Party is smart they will replace McConnell as Senate Leader and Cantor as House Leader.

EPIC FAIL!

OMG, NEVER in HISTORY has there been such effort..
lets get the dramatics there..
You're a fool. And now that the election is over and you have been whipped badly, there is no longer any payoff for me to laugh at you and your ignorant, childish posts. Welcome to ignore.

It could be 400 to nothing. Half the country hates the guy. That's not a mandate.

"I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it. It is my style." - George Bush, 2004.

Bush: 286
Kerry: 251

You were saying?

Forum List

Back