Can You Say Electoral Slaughter?

[
That only means that a whole lot of people have been turned off by politics in the past four years.

Did you know that Mittwit got fewer Mormon votes than McCain? :lol:

Hells, bells, man, I've been turned off by politics in the last four years.

Pick 538 names out of the phone book, they'd do a better job.

But are you serious about Mittens getting less Mormon votes than McCain did? Seriously?
That's what's been reported. I'll look for it. I know he got 2% less than Bush did in 2004 (80%/78%)

Since when do we use electoral votes as a measure of anything?

If one more person voted for candidate A over candidate B in every state the popular vote be very close but the electoral vote would be a true landslide.

Electoral votes have nothing to do with the mindset of the people. The system was designed to create a buffer between the people and the selection of a president therefore using electoral votes as a measure of popular opinion is ill advised.

Since the start of this country.

If one more person voted for candidate A over candidate B in every state the popular vote be very close but the electoral vote would be a true landslide.

Electoral votes have nothing to do with the mindset of the people. The system was designed to create a buffer between the people and the selection of a president therefore using electoral votes as a measure of popular opinion is ill advised.

Now of course if the outcome was flipped and romney won by the same margin of electoral votes, of course you would say the exact same thing. Right?

Sure you would.

Hey fuckwad I didn't vote for Romney and I didn't vote for Bam Bam either.

Why don't you at least try to move out of your two dimensional pigeonhole.
Thank you for not participating, and helping President Obama (praise be unto Him!) win!

Romney got less votes than McCain did.

If Romney had McCain's vote total it would have been much closer, and he could have perhaps won the election, through the EC.

It doesn't really matter at this point, it's how governable will the US be with 58,167,260 or 48.0% if the public who isn't buying what obama is selling. More, it's that 58,167,260 or 48.0% of the public will be intent on obstructing and stopping obama.

Democrats imagine that because obama won, it means that he has the whole nation behind him except for a few nutters. As we see, that's not the case whatsoever, not even close. Up until Bush, it's been a case of once a president won the nation would unite behind him and present one face to the world. If there is one thing learned from the way democrats destroyed George Bush, it's that unity is no longer needed. The divisions will just get deeper and wider. Each side will just grow more recalcitrant.

[
That only means that a whole lot of people have been turned off by politics in the past four years.

Did you know that Mittwit got fewer Mormon votes than McCain? :lol:

Hells, bells, man, I've been turned off by politics in the last four years.

Pick 538 names out of the phone book, they'd do a better job.

But are you serious about Mittens getting less Mormon votes than McCain did? Seriously?
That's what's been reported. I'll look for it. I know he got 2% less than Bush did in 2004 (80%/78%)

Not that I'm doubting you, Synth, it's just kind of surprising, given this was the "Mormon Moment"....

Now of course if the outcome was flipped and romney won by the same margin of electoral votes, of course you would say the exact same thing. Right?

Sure you would.

Hey fuckwad I didn't vote for Romney and I didn't vote for Bam Bam either.

Why don't you at least try to move out of your two dimensional pigeonhole.
Thank you for not participating, and helping President Obama (praise be unto Him!) win!

Another two dimensional pigeonhole resident.

Just because I didn't vote for a republicrat does mean I didn't vote, you fucking idiot.

Since the start of this country.

Really the electoral vote has always been used a measure of the population's mindset?

Most of the sheep don't even know what the electoral college is.

Hmmm...if it really were Electoral Slaughter, wouldn't the Dems have taken the House, and the majority of the Governorships?

Hmmm...if it really were Electoral Slaughter, wouldn't the Dems have taken the House, and the majority of the Governorships?

Very few governorships were up this time.

For the House, what preserved the GOP Majority was that redistricting and gerrymandering made their districts safe. Dems actually got more house votes on the state level.

The GOP really needs to get its head out of its ass, stop sucking up to rich people, and get right with minorities and women, or it's just going to be a regional party in the South.

I mean, shit, imagine what this election would have been like if Obama were white and the economy was awesome.

When a poster plays the Race Card, he admits the bankruptcy of his ideology.

Thanks for playing.

They did take the majority of the gubernatorial races (7/11). And, as Joe just pointed out, a majority of votes cast for House candidates nationwide went to Democrats.

126 electoral votes, any way you cut it

Romney could have taken Florida, Ohio and Virginia and would have still lost

Butt kicking

The sun still shines and we still have our family and friends.

As for me, I plan to spend as much time as possible outside of the U.S. I'm also going on "retail" strike. No shopping when at home except for absolute necessities. We've also put a hiring freeze in place in our company and will likely fill any positions we do need with temps.

Forum List

Back