Can You Imagine If The US Shot Down An Airliner??

They have trust issues because we don't really give a fuck about the people there...we just give a fuck about what global corporations can profit there ...If Iran had no oil reserves, we wouldn't give a fuck about them.....

If Iran decided to to give foreign corporations a 85% share of their oil revenue like they gave BP -- we would be singing the praises of Iran overnight....but what country in their right mind would allow foreign corporations to take 85% of their natural resources??

So when Iran kicked BP and the other corporations out -- they became the most evil country in the world.....

Oh come on now....The whole "War over oil" is so 2005....We are energy independant now, so that takes the wind out of that sail....

No, we are just as pissed that Iran would have the audacity to sell their oil to China and Russia without our OK.

They're down to 200k barrels per day...Who gives a crap? Nah, it's a worn out trope designed to bash this country and that's all...IMHO.
So you think no one cares about Iran's oil huh??

Again...if Iran bowed down and shared its oil revenue with global companies like they did before Iran nationalized their oil -- all of that Iran rhetoric will be turned into Iran praise overnight...

Iran Finds Oil Field With Over 50 Billion Barrels, Rouhani Says

Maybe, maybe not....What I do know is that we aren't fighting any wars now, or in the past where we have seized the oil, or it's revenue....So, it's just not true.

Why would Trump say that we would just take their oil?

Well, of course they have trust issues, but not because of any avaition mishap, more so that because of the way our Commander in Chief is rather hamstrung by political whims of the time, we tend to message that we are behind a people, then leave them to fend for themselves at the change of a political wind....
They have trust issues because we don't really give a fuck about the people there...we just give a fuck about what global corporations can profit there ...If Iran had no oil reserves, we wouldn't give a fuck about them.....

If Iran decided to to give foreign corporations a 85% share of their oil revenue like they gave BP -- we would be singing the praises of Iran overnight....but what country in their right mind would allow foreign corporations to take 85% of their natural resources??

So when Iran kicked BP and the other corporations out -- they became the most evil country in the world.....

Oh come on now....The whole "War over oil" is so 2005....We are energy independant now, so that takes the wind out of that sail....

No, we are just as pissed that Iran would have the audacity to sell their oil to China and Russia without our OK.

They're down to 200k barrels per day...Who gives a crap? Nah, it's a worn out trope designed to bash this country and that's all...IMHO.

Is that why Trump said he would just confiscate the oil of other countries? Of course he had to be told he can't actually do that. You have to create a bogus war to control it.

Trump spouts lots of things...many of which are designed to get your goat....Why do you let him...?

If the powers that be want to do that, it won't be the first time. I was called out and I backed my words up. If I get a hit for that, so be it. Remember.......principles.

Shrug.

Remember, this thread is supposed to be about the shooting down of an airliner.

Then they launch a whataboutery about Obama using drones (Hillary, whoever).

Then, bait liberals - were you for or against Obama using drones...

Then you fall for the whataboutery and the bait.

Reacting to that crappy pissing contest has exactly nothing to do with principles. You've been led around by the nose, and may yet take that hit. Still, as I said before, you proceed as you please.

Is that why Trump said he would just confiscate the oil of other countries? Of course he had to be told he can't actually do that. You have to create a bogus war to control it.

Trump spouts lots of things...many of which are designed to get your goat....Why do you let him...?

Is that what we should expect from a president? To act like a 12 year old on the playground?

Is that what we should expect from a president? To act like a 12 year old on the playground?
Seems to be working out OK for you.

Seems to be working out OK for you.

That's right, make it about me as opposed to the president as certainly, that is more important.

Even if I did the same thing, I am not the president.

Oh really? Okay, describe them for us. You can start with our boat, in Iranian waters, shooting down a civilian plane in Iranian airspace.

And, go!
Americans did not shoot a missile at an airliner taking off from one of its own airports.
We did shoot a missile at an airliner in Iran air space with a IFF beacon

We actually claimed......I thought it was an F-14
...and the Vincennes was in Iranian territorial waters when the deed was done.

Nope. Why do you lie?

Vincennes's helicopter had followed the Revolutionary Guard gunboats into Iranian waters, and while maintaining contact with the boats, came under gunfire from the Iranians.[4]

The helicopter crew reported that they had come under fire and with that report, Rogers turned his ship around and, with the frigate Elmer Montgomery, moved to intercept the gunboats. By doing so, Vincennes crossed into Iranian waters herself.

USS Vincennes (CG-49) - Wikipedia
Guess he deleted the lie accusation (without an apology).

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....
If Obama shot down an airliner.... the left's media would say it was an honest mistake.

If not.....

Probably because of global warming. Greenhouse gases were reduced thanks to the shooting.
Maybe a disgusting video was involved.
If Obama ordered an air strike that ended up with an airliner being shot down -- and then Obama said he would never apologize no matter what the facts are -- Obama would be rightfully condemned...…

And there is no need to do a what if about it -- since him wearing a tan suit triggered people....
Obama gave billions to Iran....our mortal enemy....traded 5 terrorist generals for a traitor....spied on the incoming POTUS....used the IRS to punish his political opponents....helped arm and train ISIS.....spied on members of Congress and the media.....threw critics in prison......killed thousands of people in drone strikes....yet you feel he was treated unfairly????????

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?????

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....
Clinton shot down a 747 out of New York City in 1996. And got away with it.
Why did the republicans let him get away with it then???

I don't recall them bringing it up during his impeachment -- they were too obsessed with who sucked his dick
I am spouting sarcasm like you guys do. The story I have heard is that a Cessna type aircraft with a terrorist was in the area loaded with explosives. We had A fleet of ships in the area doing an exercise. The Cessna type craft was getting closer to the 747 Jet. One of the ships shot a sea to air missile at the Cessna type aircraft. The missile veered to the engine areas of the 747 instead and blew it out of the sky. The story was covered up. True or false!

I am not understanding your sarcasm bit. Was this intended to be sarcasm?

If not, it is false. Complete and total fiction.

1) There was no Cessna.
2) The missiles use radar, not IR for guidance.
3) It was an Airbus 300, not a 747.

Now, where did you get this story? Posting crap like this will have libtards believing it.

Last edited:
That was definitely a screw-up by Doocy, but as for the tragic mistake itself, keep this in mind what was occurring at the time the
Vincennes fired the missle. [...]

That is a load of self-serving crap contradicted outright by the U.S.'s own investigation. But those exclusively dwelling in the rightarded blabbosphere will never learn anything about that. Not least, the Vincennes had entered into Iranian waters, commonly regarded as an act of war, contrary to the lies by the U.S., defying direct orders to stay out of Iranian waters. And yes, far from being disciplined for insubordination, the captain got a medal for outstanding service.

Also, it is a flagrant violation of several posting rules, from the length of the quote to the omission of a link to the source.

The Vincennes was in Iranian waters in response to an Iranian attack by small boats on their helicopter. Is that also nt an act of war?

The circumstances surrounding that Iranian airliner accident were way different from this one.
Oh really? Okay, describe them for us. You can start with our boat, in Iranian waters, shooting down a civilian plane in Iranian airspace.

And, go!
Americans did not shoot a missile at an airliner taking off from one of its own airports.
Yeah, even worse, we shot down a commercial airliner in someone else's country.
As it failed to respond to calls from the ship that attacked it. The ship that was being attacked by Iranian gunboats which had just shot at helicopters flying over international airspace all in the middle of a war between Iran and a US ally at that time.
Yeah, it’s all the same to an American-hating democrat sheep like you.
Tehran is looking for a few IED test dummies like you.
Even without responding, it put out a signal that it was a commercial flight. We ultimately paid up because we fucked up. Sad that you're so blind, you can't even see when America fucks up.

Yeah....because we all know Iran isn't capable of deception.

Why ask me? Seems to me you should ask Donald. I'm not worried about it. Just one more dead Iranian. Great to know our smart bombs work. Bet the Ayatollah realizes that too.

Right, you don't call out Trump's lies like you said.
Bet me $500.00 giving the needed info to a senior moderator here to pay me and I'll be glad to go locate some examples. Since I know you are totally sure you're right, I can count on you to take the bet?

Maybe you have but it's obvious you aren't going to here. Maybe you condemned him saying he was going to pull out of Syria........but that was a lie.

I fully condemn Donald Trump for not taking credit for scaring the living bejesus out of the Iranians so much that they were literally shitting themselves shooting at every thing they saw in the sky, including the Moon and Venus! :auiqs.jpg: Next time maybe, the airport will contact the authorities and tell them they want to launch a flight right after a military barrage asking them if it is OK?
Did taking out Saddam scare the Iraqis into doing what we tell them??

Because still fighting the same fight 18 years later tells me that they are not doing what we tell them

Your math needs work. We invaded Iraq in 2003, not 2001. That would be 16, almost 17 years ago, not 19.

And, go!
As it failed to respond to calls from the ship that attacked it. The ship that was being attacked by Iranian gunboats which had just shot at helicopters flying over international airspace all in the middle of a war between Iran and a US ally at that time.
Even without responding, it put out a signal that it was a commercial flight. We ultimately paid up because we fucked up. Sad that you're so blind, you can't even see when America fucks up.

Anyone is, including us. Doesn't negate the reality we shot down a civilian flight over their own airspace. And speaking to this thread, it was absurd to ask, imagine if the U.S. shot down an airliner.

We did. Make up all the excuses you want. We did. Just like Iran can make up all the excuses they want. They did too.

Iran Air flight 655. Hubris, makes me want to puke. At this point, nobody likes this crap.

Right. There is a lot of this going around. This is why now airlines don't let any commercial planes fly thru a designated war zone. I think they started that right after that airplane was shot down by Russia-favoring separatists in the Ukraine. China shot one down, too, IIRC -- it's been some years.

But I agree, our shooting down the Iranian aircraft, a mistaken defensive move, was no different from the Iranians making the same mistake last week. I remember the photo of the naked bodies all floating in the Persian Gulf --- the water sucked off their clothes. Some people said it was a picture of mannequins, but I think that was too early for that kind of photoshopping.

The bodies lost their clothing through them falling from a great altitude, not water. They were falling at a speed quite greater than a skydiver when the plane was ripped apart. Clothes just tear off at that kind of airspeed.

Because he is the President of the United States and we have to trust him to make decisions on our behalf

That was definitely a screw-up by Doocy, but as for the tragic mistake itself, keep this in mind what was occurring at the time the
Vincennes fired the missle. [...]

That is a load of self-serving crap contradicted outright by the U.S.'s own investigation. But those exclusively dwelling in the rightarded blabbosphere will never learn anything about that. Not least, the Vincennes had entered into Iranian waters, commonly regarded as an act of war, contrary to the lies by the U.S., defying direct orders to stay out of Iranian waters. And yes, far from being disciplined for insubordination, the captain got a medal for outstanding service.

Also, it is a flagrant violation of several posting rules, from the length of the quote to the omission of a link to the source.

The Vincennes was in Iranian waters in response to an Iranian attack by small boats on their helicopter. Is that also nt an act of war?
Whose waters were the helicopter in?
It is hard for a small boat to attack a helicopter unless that helicopter is following them

Anyone is, including us. Doesn't negate the reality we shot down a civilian flight over their own airspace. And speaking to this thread, it was absurd to ask, imagine if the U.S. shot down an airliner.

We did. Make up all the excuses you want. We did. Just like Iran can make up all the excuses they want. They did too.

So why didnt the plane change course when told to?

LOL

You just can't stop making excuses for us shooting down a commercial airliner, can you?

LOL

You just can't stop making excuses for us shooting down a commercial airliner, can you?

And you wont answer the question.

Forum List

Back