Can You Imagine If The US Shot Down An Airliner??

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....
Clinton shot down a 747 out of New York City in 1996. And got away with it.
Why did the republicans let him get away with it then???

I don't recall them bringing it up during his impeachment -- they were too obsessed with who sucked his dick
I am spouting sarcasm like you guys do. The story I have heard is that a Cessna type aircraft with a terrorist was in the area loaded with explosives. We had A fleet of ships in the area doing an exercise. The Cessna type craft was getting closer to the 747 Jet. One of the ships shot a sea to air missile at the Cessna type aircraft. The missile veered to the engine areas of the 747 instead and blew it out of the sky. The story was covered up. True or false!

The topic is killing innocent people and not taking responsibility.

Then the topic is about you because you're both killing me and this thread and obviously not taking any responsibility.

Tehran killed innocent people and never would have taken responsibility had not for our satellite intelligence busted them. Now the shit has hit the fan over there.

Another great win for that grand-chessmaster, Donald, scourge of the Pelosians.

Yes the people understand they were lied to and are upset and protesting and demanding change. I hope some day we follow their lead.
How can we follow what we already lead? Isn't the whole point of being over there is to get Iran to follow the lead of the rest of the world and change already? Yes.

They are upset they were lied to. We regularly accept being lied to.
I don't. That's why I get my facts independently rather than partisan sources and we have a hundred watchdog organizations in this country to police our government and media. Iran has zero. EVERYTHING these people are told is a lie.

I've not seen you call out Trump's lies. Now granted no one can see and remember everything but have I missed something?

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....

Well, of course they have trust issues, but not because of any avaition mishap, more so that because of the way our Commander in Chief is rather hamstrung by political whims of the time, we tend to message that we are behind a people, then leave them to fend for themselves at the change of a political wind....
They have trust issues because we don't really give a fuck about the people there...we just give a fuck about what global corporations can profit there ...If Iran had no oil reserves, we wouldn't give a fuck about them.....

If Iran decided to to give foreign corporations a 85% share of their oil revenue like they gave BP -- we would be singing the praises of Iran overnight....but what country in their right mind would allow foreign corporations to take 85% of their natural resources??

So when Iran kicked BP and the other corporations out -- they became the most evil country in the world.....

Oh come on now....The whole "War over oil" is so 2005....We are energy independant now, so that takes the wind out of that sail....

No, we are just as pissed that Iran would have the audacity to sell their oil to China and Russia without our OK.

Then the topic is about you because you're both killing me and this thread and obviously not taking any responsibility.

Tehran killed innocent people and never would have taken responsibility had not for our satellite intelligence busted them. Now the shit has hit the fan over there.

Another great win for that grand-chessmaster, Donald, scourge of the Pelosians.

Yes the people understand they were lied to and are upset and protesting and demanding change. I hope some day we follow their lead.
How can we follow what we already lead? Isn't the whole point of being over there is to get Iran to follow the lead of the rest of the world and change already? Yes.

I don't. That's why I get my facts independently rather than partisan sources and we have a hundred watchdog organizations in this country to police our government and media. Iran has zero. EVERYTHING these people are told is a lie.

I've not seen you call out Trump's lies. Now granted no one can see and remember everything but have I missed something?
I call Trump out on the rug all the time. Too bad you always miss it. Tards only seem to object when I do the same for Obama and Hillary.

Clinton shot down a 747 out of New York City in 1996. And got away with it.
Why did the republicans let him get away with it then???

I don't recall them bringing it up during his impeachment -- they were too obsessed with who sucked his dick
I am spouting sarcasm like you guys do. The story I have heard is that a Cessna type aircraft with a terrorist was in the area loaded with explosives. We had A fleet of ships in the area doing an exercise. The Cessna type craft was getting closer to the 747 Jet. One of the ships shot a sea to air missile at the Cessna type aircraft. The missile veered to the engine areas of the 747 instead and blew it out of the sky. The story was covered up. True or false!
The US shooting down a jet and killing 290 people isn't sarcasm....

But I am not surprised that conservatives suck at sarcasm.....

I call Trump out on the rug all the time. Too bad you always miss it. Tards only seem to object when I do the same for Obama and Hillary.
What have you called Trump out on??

Let me guess, he isn't bigoted enough towards the people you want him to be bigoted to??

What have you called Trump out on??

Let me guess, he isn't bigoted enough towards the people you want him to be bigoted to??

Sorry, Biff, I don't keep a running categorical list just for you. I actually have a life. You'll need to do your own research.

I guess I have missed it. I have failed to see you call out Trump's lie here. He has info of an imminent attack that his defense secretary hasn't even seen?

US Drone Strike Reportedly Kills 60 Civilians in Afghanistan

Of course the excuse will be that this was done during a war. The facts are there is absolutely NO reason for us to still be there. What we did was target someone defending their country from invaders and killed a slew of innocent people.

Obama issued over 500 drone strikes killing over 2,300 people. Didyagiveafuck then?

Absolutely. Obama (along with many others) deserves nothing better than to rot in hell for what he did.

Of course the excuse will be that this was done during a war. The facts are there is absolutely NO reason for us to still be there. What we did was target someone defending their country from invaders and killed a slew of innocent people.

Obama issued over 500 drone strikes killing over 2,300 people. Didyagiveafuck then?
I did......in fact, lots of progressives did...I don't recall you folks out there with us...

Anti-drones activists plan month of protest over Obama's 'kill' policy

Its funny how you dic suckers will contradict your own bullshit based on whatever thread you are on at the time...on one thread, you morons claim Obama loved MUSLIMS and did nothing against them because of how he is a radical muslim terrorist dictator and all...…

And then when you are getting yo ass handed to you on a different post -- now suddenly Obama launched more drone strikes against "MUSLIMS" than any other president in US history.....both positions can't be true....which tells me you are full of shit....

I guess I have missed it. I have failed to see you call out Trump's lie here. He has info of an imminent attack that his defense secretary hasn't even seen?
Why ask me? Seems to me you should ask Donald. I'm not worried about it. Just one more dead Iranian. Great to know our smart bombs work. Bet the Ayatollah realizes that too.

Why ask me? Seems to me you should ask Donald. I'm not worried about it. Just one more dead Iranian. Great to know our smart bombs work. Bet the Ayatollah realizes that too.

Right, you don't call out Trump's lies like you said.

I did......in fact, lots of progressives did...I don't recall you folks out there with us...

Its funny how you dic suckers will contradict your own bullshit based on whatever thread you are on at the time...on one thread, you morons claim Obama loved MUSLIMS and did nothing against them because of how he is a radical muslim terrorist dictator and all...…

And then when you are getting yo ass handed to you on a different post -- now suddenly Obama launched more drone strikes against "MUSLIMS" than any other president in US history.....both positions can't be true....which tells me you are full of shit....

Ok then please link me to your threads that you created stating how you hated Obama's drone strikes.

Don't link me to some article from the guardian. I asked if YOU gave a fuck. Not if some overseas newspaper linked to some unheard of group.

Bet me $500.00 giving the needed info to a senior moderator here to pay me and I'll be glad to go locate some examples. Since I know you are totally sure you're right, I can count on you to take the bet?

Ok then please link me to your threads that you created stating how you hated Obama's drone strikes.

Don't link me to some article from the guardian. I asked if YOU gave a fuck. Not if some overseas newspaper linked to some unheard of group.

I will provide examples of me condemning him but why exactly do you have to provide the "Out" that I created? I don't create many threads and I wasn't here when Obama did it but I can go back to other sources. Why is it not enough that I routinely condemned him in threads others created?

I wasn't on this shite when Obama was president -- so here is what you can do...

Find me one single comment I have ever made when I cheered drone strikes??

I am consistent......even on this thread, I didn't give equivocations, I didn't say "but Obama's drone strikes are different because blah blah"

I am a progressive...period....meanwhile, you folks will contradict shit you just said 2 hours ago if Trump tells you to....you are reprogrammable meatbags

Bet me $500.00 giving the needed info to a senior moderator here to pay me and I'll be glad to go locate some examples. Since I know you are totally sure you're right, I can count on you to take the bet?

Maybe you have but it's obvious you aren't going to here. Maybe you condemned him saying he was going to pull out of Syria........but that was a lie.

If Obama shot down an airliner.... the left's media would say it was an honest mistake.

If not.....

Probably because of global warming. Greenhouse gases were reduced thanks to the shooting.
Maybe a disgusting video was involved.

That was definitely a screw-up by Doocy, but as for the tragic mistake itself, keep this in mind what was occurring at the time the
Vincennes fired the missle. [...]

That is a load of self-serving crap contradicted outright by the U.S.'s own investigation. But those exclusively dwelling in the rightarded blabbosphere will never learn anything about that. Not least, the Vincennes had entered into Iranian waters, commonly regarded as an act of war, contrary to the lies by the U.S., defying direct orders to stay out of Iranian waters. And yes, far from being disciplined for insubordination, the captain got a medal for outstanding service.

Also, it is a flagrant violation of several posting rules, from the length of the quote to the omission of a link to the source.

Forum List

Back