Can You Imagine If The US Shot Down An Airliner??

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....
I remember that. What this liar leaves out was that there was lots of talk about the airliner being used as a bomb. Of course that was all ignored by the commies.
I remember that as well. It was off of its course and didn't listen to the US 10 requests to identify themselves, and they ignored those.

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia

Flight 655 was first detected by Vincennes immediately after takeoff when it received a short IFF Mode II, possibly leading the crew of Vincennes to believe that the airliner was an Iranian F-14 Tomcat (capable of carrying unguided bombs since 1985[29]) diving into an attack profile. Since the USS Stark incident, all aircraft in the area had to monitor 121.5 Mhz, the International Air Distress (IAD) radio frequency. A total of 10 attempts were made to warn the airliner, seven on the Military Air Distress (MAD) frequency, and three on the IAD frequency. There were no responses.[18]

We were off course. We were in Iranian waters.
You weren't there liar you don't know what was what.

I posted the link days ago. We were in Iranian waters.
You posted a link? My God why didn't you tell me? Case dismissed!

I remember that as well. It was off of its course and didn't listen to the US 10 requests to identify themselves, and they ignored those.

Flight 655 was first detected by Vincennes immediately after takeoff when it received a short IFF Mode II, possibly leading the crew of Vincennes to believe that the airliner was an Iranian F-14 Tomcat (capable of carrying unguided bombs since 1985[29]) diving into an attack profile. Since the USS Stark incident, all aircraft in the area had to monitor 121.5 Mhz, the International Air Distress (IAD) radio frequency. A total of 10 attempts were made to warn the airliner, seven on the Military Air Distress (MAD) frequency, and three on the IAD frequency. There were no responses.[18]

he was merely pointing out you have no idea why they were there.

Yes I do. It was all in my link.
yes you do what?

Too bad there were no provable facts in your link.

I remember that. What this liar leaves out was that there was lots of talk about the airliner being used as a bomb. Of course that was all ignored by the commies.

and 10 times they attempted to contact the jet. The flight was an 18 minute ride in the air, it was in the air 17 minutes and over the water rather than direct flight. At the time, the US took fire ahead of that. Merely pointing out, the two shoot downs are different.

We were in Iranian waters. We had no business even being there. Notice a pattern?
says who? you? I posted the material. And yet you have more information than what's there?

Here we go again huh? you misrepresenting what I posted.

We've covered this earlier. We were in Iranian waters.

Too bad there were no provable facts in your link.
there never will be as with what I posted. WE have our version and they have theirs and no one will ever know the truth. The one thing that isn't up for discussion is where the jet was, it was on a different course than what the flight plan was laid out for.

Good thing we don't have Iranian boats, Syrian boats, Libyan boats, Hezbollah boats, ISIS boats, al-Shabab boats sailing in our waters.....that would definitely be a problem....

You posted a link? My God why didn't you tell me? Case dismissed!

If you don't want to know the facts, well I guess you don't. {Shrug}

and 10 times they attempted to contact the jet. The flight was an 18 minute ride in the air, it was in the air 17 minutes and over the water rather than direct flight. At the time, the US took fire ahead of that. Merely pointing out, the two shoot downs are different.

We were in Iranian waters. We had no business even being there. Notice a pattern?
says who? you? I posted the material. And yet you have more information than what's there?

so what? That adds to the argument of the jet liner being a missile.

Good thing we don't have Iranian boats, Syrian boats, Libyan boats, Hezbollah boats, ISIS boats, al-Shabab boats sailing in our waters.....that would definitely be a problem....
how do you know there aren't any of that?

so what? That adds to the argument of the jet liner being a missile.

So what? The what is we had NO business being there and if we aren't there none of it happens.

What we did not learn in Vietnam was that adventuring haphazardly into the globe's nooks and crannies has unpleasant consequences. We also did not learn to control those who misgovern in such a way. We did not learn to love our children enough to spare them the ignominious burden of having fought and killed for nothing. We did not learn that misspending our wealth this way meant constructive things went undone.
What we did learn is that America escaped punishment for flagrant violation of international accords and laws. We learned that powerful people don't get judged for war crimes. And, being as collectively simple as the American public appears to be, we are going to repeat all these lessons yet once more.

Oh really? Okay, describe them for us. You can start with our boat, in Iranian waters, shooting down a civilian plane in Iranian airspace.

And, go!
Americans did not shoot a missile at an airliner taking off from one of its own airports.
We did shoot a missile at an airliner in Iran air space with a IFF beacon

We actually claimed......I thought it was an F-14
...and the Vincennes was in Iranian territorial waters when the deed was done.
Being attacked by gunboats.
Do you even realize that you’re trying to justify mass murder by Iranians?
It is surprising that someone would post such a statement.
The fact of the ship's location at the time is simply that; a fact.
That one nation might attack in its territorial waters a warship of another nation is almost natural.
No justification for "mass murder" can logically be implied.
Everything you’re doing is trying to qualify Iran shooting down an airliner taking off from its own airport. Like pointing out an American mistake occurring amidst almost untenable conditions makes it OK for more Iranian mass murder.

Americans did not shoot a missile at an airliner taking off from one of its own airports.

That one nation might attack in its territorial waters a warship of another nation is almost natural.
Everything you’re doing is trying to qualify Iran shooting down an airliner taking off from its own airport. Like pointing out an American mistake occurring amidst almost untenable conditions makes it OK for more Iranian mass murder.

Nobody, and I'll repeat nobody said it was OK.

But you know that.

But you know that.
One wonders, "pknopp", what motivates these people to be so vociferous in their refusal to exchange reasonably. Their filters are so fixed over their vision that they see red where there is really no tint. Expressing less than agreement with their opinion is equivalent to heresy. There can be no direct discussion with them.

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....

You left out a few facts like it was during a war. Vincennes was in Iranian territory AFTER its helicopters drew fire from Iranian speedboats. According to the U.S. the Airbus was uncorrectly identified as an attacking F-14 Tomcat which was a U.S. plane that the Iranian airforce had been using. After 10 attempts to contact the airplane, it was shot down. The F-14s carried air to ground ordinance that would have been catastrophic to the Vincennes. The vincennes acted in self defense during wartime. The loss of innocent lives was acknowledged by President Reagan.

To somehow try to use those facts and apply them to the IRANIAN military shooting down a UKRANIAN aribus is, I'm sorry, the most traitorous, anti-
American bullshit I have heard in a long long time. Shame on Geraldo and shame on you if you believe his fantasy.

You left out a few facts like it was during a war. Vincennes was in Iranian territory AFTER its helicopters drew fire from Iranian speedboats. According to the U.S. the Airbus was uncorrectly identified as an attacking F-14 Tomcat which was a U.S. plane that the Iranian airforce had been using. After 10 attempts to contact the airplane, it was shot down. The F-14s carried air to ground ordinance that would have been catastrophic to the Vincennes. The vincennes acted in self defense during wartime. The loss of innocent lives was acknowledged by President Reagan.

To somehow try to use those facts and apply them to the IRANIAN military shooting down a UKRANIAN aribus is, I'm sorry, the most traitorous, anti-
American bullshit I have heard in a long long time. Shame on Geraldo and shame on you if you believe his fantasy.

The helicopter was fired upon after it went into Iranian airspace.

If we were not where we didn't belong none of it happens.

So we shot down the airliner, because we may have been under threat of attack.

In other words, the same reason Iran made the same mistake.

Thanks for doing our light work, Leo!

But you know that.
One wonders, "pknopp", what motivates these people to be so vociferous in their refusal to exchange reasonably. Their filters are so fixed over their vision that they see red where there is really no tint. Expressing less than agreement with their opinion is equivalent to heresy. There can be no direct discussion with them.
You’re obviously describing left wingers.

Forum List

Back