Can women rock too?

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D

I think their pretty close to rocking there... maybe still kind of like pop, but not too bad for asian rock I think.

Montrovant, you like this? :lol:

You have to hand it too them though, the entire band is made of women... no men.

Just doesn't seem like the type of music that he would like at all. :D

Yeah, even though they look very talented to me, I still think their more like a pop band. Music just evolved differently in the west

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I think their pretty close to rocking there... maybe still kind of like pop, but not too bad for asian rock I think.

Montrovant, you like this? :lol:

I'm not a big fan of Band Maid, no. But I posted a couple of Japanese female-fronted bands I do like! Babymetal is funny, but has surprisingly decent music. Dazzle Vision was a band that made some good songs.

Oh, let's do Japanese women in rock/metal, too! :D

And Babymetal is always fun!

That is . . . awful, just awful. My word. :eusa_doh:

Just wait.....try this!

Oh those kooky Japanese! (The guy is Australian, I think).

There just is not a big Blues influence in Japanese rock........ though, it may occasionally GIVE you the blues.

Just wait.....try this!

No thank you. I will pass. I think I've heard that one before. I need ear bleach! :ack-1:

There just is not a big Blues influence in Japanese rock........ though, it may occasionally GIVE you the blues.

It is terrible. Lol.

Just wait.....try this!

And that's not even his only band with a Japanese girl. This one might be even weirder...

It is terrible. Lol.

Yes, but I'm trying to give them excuses.... ;)

Just wait.....try this!

And that's not even his only band with a Japanese girl. This one might be even weirder...

That man is a baffoon. Lol!

It is terrible. Lol.

You need to try harder then. :lol:

It is terrible. Lol.

You just can't handle growling or screaming vocals. ;)

It is terrible. Lol.

You just can't handle growling or screaming vocals. ;)

Well, that depends. I like Axl Rose. I like Lemmy. Not exactly what you would call a "good singer" but totally fit with the music. I also don't care much for music about cannibal corpses and stuff. That is just not my thing. :D

Forum List

Back