Can women rock too?

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D
Can we include mixed bans containing both male and females assuming the women did lead vocals at least part of the time?

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

Can we include mixed bans containing both male and females assuming the women did lead vocals at least part of the time?
If so, I must bring up the Fleetwood Mac if Stevie don't rock who does?

Sure. Why not.

Seriously? He doesn't think Heart rocks? Pat Benatar? Joan Jett? He must have a really narrow view of what rock is.

He says they have talent but that they can't rock like the guys can (and then he will compare them to Metallica or something). :rolleyes-41:

LOL, there are a lot fewer women in hard rock/metal than men. Not everyone can be Metallica. :)

Does he compare them to older Metallica, at least? If he's holding up anything from their later music as good, he should just be quiet. :lol:

I think their pretty close to rocking there... maybe still kind of like pop, but not too bad for asian rock I think.

I think their pretty close to rocking there... maybe still kind of like pop, but not too bad for asian rock I think.

Montrovant, you like this? :lol:

Oh, let's do Japanese women in rock/metal, too! :D

And Babymetal is always fun!

You have to hand it too them though, the entire band is made of women... no men.

You have to hand it too them though, the entire band is made of women... no men.

Just doesn't seem like the type of music that he would like at all. :D

Forum List

Back