Can women rock too?

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D
Some great lead singers, but little else.

Janis Joplin, Grace Slick and others.

I do not know if this qualifies as rock but she sure can sing. I truly love this rendition of this song.

The Shadow Of Your Smile
Sarah Vaughan

She was one of the ones he was making fun of . . . "I went to a party last Saturday night, I didn't get laid, I got in a fight, uh-huh, it ain't no big thing." He says she's just a slut. :lol:

This is just one of many double standards that women have to put up with. If a guy sings about sex and stuff, no problem, but if a woman does it? She is labelled a slut or a whore. Why is it okay for men to enjoy and sing about sex but not women?

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I think we can do that... bananalama.gif

I think we can do that... View attachment 122313

Love that emoji! That is so cute!

I think all of us guys on here Chrissy made it loud and clear, women can rock.....

I think we can do that... View attachment 122313

Love that emoji! That is so cute!

It's me riding a little dinosaur biggrinbounce2.gif

Who's that girl rockin' the bass in Cleveland?

Tal Wikenfield? (Sp?)

Indeed it is. She rocks. I don't really care for her solo albums but she rocked when she was with Jeff Beck.

You know who else rocks? My wife. She's been playing guitar for about 10 years.

And my 16 year old niece. She's getting pretty good on the drums. When we were out morel hunting last weekend she said she's starting a band with a few of her friends. I think she's pretty serious because I've been seeing her driving down the street (OMG!! DRIVING! :eek-52:) with her drum kit stuffed into her car lately on her way to go jam.

Most women dont care for rock like men.... Preferences and choices. Your friend most likly is thinking metal when talking rock..... Kittie Rocks .

Or Otep

Or Arch Enemy

are just three off the top of my head. While it is true most women are not die hard fans of rock or metal there are a bunch of kick ass exceptions.

Forum List

Back