Can we keep this up. Libs say yes.

Fact is neither side wants to do anything about it

Serious debt means you have to do two things

1. Cut spending
2 Increase the tax rate

More money in, less money out

ALL spending must be up for cuts......military, social programs, foreign aid
Taxes must go up to ensure a surplus

Ain't going to happen. Americans do not want to sacrifice. They want others to sacrifice

Exactly right.

That only works if you use the funds to pay existing high interest debt Huggy, not expand existing programs and increased expenditures.

It's simple economics. During times of recession and depression, the government should be spending money to help with the employment situation and kick start the economy. During times of growth the government should cut spending and raise taxes to make up for what was spent. It's almost like plumbing..sheesh.:lol:

thats stupid economics keynes was a moron. hazlitt was right

Well feel free to list the countries that have been successful following Friedman's model.

It's simple economics. During times of recession and depression, the government should be spending money to help with the employment situation and kick start the economy. During times of growth the government should cut spending and raise taxes to make up for what was spent. It's almost like plumbing..sheesh.:lol:

Well feel free to list the countries that have been successful following Friedman's model.

There is no other country like ours to compare to but the Japanese did a pretty good job of recovering from their last crash with massive government help.

There is no other country like ours to compare to but the Japanese did a pretty good job of recovering from their last crash with massive government help.

Sure there are.

And the one's that follow what Milton Friedman advocated for are generally third world nations.

Your sweeping generalizations reflect a simple frustrated mind. No one is going to "foreclose" on the USA. Get a grip. You personally don't owe $128,429.00 in debt to the buyers of the bonds that generate the money you are referring to.

If you had the sense of a cockroach you would know that if there EVER was a time to borrow our way out of this crisis it is now. Take a look at interest rates. Stop peeing down your leg.

Anyone who thinks the federal government can renege on that debt is certifiable imbecile.

It has to be payed back by someone, and most likely that will be you, your children, your grand children and your great grandchildren. Only a callous asshole would want to impose that kind of debt on their posterity.

Here's an idea. How about the conservatives stop blaming the liberals, and the liberals stop blaming the conservatives. How about we just stop fucking whining and recognize that we're destroying the country and fix it. How fucking hard is that? We can argue over who did what later... after we've stopped screwing our grandchildren.

Is that too hard?

Liberals are the ones destroying the country. Why shouldn't we blame them? Before you can solve a problem you have to identify the cause. Look to the left to find the cause of the government spending us into bankruptcy. Even now Chuck Schumer is labeling anyone who wants to cut government spending an "extremist."

More social programs?

Irresponsible dickheads like you are the reason we are in this fix.

The country was brought to it's financial knees by irresponsible tax and regulatory policy by the previous two administrations. The only responsible and moral way to right the ship is to first recognize who and what were the true causes of this on going crisis and act to recover as much as possible from the beneficiaries of the colossal theft and fraud, do everything possible to help the middle class recover some of the strength they once enjoyed by providing incentives TO THE MIDDLE CLASS such as government sponsored training and retraining in American industry and manufacturing in products and services that have a sustainable future and therefore build our GDP so there is a predictable tax base that is not founded on speculation and manipulation as it is today.

If it takes borrowing at these record level low interest rates to do so...so be it. Gutting the services we provide from those that are in no position to alternatives is immoral.

No one is entitled to live at the expense of another. If you want to support the parasites with your own money, no one is stopping you.

I don't see this happening as long as the thieves control most of the message. Honestly I don't give a rats ass if it gets better or worse. At a certain point of desperation the people will decide in the streets as they are doing in North Africa. Assholes like Gudaffi didn't see this coming any more than our own government does. Either we will pull out of this by any means the government can muster or someday people like Rupert Murdoch will have their throats slit in their homes or have their private jets shot out of the sky with Stingers.. I can go either way.

I've got news for ya, buddy: you are one of the thieves.

At the moment our national debt comes in at over 14.275 trillion dollars. the debt owed by every tax payer is $128,429.00. The budget deficit for just this year sits at 1.3 trillion dollars and rising. The CBO states that we'll add another 9 trillion dollars to our budget deficit over the next 9 years. How many of you think that we can do what the left wants and maintain out of control spending at its current levels? The enclosed link is to the U.S. National Debt Clock: real time. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

i think obama had 2 years with a democratic congress

during which the only thing he got done was the healthcare plan

prior to that we had bush for 8 years and a republican congress since 1994

so i can readily understand why you would blame liberals for the mess we are in;

1. you are a conservative and you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions

2. you are a conservative so you MUST blame Liberals for the mess republicans and conservatives helped create

3. you are a conservative so you are very fkn stupid

4. you are a conservative so you are easily led by the lies of right wing spinmeisters

what a mess, talk about spinmeister....:lol:so 6 years of a rep congress with Clinton? how did that work out? prior to that we had over 45 years of a dem house and 10 combined of a rep. senate, but never full control of both and the exec. EVER post 28...oh, wait, I see, history started in 2001.

Last edited:
"Simple" is the right word. Or rather, "simpleton" is the right word. No one has ever demonstrated that government spending cures a recession. All the empirical evidence points in the other direction. furthermore, government never cuts spending. In times of growth, it increases spending even faster.

Time to kick the Keynesian abracadabra to the curb. Only savages believe in that nonsense any longer.

"Simple" is the right word. Or rather, "simpleton" is the right word. No one has ever demonstrated that government spending cures a recession. All the empirical evidence points in the other direction. furthermore, government never cuts spending. In times of growth, it increases spending even faster.

Time to kick the Keynesian abracadabra to the curb. Only savages believe in that nonsense any longer.

Since FDR up until Reagan..we experienced amazing growth..and the creation of a middle class. The Friedman model gave us the Great Depression in the 30s, bank and financial bailouts in the 80s, 90s. 2000 - 2011. Even Alan Greenspan admitted it was not working.

Calling people "savages" and simpletons may feel good..but it's hardly good analysis.

Ya...I am a fool....a fool to expect snakes to be anything but snakes. You are on the wrong tack as far as keeping my mouth shut. USMB promotes free speech and noobs such as yourself aren't going to change that. Allow me to help you adjust to the reality of posting here. If you do not like my offerings you are free to put me on ignore. (huggy)

Well huggy, at least you're honest. I can't believe how thin skinned you are though. It doesn't bother you to call other people names, but you really yank your shorts in to a knot when the field is reversed. That is really bad form big guy. You can dish it out but you don't seem to be able to take it.

Now lets examine the issue at hand. You seem upset because you have a sense that I want to block you posting your opinion. You couldn't be further from the truth. Maybe taking remedial reading comprehension classes would help. The truth of the matter is that I asked you to think before you post. When you put forward a flawed, unsupportable rant you really diminish your stature on this board. However, if you want to continue to make a fool of yourself be my guest.

Can we keep this up. Libs say yes.

When I saw the thread title I thought it was referring to the incredible level of the world is ending hysteria they've maintained for decades. I was going to say I don't know, but I can't believe they're not getting tired yet. In fact they seem to be able to ratchet it up a notch every time I think they'd tire out. So I don't know how long they can do it. It's pretty impressive at this point though, being in the greatest, richest country in the history of man and firmly believing we're all poor and downtrodden. Delusional, but impressive.

Since FDR up until Reagan..we experienced amazing growth..and the creation of a middle class. The Friedman model gave us the Great Depression in the 30s, bank and financial bailouts in the 80s, 90s. 2000 - 2011. Even Alan Greenspan admitted it was not working.

Calling people "savages" and simpletons may feel good..but it's hardly good analysis.

Since Reagan we have seen the destruction of the middle class

Yes, that we have the richest country in the history of mankind shouldn't be construed as that we did anything right

Ya...I am a fool....a fool to expect snakes to be anything but snakes. You are on the wrong tack as far as keeping my mouth shut. USMB promotes free speech and noobs such as yourself aren't going to change that. Allow me to help you adjust to the reality of posting here. If you do not like my offerings you are free to put me on ignore. (huggy)

Well huggy, at least you're honest. I can't believe how thin skinned you are though. It doesn't bother you to call other people names, but you really yank your shorts in to a knot when the field is reversed. That is really bad form big guy. You can dish it out but you don't seem to be able to take it.

Now lets examine the issue at hand. You seem upset because you have a sense that I want to block you posting your opinion. You couldn't be further from the truth. Maybe taking remedial reading comprehension classes would help. The truth of the matter is that I asked you to think before you post. When you put forward a flawed, unsupportable rant you really diminish your stature on this board. However, if you want to continue to make a fool of yourself be my guest.

What a pompous POS! I don't need any "educational" direction from you. You have been here ten minutes.

Here's an idea. How about the conservatives stop blaming the liberals, and the liberals stop blaming the conservatives. How about we just stop fucking whining and recognize that we're destroying the country and fix it. How fucking hard is that? We can argue over who did what later... after we've stopped screwing our grandchildren.

Is that too hard?

Liberals are the ones destroying the country. Why shouldn't we blame them? Before you can solve a problem you have to identify the cause. Look to the left to find the cause of the government spending us into bankruptcy. Even now Chuck Schumer is labeling anyone who wants to cut government spending an "extremist."

Don't let factual economics get in the way of your little cute talking points.
Most folks who understand Economics 101 and objectively look at historical facts will never point a finger at just the left or just the right. As pointed out in this thread by thinking conservatives and liberals, both the GOP and Democrats politicians are responsible for this fiasco.

Flat wages since 1980 in Real Dollars and the redistribution of wealth upwards says it all. The Middle Class will be a fond memory if the Middle Class doesn't wake up and smell the crap that has been shoved at them.

More social programs?

Irresponsible dickheads like you are the reason we are in this fix.

The country was brought to it's financial knees by irresponsible tax and regulatory policy by the previous two administrations. The only responsible and moral way to right the ship is to first recognize who and what were the true causes of this on going crisis and act to recover as much as possible from the beneficiaries of the colossal theft and fraud, do everything possible to help the middle class recover some of the strength they once enjoyed by providing incentives TO THE MIDDLE CLASS such as government sponsored training and retraining in American industry and manufacturing in products and services that have a sustainable future and therefore build our GDP so there is a predictable tax base that is not founded on speculation and manipulation as it is today.

If it takes borrowing at these record level low interest rates to do so...so be it. Gutting the services we provide from those that are in no position to alternatives is immoral.

No one is entitled to live at the expense of another. If you want to support the parasites with your own money, no one is stopping you.

I don't see this happening as long as the thieves control most of the message. Honestly I don't give a rats ass if it gets better or worse. At a certain point of desperation the people will decide in the streets as they are doing in North Africa. Assholes like Gudaffi didn't see this coming any more than our own government does. Either we will pull out of this by any means the government can muster or someday people like Rupert Murdoch will have their throats slit in their homes or have their private jets shot out of the sky with Stingers.. I can go either way.

I've got news for ya, buddy: you are one of the thieves.

Well you are close to right. When I run across an asshole like you one of the first things that enters my mind is to take everything away from you. Not that I need to..it's just that you play the victim card so well it is almost irresistible not to help you fulfill your destiny.

Is that too hard?

It's very hard with a representative republic. Tax cuts are very popular and so is the lion's share of the spending.

First guy to suggest doing away with either... loses.

What a pompous POS! I don't need any "educational" direction from you. You have been here ten minutes. (huggy)

That's right huggy, and I've already got you pegged. I'm having a ball. How are you doing?

Forum List

Back