Can we keep this up. Libs say yes.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yota5, Apr 3, 2011.

1. yota5

yota5 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    At the moment our national debt comes in at over 14.275 trillion dollars. the debt owed by every tax payer is $128,429.00. The budget deficit for just this year sits at 1.3 trillion dollars and rising. The CBO states that we'll add another 9 trillion dollars to our budget deficit over the next 9 years. How many of you think that we can do what the left wants and maintain out of control spending at its current levels? The enclosed link is to the U.S. National Debt Clock: real time. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rikules

rikules fighting thugs and cons

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +305
    i think obama had 2 years with a democratic congress

during which the only thing he got done was the healthcare plan

prior to that we had bush for 8 years and a republican congress since 1994

so i can readily understand why you would blame liberals for the mess we are in;

1. you are a conservative and you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions

2. you are a conservative so you MUST blame Liberals for the mess republicans and conservatives helped create

3. you are a conservative so you are very fkn stupid

4. you are a conservative so you are easily led by the lies of right wing spinmeisters

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Your sweeping generalizations reflect a simple frustrated mind. No one is going to "foreclose" on the USA. Get a grip. You personally don't owe $128,429.00 in debt to the buyers of the bonds that generate the money you are referring to.

If you had the sense of a cockroach you would know that if there EVER was a time to borrow our way out of this crisis it is now. Take a look at interest rates. Stop peeing down your leg.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  4. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,892
    Buy Singapore dollars.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,745
    Well ya got yer answer didn't ya.. The liberals see NO fucking problemo....Next?

6. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    That only works if you use the funds to pay existing high interest debt Huggy, not expand existing programs and increased expenditures.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Here's an idea. How about the conservatives stop blaming the liberals, and the liberals stop blaming the conservatives. How about we just stop fucking whining and recognize that we're destroying the country and fix it. How fucking hard is that? We can argue over who did what later... after we've stopped screwing our grandchildren.

Is that too hard?

8. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    The country was brought to it's financial knees by irresponsible tax and regulatory policy by the previous two administrations. The only responsible and moral way to right the ship is to first recognize who and what were the true causes of this on going crisis and act to recover as much as possible from the beneficiaries of the colossal theft and fraud, do everything possible to help the middle class recover some of the strength they once enjoyed by providing incentives TO THE MIDDLE CLASS such as government sponsored training and retraining in American industry and manufacturing in products and services that have a sustainable future and therefore build our GDP so there is a predictable tax base that is not founded on speculation and manipulation as it is today.

If it takes borrowing at these record level low interest rates to do so...so be it. Gutting the services we provide from those that are in no position to alternatives is immoral.

I don't see this happening as long as the thieves control most of the message. Honestly I don't give a rats ass if it gets better or worse. At a certain point of desperation the people will decide in the streets as they are doing in North Africa. Assholes like Gudaffi didn't see this coming any more than our own government does. Either we will pull out of this by any means the government can muster or someday people like Rupert Murdoch will have their throats slit in their homes or have their private jets shot out of the sky with Stingers.. I can go either way.

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    So, yea.... it is apparently beyond the intellectual paygrade of many Americans to recognize really basic facts like both Republicans and Democrats are in this up to their eyeballs. Blaming 'an administration' while ignore the fact that congress was held by the other party might suit your political ideology... but ignoring inconvenient truths do not make those truths go away.

Fact: We are destroying our nation with debt.

Personally, rather than whine about who did what to get us into this mess, I'm grown up enough to prefer to focus on fixing it. You're too fucking stupid to get past the bullshit.

10. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    It's simple economics. During times of recession and depression, the government should be spending money to help with the employment situation and kick start the economy. During times of growth the government should cut spending and raise taxes to make up for what was spent. It's almost like plumbing..sheesh.:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1