Can the right generate enough fear over Egypt to re-energize their base?

*shrugs*

you tell me..

Terrorist threat may be at most 'heightened state' since 9/11, Napolitano says

By Peter Finn
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, February 9, 2011; 5:08 PM

The terrorist threat to the United States may be at its most "heightened state" since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and al-Qaeda and its affiliates are placing increased emphasis on recruiting Americans and other Westerners to carry out attacks, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

*shrugs*

you tell me..

By Peter Finn

The terrorist threat to the United States may be at its most "heightened state" since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and al-Qaeda and its affiliates are placing increased emphasis on recruiting Americans and other Westerners to carry out attacks, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

Right, left, pfffffft, the statists are going to give it their best shot. Keep the sheeple in fear and the sheeple will demand protection from an ever growing state apparatus.

Can the Left generate enough confusion over Egypt to depress their base? Obama is trying and I'm sure he'll succeed.

*shrugs*

you tell me..

By Peter Finn

Tsk tsk, posting facts with liberals isn't allowed. Only propaganda and unsubstanciated heresay need apply!

how can any patriotic American be against democracy?

I'm certain you supported the cries of the Iraqi people when they too wanted their freedom from a tyrannical monster, right? After all you're here supporting it in this very thread.

*shrugs*

you tell me..

By Peter Finn

Right, left, pfffffft, the statists are going to give it their best shot. Keep the sheeple in fear and the sheeple will demand protection from an ever growing state apparatus.

I don't wholly disagree, theres certainly plenty to go round...

Thye are trying, but not sure it will work out for them.

How so?

I know there's talk that if we lose them as an ally we may lose use of the Suez. And I heard talk that the Muslim Brotherhood is trying to move in.

I don't know how any of this would motivate the the GOP base.

I do not believe we use the Suez much. that would appear to be more of a concern for Europe.

*shrugs*

you tell me..

By Peter Finn

Tsk tsk, posting facts with liberals isn't allowed. Only propaganda and unsubstanciated heresay need apply!

Pffffffffft....your earlier posts about jihadists and whatnot in Egypt are facts?

I'm certain you supported the cries of the Iraqi people when they too wanted their freedom from a tyrannical monster, right? After all you're here supporting it in this very thread.

Killilng a few hundred thousand and invading/occupying a country to force democracy down ones throat is a bit different.

But then Democracy was the last excuse for invading Iraq not the first one.

Who is against democracy?

No one. But truthdon'tmatter can't cope with the very real issues regarding Egypt, so, like all lefties, they need to pretend bad things don't happen. Whatever you do... do NOT look at Iran for an example of what can happen when you long for 'democracy'.

What "very real issues" specifically, are you worried about?

As for the original post. It's obvious that there are two major false premises involved.

No one is trying to generate fear.

The right doesnt need to be reenergized.

All in all, it makes the question rather pointless.

Forum List

Back