can someone prove that god exists?

Do Buddhists or Agnostics believe in Statistics?

How about Statistical Impossibilities? (1 x 10^50) is "statistically impossible")

No god in my world as you conceive of him. There is no savior, creator in my world.

Now, if you want to talk about suchness itself, That which cannot be imagined or described, the experience of presence, of essence or buddha nature. That's another story.

Oh he's there. EXACTLY as I conceive of him.

You just can't see him. Or hear him.

There is oxygen in both our worlds too, but you can't see it, or hear it (normally).

That doesn't mean it isn't there.

Atheism is the antithesis of religion.

No, atheism is the "belief" that there is no God. It takes on "faith" that God does not exist.

Agnosticism (which I am) holds no belief in anything. We are only interested in that which can be observed and measured. Many scientists such as myself are agnostics.

A theism. A means no or without, theism means God. Atheism is not a belief but a position of reason.

Not according to any number of dictionaries I have. Nice try though. Her's one to get you started. Remember it's not how you define it but how the rest of the world defines it. Your definition is not in accord with the rest of world.

Pronunciation
•/ˈeɪθiɪzəm/
•
Noun
1.Absence of belief in the existence of God or gods
2.The belief that a God does not exist

Define atheism | Dictionary and Thesaurus

Like The Infidel said, just look around. Do you know of any intelligence that could do that? You can't tell me that all of this happened by accident.

Sure I can. Everything happened by accident until life ...then it also happened by the purpose for life to survive.
All those stars in the sky, butterflies, hummingbirds, rainbows? Sure you can give me a scientific explanation, but to what purpose if not for the sheer beauty of it all? I can't speak for anyone but me, but my knowledge and reason force me to believe.

What is atheism but the faith that there is no God?

not being brought up with religion, I have a hard time believing in the stuff. however I spoke to my brother a couple of days ago and he tells me that he believes because too many bad things happened in his past that if some supernatural being didn't have any input he would have been dead a hundred times over. now he sounds like one of those born again christians. he still curses and stuff but he's a christian! so does anyone have any hard evidence that god exist? don't tell me it's faith. I can have faith everytime I purchase a lotto ticket. but that isn't going to guarantee me winning.

you know, i always wonder why people do this.

it is faith. it is nothing more. if you believe than everything you see tells you that you should. if you don't, the reverse is true.

why do you care what anyone else believes as long as they're not hurting anyone or trying to impose their beliefs on others?

No, nor can it be proven that a God doesn't exist. Atheism is just as much a religion as deism.

No, atheism is the "belief" that there is no God. It takes on "faith" that God does not exist.

Agnosticism (which I am) holds no belief in anything. We are only interested in that which can be observed and measured. Many scientists such as myself are agnostics.

So it is faith to not believe that there are people living inside the earth walking upside down?
Some actually believe this.

why do you care what anyone else believes as long as they're not hurting anyone or trying to impose their beliefs on others?

yes this is the key.
Many of those who do believe think it their duty to force their beliefs on others though.
The no teaching evoloution in schools laws being submitted, etc.

So it is faith to not believe that there are people living inside the earth walking upside down?

Technically, anything you cannot prove is a faith.

Is there a reason for you talking gibberish? Are you so deperate to be seen as glib that you must interpose nonsense in everything?

not being brought up with religion, I have a hard time believing in the stuff. however I spoke to my brother a couple of days ago and he tells me that he believes because too many bad things happened in his past that if some supernatural being didn't have any input he would have been dead a hundred times over. now he sounds like one of those born again christians. he still curses and stuff but he's a christian! so does anyone have any hard evidence that god exist? don't tell me it's faith. I can have faith everytime I purchase a lotto ticket. but that isn't going to guarantee me winning.

No. God can be neither proved, nor disproved.

Why not?

Technically, anything you cannot prove is a faith.

It is? I thought faith was the other way around belileving in something that could not be proven.

So anything we cannot prove takes faith?

Prove that!:eusa_whistle:

only took to post #7

/thread

Why not?

get a 3rd grade education

Again....

Statistics and statistical impossibilites. Real, or faith?

and there is the other side...

science is not faith based. so likening a belief in a divine being to scientific and/or mathematical paradigms is simply a means of reducing science to the same unknowables as religion.

My point is (kudos for not taking the bait), there is a fine line between that which is "Science" and that which is "Faith."

There is no correct answer to "statistical impossibilities" even though Science has assigned a value to it. The Catch 22 of SI is that they are the mathematical basis for many theorems, Laws, and Axioms, and yet, by definition, they are not "impossible" at all.

Go look in the mirror.... then look closely at your eyes.

Dont tell me that that just happens.... or sit and look at a beautiful sunset, or a newborn baby.

God is all around you. Ya just have to have an open mind.

stupid feel good fallacy

Forum List

Back