can someone prove that god exists?

No. God can be neither proved, nor disproved.

God has been proven to me.

Let's hear your argument then. I'm talking about logic here, not whether you're a believer.

I don't have "an argument."

And I've been around enough to know the futility of arguing religion. Either you know God, or you don't. I cannot prove to you that he exists, and you cannot prove to me that he doesn't.

but....

He does :)

God has been proven to me.

Let's hear your argument then. I'm talking about logic here, not whether you're a believer.

And I've been around enough to know the futility of arguing religion. Either you know God, or you don't. I cannot prove to you that he exists, and you cannot prove to me that he doesn't.

but....

You cannot use your powers of reason to argue the existence of God? Too bad.

Last edited:

but....

He exists in your mind. Not in mine.

In my mind, and in my world. He is real in my world.

I don't experience your world, or your mind, so I really can't say if he is there or not.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say he's there.

Fear of eternal punishment is the main reason most "belief" exists.

Eternalism--the belief in an eternal God, an eternal heaven and hell are considered in Buddhism to be one of the four extreme views that keep one from realizing enlightenment.

Nihilism--the belief that everything doesn't exist is another extreme view to be avoided.

No, nor can it be proven that a God doesn't exist. Atheism is just as much a religion as deism.

Atheism is the antithesis of religion.

No, atheism is the "belief" that there is no God. It takes on "faith" that God does not exist.

Agnosticism (which I am) holds no belief in anything. We are only interested in that which can be observed and measured. Many scientists such as myself are agnostics.

No, I don't consider my self very religious. Reason comes first.

I've never heard a reasoned argument for the existence of God.

I never argued for his existence, I just explained that if you are religious you accept the fact that you just have to believe and accept that there will never be any evidence.

We see things differently in Buddhism. We're into science. For example, we can measure benefits to the body and brain from meditation. We have proof that it's beneficial. Evidence exists.

Certain physics theories prove Buddhist principle too.

No, nor can it be proven that a God doesn't exist. Atheism is just as much a religion as deism.

Atheism is the antithesis of religion.

No, atheism is the "belief" that there is no God. It takes on "faith" that God does not exist.

Agnosticism (which I am) holds no belief in anything. We are only interested in that which can be observed and measured. Many scientists such as myself are agnostics.

A theism. A means no or without, theism means God. Atheism is not a belief but a position of reason.

but....

He exists in your mind. Not in mine.

In my mind, and in my world. He is real in my world.

I don't experience your world, or your mind, so I really can't say if he is there or not.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say he's there.

No god in my world as you conceive of him. There is no savior, creator in my world.

Now, if you want to talk about suchness itself, That which cannot be imagined or described, the experience of presence, of essence or buddha nature. That's another story.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back